Indian Special Forces

Dharmic_Crusader

Country flag
the last few pages was an absolute clown-show... We get it aright, Indian SF dont have the gear they need... but to fight over how a dude is holding a knife to take a selfie?... my nibbas really?!?....no disrespect... but ya'll are trippin...

giphy.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
To be completely fair he didn't even point fingers at you,
It's kinda you who saw who got defensive after seeing that meme
You should have reported it instead

View attachment 125815

Sometimes it feels like This thread exists for the sole reason of blackpilling, like being critical for the sake of being critical
Like @Shanunoy pointed out "Y'all just Trippin"

Look we get it
View attachment 125816
And I'd like to bring your attention to the first post of @hit&run on this thread

What does this make up?
50% ? I'd say less

LOL, Siri? What happened to this Rule?

Well Fuckoll

Fuckall Fuckall fuckall fuckall

Well, guess what Fuckall
Well, the rules are set for people to read and have a guide how to conduct the debate. Moderators can not baby sit members to make sure each one is followed. However they come handy when serial offenders after getting banned cry injustice.

SGOperative

Country flag
Is there video or 1 Para doing CQB or doing urban warfare tactics which is their specialization?

shouryav105

Country flag
First picture of PARA SF you posted is not Para SF, they’re from SG in COIN operations.View attachment 125775
The ACOG on the Tavor and the Viper helmet make it clear it’s them.
Why an sg operative is there assuming only one of them is, looking at patka do sg work with infantry, or is it just poor para sf commando with patka and sorry guys but that is not a good gear for sg, different camo probably because of self-purchase, does that mean sg is in deep shit as para sf, and why is sg - a unit compared to S.A.D and called tier 1 is in coin-op? wtf is going on?
Is there something I am missing?

Aditya Ballal

Country flag
Why an sg operative is there assuming only one of them is, looking at patka do sg work with infantry, or is it just poor para sf commando with patka and sorry guys but that is not a good gear for sg, different camo probably because of self-purchase, does that mean sg is in deep shit as para sf, and why is sg - a unit compared to S.A.D and called tier 1 is in coin-op? wtf is going on?
When there are High Value Targets(HVT) they want or specific intel gathering missions they usually turn up. Some of the operatives might prefer patkas hence one of them is wearing it or even SG occasionally faces gear shortages.
Honestly did you expect them to have significantly better god level gear compared to Para sf?😂
Also it is acknowledged that we do not not have a Tier 1 SF in india it’s only fanboys who believe that.
1639676183566.jpeg

Occasionally few operatives embed themselves with RR in operations like I mentioned above.

Last edited:

SGOperative

Country flag
They are deployed on COIN ops and as for the gears they "Can" ask for anything.

shouryav105

Country flag
They are deployed on COIN ops and as for the gears they "Can" ask for anything.
ok so they can ask for anything so they choose shit gear and different camo, saying the special group is best-equipped and can access any black market weapon sounds like bs and some fanboy fiction, I think @Aditya Ballal is right, I don't think sg is different than para sf, the only major difference is that sg is under r&aw, there is some part of me that imagines the special group like U.S sof for some reason, maybe the one unit who is very secretive AND is part of intel org and have old relations with S.A.S is if not us sof like equipped but US rangers like equipped and here is our operator moving with patkas and tavors ,noice.

shouryav105

Country flag
When there are High Value Targets(HVT) they want or specific intel gathering missions they usually turn up. Some of the operatives might prefer patkas hence one of them is wearing it or even SG occasionally faces gear shortages.
Honestly did you expect them to have significantly better god level gear compared to Para sf?😂
Also it is acknowledged that we do not not have a Tier 1 SF in india it’s only fanboys who believe that.
View attachment 125978
Occasionally few operatives embed themselves with RR in operations like I mentioned above.
I would be lying if I say some part of me didn't think about sg actually having if not god-tier then least good gear. if according to @SGOperative sg have access to all the gear then why to choose patka, it just doesn't make sense, I know we don't have a tier 1 unit, that's why I used "called" I should have been more clear, I know we don't use tier system but even if we had, I don't think we have a unit that we can call proper tier 2, no offense and sorry if I am wrong.

