Indian Special Forces

Sourajit Dutta

Country flag

Jedi Operator

Country flag
Not MARCOs and not VBSS. Just a sailor from a ship’s Force protection team
Exactly...seems like that. Their are armed sailors we've got. VBSS and MARCOS arnt the only ones carrying guns in the navy. But ya the number's still few obviously.

Aspirant847

Country flag
got a question guys, recently saw the eddie penney podcast with shawn ryan and he talks about having 50+ kills or something like that in it

my question is how much combat do our sf guys see compared to operators like him

Meal Team 6

Country flag
got a question guys, recently saw the eddie penney podcast with shawn ryan and he talks about having 50+ kills or something like that in it

my question is how much combat do our sf guys see compared to operators like him
I dont have any specific numbers, but old school guys saw too much combat, from lanka to kargil to early days of insurgency, there were thousands of militants in kashmir in old days, I remember watching an interview where 9 para sf guy said that there were terrorist in almost every house and those fuckers were hardcore, now days there is not much combat in kasmir and terrorist range from hip firing teens to sub par paki trained fuckers.

P.S it is said that Lance Naik Mohan Goswami killed 10 militants in 11 days before he was KIA in 2016.

Inderjeet Singh

Country flag

One Name Naik Degendra ( Cobra) kumar ( 2nd Raj Rif and Para Sf ) MVC kargil war ( kills 48) Lanka ( saved 36 soldiers and killed 39 militant) Kashmir (?)

ALBY

Section Moderator
Mod
Country flag
One Name Naik Degendra ( Cobra) kumar ( 2nd Raj Rif and Para Sf ) MVC kargil war ( kills 48) Lanka ( saved 36 soldiers and killed 39 militant) Kashmir (?)
Seems to be mostly exaggerated. I remember reading stories like a US satellite capturing the scene of this guy chopping a head of a pak soldier atop tololing or so . If i am not mistaken then 2 Raj was entrusted with capture of Tololing and how many total enemies would have the unit killed in total if the individual score of this guy is 48.

CauseALostCause

Seems to be mostly exaggerated. I remember reading stories like a US satellite capturing the scene of this guy chopping a head of a pak soldier atop tololing or so . If i am not mistaken then 2 Raj was entrusted with capture of Tololing and how many total enemies would have the unit killed in total if the individual score of this guy is 48.
125 in Battle of Tololing according to Wikipedia

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
I too find these kind of stories including many other very hard to believe from both sides of the border.

But such legend building is very important for motivating future generations specially in a Army like ours which has no connection with the older Armies of India but is just a newer version of the British Indian Army.

abingdonboy

Country flag

1) SF parading around in front of media at close range
2) SF tasked with creating a perimeter and mop up duties

Such a misuse of ‘SF’ but more evidence (if any were needed) that few have any idea how to employ SFs within the uniformed services

also noticed that only 1 of them had a sidearm (on top of all of the other equipment issues discussed)

Kumaoni

Such a misuse of ‘SF’ but more evidence (if any were needed) that few have any idea how to employ SFs within the uniformed services

also noticed that only 1 of them had a sidearm (on top of all of the other equipment issues discussed)
Militia force at best.

Jedi Operator

Country flag

I mean Rob O' Neil also said that at one point when he was a green team instructor, he told guys to stop carrying pistols because even if the primary goes down, Rob says that DEVGRU developed quick and quit CQB methods. And that by the time they clear the room, your buddy would've already shot a mf, on Shawn Rayan's podcast. But ya no excuses for us 😂. I don't fully understand the logic of not having a sidearm on deployment.

kaboom

Country flag
Can anyone shed some light upon the standard medical gear used by our SF if their exists any .

Scramjet

Country flag
I mean Rob O' Neil also said that at one point when he was a green team instructor, he told guys to stop carrying pistols because even if the primary goes down, Rob says that DEVGRU developed quick and quit CQB methods. And that by the time they clear the room, your buddy would've already shot a mf, on Shawn Rayan's podcast. But ya no excuses for us 😂. I don't fully understand the logic of not having a sidearm on deployment.
Whenever you see this particular vest setup with SF/RR, they usually carry their sidearm in one of the pouches, external holsters with these particular vest + plate carrier setup are literally a pain in the ass.

Dom the Dumb

Country flag

I mean, it's been so widely discussed in this thread. ParaSF = super infantry. That's it.

Also even fuckin regular infantry has sidearms as standard issue lmao. ParaSF real funny

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles