Indian Special Forces

Zoid Raptor

Country flag
You're confusing Kolkata Police Commando (pictured first) with West Bengal Police STF (pictured second). The latter are much more effective, and have wider mandate & successful op history than the former who are limited to demonstrations & parades.
Your point being? I not referring to what their op mandate is since no sane org will send female units to handle a crisis. Imagine the backlash WB police and govt would have to face if those females are injured or dead.
Indian states have a unified state police command with a central (state level) top-down structure unlike the US where every county/city/town police operate independently with local governing bodies funding their police, fire depts and the likes

In my post above, both Kolkata's police commandos and STF are funded by the same WB police dept. You can clearly see the difference in gear and equipment between both and it would've been better if the men were equipped on those lines which indicates better utilization and allocation of funds instead of equipping those female units

It's about time state police starting equipping and training SWAT units comprised of men at least in bigger cities to reduce the reliance on NSG in case a 26/11 like scenario happens again

zathura98

Country flag
WB for instance dedicated a ton of resources and funds to develop these clowns

View attachment 239695

View attachment 239696

but ended up sending the below for some op a few years ago

View attachment 239698

Here's Delhi SWAT...they don't even look young

Even the authorities are aware that it's the men who will have to ward of any attack and women will be used for photo ops and posing during public events. Should've reserved the MP5s' for the men and give these women some hand-me-down AKs' or older Insas

View attachment 239699
delhi swat's camo will be much deadlier than flashbangs for terrorists.

SierraDelta.IND

Country flag
since no sane org will send female units to handle a crisis
They've all-male units too in KP Cdo, who are even better 'equipped'. But my point stands, they're ltd to parades & distribution of gears is still in question.
Indian states have a unified state police command with a central (state level) top-down structure
Kolkata's police commandos and STF are funded by the same WB police dept.
Kolkata Police & West Bengal police are different departments with diff budget allocations!

Last edited:

rkhanna

Country flag

a good way to pop opps covertly in urban areas .
IMO Sadly this stuff has lower use cases in India. Generally due to Density of Population any car that is not local and static for too long will get noticed quiet fast - enough number of times even in Bombay the local shop guy will call the cops. And again density of infra means long guns are an overkill.

Also, tactically to do this effectively in India the choices of cars are few - cant use big cars as they cost alot and will stick out like a sore thumb if the cost of the vehicle doesnt match the neighbourhood. You cant use the small compacts (Maruti 800 etc as too small to carry kit and gear). Maruti Vans types IMO would be the best bet

From whomever i have ever spoken to in the Police etc usualy end up becoming the Auto Guy/ Taxi Guy and blending into the mass of humans - hide in plain sight sort off.

A relative of mine (IPS / IB) went undercover for a few months (in the 80s) as a Mali in a "VIPs" house to do survillence as all possible (Case specific) intel leaks seemed to point to one origin.

The Americans tend to do this in Denied Areas with UAV Cover most of the time with easy Ingress/Egress for their vehicle if they need to exfil in a hurry.

Do you have more resources to read on this specific topic of vehicle sniper/surveillance hides ?
Any book around JSOC units carry some nice bits.

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
PS - Red Devils was a name given to the British Para's by the Germans in Africa in WWII because of the reddish sand that stuck to them (Just for Shits ;p )
Red devils
Who dares wins
Maroon beret
Para brigade name
Balidan badge

tell me what isnt copied..and then abuse the same people u copy and call urself superior

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
India is probably ahead of any country I can think of leaning into the ‘all woman’ tactical units military or civilian

and as I’ve said repeatedly reality will always win

Good luck

watch from 17:40

watch this indian ota cadet being shown as feminish ka flag getting dhakka pass on running day test and things being said like she was injured etc

you are dhakka pass..injury or no injury no one cares in any other military academy of this world

kaboom

Country flag
IMO Sadly this stuff has lower use cases in India. Generally due to Density of Population any car that is not local and static for too long will get noticed quiet fast - enough number of times even in Bombay the local shop guy will call the cops. And again density of infra means long guns are an overkill.

Also, tactically to do this effectively in India the choices of cars are few - cant use big cars as they cost alot and will stick out like a sore thumb if the cost of the vehicle doesnt match the neighbourhood. You cant use the small compacts (Maruti 800 etc as too small to carry kit and gear). Maruti Vans types IMO would be the best bet

From whomever i have ever spoken to in the Police etc usualy end up becoming the Auto Guy/ Taxi Guy and blending into the mass of humans - hide in plain sight sort off.

A relative of mine (IPS / IB) went undercover for a few months (in the 80s) as a Mali in a "VIPs" house to do survillence as all possible (Case specific) intel leaks seemed to point to one origin.

The Americans tend to do this in Denied Areas with UAV Cover most of the time with easy Ingress/Egress for their vehicle if they need to exfil in a hurry.

Any book around JSOC units carry some nice bits.
True ,
But you are wrong about the vehicle part ;
We have the best vehicle for this job
1707287890948.png

imagine them zooming around in a white omni with " Ramesh loves Sunita " written on the back windshield and Jai Mata di travels written on the front . .

But this kind of setup if done properly can be very effective , like it did in DC Sniper case. Maybe that case was one of the inspiration for this setup

Global Defence

New threads

Articles