SGOperative

Country flag
ok so they can ask for anything so they choose shit gear and different camo, saying the special group is best-equipped and can access any black market weapon sounds like bs and some fanboy fiction, I think @Aditya Ballal is right, I don't think sg is different than para sf, the only major difference is that sg is under r&aw, there is some part of me that imagines the special group like U.S sof for some reason, maybe the one unit who is very secretive AND is part of intel org and have old relations with S.A.S is if not us sof like equipped but US rangers like equipped and here is our operator moving with patkas and tavors ,noice.
Their tasking is different and the gear they want will be expedited and much faster unlike other SF who would have to go through MOD. Black Market thing i am not sure thats what others say and you guys really underestimate the Patka. SG and SPG are the only ones who probably would get their gear quickest.

shouryav105

Country flag
Their tasking is different and the gear they want will be expedited and much faster unlike other SF who would have to go through MOD. Black Market thing i am not sure thats what others say and you guys really underestimate the Patka. SG and SPG are the only ones who probably would get their gear quickest.
Then why are they not wearing decent gear, dude patka is heavier than others and provide no support from the top and is not as comfortable, there is nothing to underestimate, if it is good then why we are the only ones using it, patka is simply bad for so-called best sf unit of India, SPG getting good gear makes a lot of sense but if the pic is really of sg and no other unit in whole Kashmir has ACOG and viper helmet then my heart is broken, so I will just hope that it's just a para operator who got his hands on one of the few ACOG and viper his unit have and sg actually has some decent gear.

SGOperative

Country flag
Then why are they not wearing decent gear, dude patka is heavier than others and provide no support from the top and is not as comfortable, there is nothing to underestimate, if it is good then why we are the only ones using it, patka is simply bad for so-called best sf unit of India, SPG getting good gear makes a lot of sense but if the pic is really of sg and no other unit in whole Kashmir has ACOG and viper helmet then my heart is broken, so I will just hope that it's just a para operator who got his hands on one of the few ACOG and viper units have and sg actually has some decent gear.
First- go through my posts no where i claimed that they "will" get the best gear out there, i have mentioned there that its said they can ask and have access to black market.
Second- Some operators prefer Patka even many Ghatak/QRT of Some RR have switched back to Patka ditching the ACH and 13 RR battalion with whom Garuds were deployed suggested them to use PATKA after loss in initial operations.
Third- ACOGS are seen IIRC with 7 Airborne but with Tavors only with SG and these guys are most probably SG.
Fourth- I said SPG and SG will be getting their gears fastest because less bureaucracy they have to deal with.

Kuldeepm952

Country flag
Then why are they not wearing decent gear, dude patka is heavier than others and provide no support from the top and is not as comfortable, there is nothing to underestimate, if it is good then why we are the only ones using it, patka is simply bad for so-called best sf unit of India, SPG getting good gear makes a lot of sense but if the pic is really of sg and no other unit in whole Kashmir has ACOG and viper helmet then my heart is broken, so I will just hope that it's just a para operator who got his hands on one of the few ACOG and viper units have and sg actually has some decent gear.
Bro, it's quite simple- no standardization, no different special forces command like socom leading to sf being provided just a tad bit better weapon than regular infantry forget about most of the accessories, unit level purchases leading to zoo of equipments, lack of discipline enforcement.
Well no one can justify these zoo of different camo, heck even senior commanders can be seen doing such shit. There you have it such stupid thing at higher level, natural that at lower structure things would be even worse. Then again I very much prefer US Army like culture instead of officer culture at higher levels (very much akin to sahib culture)in Indian Army.

I don't get it but some people seriously like to defend these wrong practices by Indian Army, you will be very surprised that army guys can't even make a appropriate QRs for their RFIs, just see a plethora of unrealistic requirement present in various RFIs ultimately leading to scrapping, like did you not see most of the sniper manufacturers don't manufacture ammo and scopes (patka issue can be debated by the percentage of protection it provides compared to some helmets which can protect against ak rounds, local made helmets, Major Anoop helmet for example, well you have to buy them first though).

