Indian Special Forces

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag
abhi tak toh nehi dikha mujhe kahin reddit pe but uffff ye log kitne kamine hain fr fr
Karma is important I have stopped participating anymore and posting cause the subreddit has gone to shits one mod who actually worked has quit and the rest are in deep slumber but their favourite past time when they come online is handing out 7 day bans to people left and right

Jedi Operator

Country flag
Karma is important I have stopped participating anymore and posting cause the subreddit has gone to shits one mod who actually worked has quit and the rest are in deep slumber but their favourite past time when they come online is handing out 7 day bans to people left and right
dude I legit just put up an SAS post this morning, that got deleted too, by the mod. I was like ok whatever...

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag
dude I legit just put up an SAS post this morning, that got deleted too, by the mod. I was like ok whatever...
bruv i have been banned 3 times and n number of posts got deleted too lmao :rofl:
I haven't been banned cause I stopped participating but number of people IK got banned subs subs gone to shit now

ALBY

Section Moderator
Country flag
IMG_7321.jpeg

if this is the list of KiA of 10 alone in Lanka that means they lost 33/34.Last checked it was 1 with most number of KIA 9 too had mich casualties.Imagine the number of SF guys we lost in Lanka.Does this figure matches with that in the govts portal in martyrs

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
View attachment 258608
if this is the list of KiA of 10 alone in Lanka that means they lost 33/34.Last checked it was 1 with most number of KIA 9 too had mich casualties.Imagine the number of SF guys we lost in Lanka.Does this figure matches with that in the govts portal in martyrs
One psycho who roams around these threads will have a migrane and wont be able to sleep tonight.

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
View attachment 258608
On a serious note 10 para performed poorly in Lanka and as well as in Kargil.

They had no small team concept and they bleeded in Lanka.

9 on the other hand due to small team concept could do better.

airborneCommando

Country flag
View attachment 258608
Reason for most casualties of 10 SF, as mentioned by @COLDHEARTED AVIATOR lies in their way of operating and their hasty induction into lanka.
For 1 SF, I believe it was their unit SOPs that slowed them down with the most KIAs out of three and finally, 9 SF was taking casualties maybe due to overburden ?

ALBY

Section Moderator
Country flag

So all the stores of the LTTE’s most feared enemy unit ran by saint soldier is a made up one?

RDXChauhan

Country flag
Old School MARCOS
View attachment 258564
The old school guys had an IMSF shoulder tab, para wings, a white nameplate I guess and the iconic IMSF chest patch, their insginia at the time.
View attachment 258565
Early 2000s in North Kashmir

View attachment 258566
One of the frst batches of MARCOS, I think of them is a Veer Chakra from IPKF ops, the one who is sitting second, moving from right to left in the front row.

View attachment 258567
This is IMSF training at Sarsawa, SG course, they used to do it before they had their own course

View attachment 258568
With SEALs, dont know which team. At first I thought this pic might be a little embarrasingso I did not put it here, but the more you know....this is from an anual exercise in 2006-07 ig

Inmei se koi bhi pic reddit par mat dalna kamino

IMG_20240619_185020_825.jpg

MARCOS and SEALS from some recent exercise

RDXChauhan

Country flag

I thought 10 did better, I read somewhere Sheonan Singh went with about a strength of 102-104.
Ofc yes you are correct that they had no small team concept
Only had a couple of casualties probably, ofc the main objective wasn't accomplished but what I read of that Jaffna University battle it looked tough considering that the whole sri Lanka campaign was doomed from the start. The airforce and sikh company was already in disarray in that Jaffna University LZ.

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
Reason for most casualties of 10 SF, as mentioned by @COLDHEARTED AVIATOR lies in their way of operating and their hasty induction into lanka.
For 1 SF, I believe it was their unit SOPs that slowed them down with the most KIAs out of three and finally, 9 SF was taking casualties maybe due to overburden ?
Over burden and risks.

Those were some hard faught battles.

10 was rotated out of time?

10 then hit RL in Kargil in a recon mission at 2 Pakis😁...again rotated and sent back.

Kashmir cqb has not been the best case scenarios for them.

Articles