Indian Special Forces

airborneCommando

Country flag
1.) I do not understand why he is doing so to be honest

2.) View attachment 242875 Look at the rear foot of the first guy here, I just dont know what's up with their tactics...these are very old school 1980s methods and how do they not limit the first guy's movement.

3.) Not really, look close enough, they are keeping muzzels above each other's shoulders, the most I can make of this is that they want to have a strong arc of fire but do not realize that they might mistakenly flag their teammate if it comes to a dynamic entry
This method is just ingrained into every armed unit be it Police/swat, RR, Army Inf, SF and even MCF. I believe the main culprits behind this are the kooks in disguise of trainers teaching all of that martial arts ninja style bullshit who came in when the training and implementation of urban cqb was in its naescent stage. Some units have managed to get out of that loop, while some are clearly stuck in it with zero overall improvement whatsoever.
Taking NSG as an example, there's a lot of difference within such tight knit org ! -
[Really sorry if I posted an old picture but I hope you guys are getting my point]

images (11).jpeg

images (10).jpeg

images (9).jpeg

images (8).jpeg

images (7).jpeg

airborneCommando

Country flag
They look comfortable with the gear now, not yet with the comtacs.
They arent inducted in that many numbers yet, NSWTTC and a few units here and there are running them in active enviornments, rest are sticking to either motorola headsets or the ones that came with new radios.

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag
They arent inducted in that many numbers yet, NSWTTC and a few units here and there are running them in active enviornments, rest are sticking to either motorola headsets or the ones that came with new radios.
In few year's they will standarise comtacs too bit by bit they are getting their and best part is they are getting comfortable with their gear they adapt fast.

ManhattanProject

Country flag
i have never seen them with motorolas, any pics?

ManhattanProject

Country flag
This method is just ingrained into every armed unit be it Police/swat, RR, Army Inf, SF and even MCF. I believe the main culprits behind this are the kooks in disguise of trainers teaching all of that martial arts ninja style bullshit who came in when the training and implementation of urban cqb was in its naescent stage. Some units have managed to get out of that loop, while some are clearly stuck in it with zero overall improvement whatsoever.
Taking NSG as an example, there's a lot of difference within such tight knit org ! -
[Really sorry if I posted an old picture but I hope you guys are getting my point]

View attachment 242933

View attachment 242934

View attachment 242935

View attachment 242936

View attachment 242937
What does sitting on each other's knees help with cqb?

Kumaoni

Question- Why do defence enthusiasts of india use the term “operator” a lot? I’m not sure if the indian army doctrine uses the term “operator”. Nor have i seen veterans belonging to the SF community referring to themselves as an “operator” but “commando” a lot.

case in point:
“RR operator”.

airborneCommando

Country flag
Question- Why do defence enthusiasts of india use the term “operator” a lot? I’m not sure if the indian army doctrine uses the term “operator”. Nor have i seen veterans belonging to the SF community referring to themselves as an “operator” but “commando” a lot.

case in point:
“RR operator”.
In India its an unofficial term used by some SF guys here and there. Other than that only semi-literate people have been throwing around the term online.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles