Indian Special Forces

ManhattanProject

Country flag
I mean look closely
4-5 guys have standard kits
And they are using well setup shooter cut pc with dual mags and ptt connected to radio
Battle belts dump pouches holster and many other things which aren't visible due to video quality
I can't believe they are Indian sf
I did look closely, i also notice them running ARs exclusively ofcourse excluding the machineguns. Why dont we see this force wide?

abingdonboy

Country flag
What a video man
Atleast best standardization I mean the best atleast last 4 guys
Everyone has holsters battle belts dump pouches proper setup of pc
Some serious shit is going inside sf
@airborneCommando ig u are right, certain things are moving in right direction
About as good as the IA can possibly be as of now, it’s actually decent but nothing special. Combine this with some decent training and they’d be respectable. (Not going to even hope for night fighting in india anymore)

the bigger issue that few ever seem to ask is why the fk are they using ‘special forces’ for this stuff? I’ve seen videos from Kulgam and CRPF (including QAT) seemed to be more present than any IA. Regroup and reorient to the commie threat- they’ll require actual strategic and battalion level operations, the day when these two bit jihadis were a strategic threat is long since over, continuing to employ the tip of the Indian army’s spear in this fight is only blunting them

Of course what can be expected from the strategic level geniuses that deliver you this:

abingdonboy

Country flag
Yep, their kit doesn't look like guys wearing stuff that they'll figure out some day.
+100- shockingly rare in the Indian military and especially SF world.

as for not being free to do joint exercises- there exactly the issue and goes to me point above. Being drained of all capacity is the kind of tied down game the Pakis and their commie daddies would love to orchestrate. Sense needs to prevail

Kumaoni

They are nothing like delta, let’s keep technical divisions grounded in reality
Remind me last time delta got its ass kicked by 7 rusted ak militants? Absolutely hilarious levels of comparisons in this thread.

airborneCommando

Country flag
as for not being free to do joint exercises- there exactly the issue and goes to me point above. Being drained of all capacity is the kind of tied down game the Pakis and their commie daddies would love to orchestrate. Sense needs to prevail
You know what solution the senior leadership alongwith MoD came up with ? Raise more SF battalions and convert the regular ones to SF role.

airborneCommando

Country flag
Remind me last time delta got its ass kicked by 7 rusted ak militants? Absolutely hilarious levels of comparisons in this thread.
Delta has a seperate mandate to any special operations force in India.
A few orgs within the NSG can be called somewhat close to delta's mandate but again NSG comes under MHA.

Jedi Operator

Country flag
They are nothing like delta, let’s keep technical divisions grounded in reality
yaar he's trying to say in terms of "Delta" is the top there, and "9 Para" is the top here. (Atleast acc to him) Like some historians say Samudraguptta was the Napolean of India, that doesnt mean he was comparable to Napolean in achivements. It's just a perspective, not comparison

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag
yaar he's trying to say in terms of "Delta" is the top there, and "9 Para" is the top here. (Atleast acc to him) Like some historians say Samudraguptta was the Napolean of India, that doesnt mean he was comparable to Napolean in achivements. It's just a perspective, not comparison
Thank you

jai jaganath

Country flag
About as good as the IA can possibly be as of now, it’s actually decent but nothing special. Combine this with some decent training and they’d be respectable. (Not going to even hope for night fighting in india anymore)

the bigger issue that few ever seem to ask is why the fk are they using ‘special forces’ for this stuff? I’ve seen videos from Kulgam and CRPF (including QAT) seemed to be more present than any IA. Regroup and reorient to the commie threat- they’ll require actual strategic and battalion level operations, the day when these two bit jihadis were a strategic threat is long since over, continuing to employ the tip of the Indian army’s spear in this fight is only blunting them

Of course what can be expected from the strategic level geniuses that deliver you this:

Yeah operational mandates never being exercised by Indian military :dude:
But whatever development we see has to be appreciated coz the way they have maintained themselves for past 20 years is depressing

Global Defence

New threads

Articles