Indian Special Forces

abingdonboy

Country flag
They definitely can't, lol.
I tried explaining the marine corps study on effectiveness of woman in combat. One of the replies which I got was rather ammusing - " Indian women are accustomed to living in harsh conditions for centuries unlike american women and thus have a stronger will "
Indian women on average are some of the most physically weak on the planet

replies like that almost make me want to see this freak show play out. Over the years I’ve heard of terrible terrible fates befall Indian soldiers at the hands of the enemy, any woman that would think it a good idea to put herself in that position deserves the consequences imo

go ask the Yazidis if they’d like to serve in Para SF against the same animals

jai jaganath

Country flag

replies like that almost make me want to see this freak show play out. Over the years I’ve heard of terrible terrible fates befall Indian soldiers at the hands of the enemy, any woman that would think it a good idea to put herself in that position deserves the consequences imo

They are just flying with enthusiasm
It doesn't matter our forces know how to use or treat them

Kumaoni

Women are women. Physically weaker than men irrelevant of race

susilk

Country flag
This is my main concern for this.

How will the country react when graphic videos of FEMALE POWs come out? How will the GOV. react?
Nothing , Indians will have to accept the reality and have bold hearts. She joined and did her duty that's all. Nothing more nothing less.

What government will do depends on the situation.

ManhattanProject

Country flag
This year calander was disappointing
Last was better
It felt like nsg went back by 4-5 years
Its not about if this is being done for show or not! Its the principle, you are supposed to be the best of the best and some woman walks in does less than half of what you did to earn that badge and still makes it? How would that make you feel? This is nation security, this is special forces meant to achieve success in missions that are impossible! You cannot affort wokism here.

Kumaoni

Its not about if this is being done for show or not! Its the principle, you are supposed to be the best of the best and some woman walks in does less than half of what you did to earn that badge and still makes it? How would that make you feel? This is nation security, this is special forces meant to achieve success in missions that are impossible! You cannot affort wokism here.
In India special forces do the jobs of police walas

abingdonboy

Country flag
Indian SF stopped being special a long time ago

when was the last thing we saw anything on this thread that was ‘special’, that a light infantry unit in the West couldn’t pull off with far more ease and success?

the closest I’ve seen is MARCOs doing para jumps into the open ocean with boats, that’s legit SF stuff. But there’s almost nothing else to be seen.

Most Indian ‘SF’ units have DMRs and call themselves snipers, drive around in civilian pickups/trucks and are little more than a QRT/SWAT for their respective branches.

May as well let women in and finish off the job of taking away any respectability they might have once had. Despite there now being decades of cross training/exercises and thousands of Western personnel having rubbed shoulders with their Indian counterparts I’ve not heard a single account praising any Indian unit. Iraqis, afghans,Japanese, Filipinos, Jordanians etc at one time or another but never an Indian unit.

If the Indian cricket team was never mentioned by Australians/English players one might start to suspect the Indian team weren’t very good

Last edited:

abingdonboy

Country flag
+ there’s no good being ‘special’ on paper. When was the last time Indian special forces were employed as a strategic asset? One could argue 2016/15 surgical strikes but that’s stretching the term strategic quote a bit, these were tactical actions on the whole just coordinated at a higher level than most.

did india send any SF to recover any of the 100s of citizens that have been captured in the Middle East/Africa over the years (like many nations have)? Has india sent SF teams to conduct FID for friendly nations where India has an interest? I remember it being proposed that a MARCOs team would be paradropped from a C17 when that IN officer was stuck in the southern ocean, did that ever get taken seriously or was it decided that was beyond their capability?

before the typical ‘it’s a secret crowd’ get in, these things would not be invisible, they’d be known eventually.

if the special units are only ever employed tactically then they aren’t special

Kumaoni

+ there’s no good being ‘special’ on paper. When was the last time Indian special forces were employed as a strategic asset? One could argue 2016/15 surgical strikes but that’s stretching the term strategic quote a bit, these were tactical actions on the whole just coordinated at a higher level than most.

did india send any SF to recover any of the 100s of citizens that have been captured in the Middle East/Africa over the years (like many nations have)? Has india sent SF teams to conduct FID for friendly nations where India has an interest? I remember it being proposed that a MARCOs team would be paradropped from a C17 when that IN officer was stuck in the southern ocean, did that ever get taken seriously or was it decided that was beyond their capability?

before the typical ‘it’s a secret crowd’ get in, these things would not be invisible, they’d be known eventually.

if the special units are only ever employed tactically then they aren’t special
They have prevented coups and rescued UN forces in Africa

abingdonboy

Country flag
They have prevented coups and rescued UN forces in Africa
Haha UN missions

and how long are fanboys going to ride on that 1 op in SL (where almost all logistical supprot was provided by foreign elements) against militiamen who barely even fought back?

I will say Op cactus was a decent assault and highlighted how SF and airborne are basically interchange in MOD/IA HQ doctrine. Blue skies podcast has a good series on that Op

Kumaoni

Haha UN missions

and how long are fanboys going to ride on that 1 op in SL (where almost all logistical supprot was provided by foreign elements) against militiamen who barely even fought back?

I will say Op cactus was a decent assault and highlighted how SF and airborne are basically interchange in MOD/IA HQ doctrine. Blue skies podcast has a good series on that Op
If that makes u happy to say sure. Indian army is the worst in the world. Happy?

cyclops

Country flag
Exactly, that's what we did with our women officers till very recently . Keep them away from the front but close enough for PR and satisfying feminists. Now the women officers who are going for PC are getting their arse kicked by ARTRAC to meet basic physical requirements
But SF requirement hasn't changed, there's no indication yet
I still don't like it, its a slippery slope.
The more one appeases, the more ground they'll ask for in the future.
I'm sure this argument will eventually be regurgitated, "IA induction of women should match the population ratio of women, its sexism if there isn't".

They can afford to, who do they actually fear an invasion from?
Freakin reindeers or whales or something.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

Articles