For anyone defending, please compare with other good forces and their practices which worked. Just saying that we need to do such and such blah blah for our environment and needs doesn't proves anything. Sentences/arguments have to backed by logical and comparable present scenarios/situations.

Indian SF are poorly equipped, doesn't follows western sf training methodology (atleast not even tailored to our needs)., doesn't have some kind of dedicated transport for some units. Guess what, Russian SOF and even chinese SOF have started following them. We are clearly behind the competition. And then calling Chinese SOF which are modernising equipment as well as training as inferior and useless looks like nothing but copium and utter nonsense/illogical to me. Maybe calling other guys down to think that we are better than him rather than seeing the facts.

Keep underestimating your enemy and you are sure to lose. We need to modernise fast both in respect to equipment and training exposure.

Surely we have enough money for atleast SOF, otherwise stop calling them SpeCIAl FoRcEs and just name them some super infantry guys. We just shout commando and suddenly become SOF.

Last edited:

SGOperative

Country flag
Bro, it's quite simple- no standardization, no different special forces command like socom leading to sf being provided just a tad bit better weapon than regular infantry forget about most of the accessories, unit level purchases leading to zoo of equipments, lack of discipline enforcement.
Well no one can justify these zoo of different camo, heck even senior commanders can be seen doing such shit. There you have it such stupid thing at higher level, natural that at lower structure things would be even worse. Then again I very much prefer US Army like culture instead of officer culture at higher levels (very much akin to sahib culture)in Indian Army.

I don't get it but some people seriously like to defend these wrong practices by Indian Army, you will be very surprised that army guys can't even make a appropriate QRs for their RFIs, just see a plethora of unrealistic requirement present in various RFIs ultimately leading to scrapping, like did you not see most of the sniper manufacturers don't manufacture ammo and scopes (patka issue can be debated by the percentage of protection it provides compared to some helmets which can protect against ak rounds, local made helmets, Major Anoop helmet for example, well you have to buy them first though).

For anyone defending, please compare with other good forces and their practices which worked. Just saying that we need to do such and such blah blah for our environment and needs doesn't proves anything. Sentences/arguments have to backed by logical and comparable present scenarios/situations.

Indian SF are poorly equipped, doesn't follows western sf training methodology, doesn't have dedicated transport (atleast not even tailored to our needs). Guess what, Russian SOF and even chinese SOF have started following them. We are clearly behind the competition. And then calling Chinese SOF which are modernising equipment as well as training as inferior and useless looks like nothing but copium and utter nonsense/illogical to me.

Keep underestimating your enemy and you are sure to lose.
Love the Enemy Hate the Friend.
Anyway SG will not be coming under the Command of AFSOD most probably, for standardization you would have to asses the type of response Army has to do where a QRT focused response multiple times in a day can occur you dont care about standardization at that point but for the time you react to. And accepting that something will not work in our environment or for our needs is not deflecting criticism.

RFI to my info are written by MOD babus and even if not has nothing to do with SF thread.

Equipment is a widely accepted criticism and is a legit one. Make criticism but make genuine one's many folks here complain just for the sake of complaining and sometimes even feel like they are taking out their frustration here and in some cases even disrespecting the guy in the uniform.

Kuldeepm952

Country flag
Love the Enemy Hate the Friend.
Anyway SG will not be coming under the Command of AFSOD most probably, for standardization you would have to asses the type of response Army has to do where a QRT focused response multiple times in a day can occur you dont care about standardization at that point but for the time you react to. And accepting that something will not work in our environment or for our needs is not deflecting criticism.

RFI to my info are written by MOD babus and even if not has nothing to do with SF thread.

Equipment is a widely accepted criticism and is a legit one. Make criticism but make genuine one's many folks here complain just for the sake of complaining and sometimes even feel like they are taking out their frustration here and in some cases even disrespecting the guy in the uniform.
My comment is about the whole Indian SOF units. Kashmir like situations(some commonality atleast) have been present at some point of time or ongoing in various parts of the world examples are Israel(Palestine issue), Russia(Chechen issue) and others. In all these areas, Security forces including QRT and SOF guys have always been seen with proper combat dress code even in emergency sudden dispatch situations. They always seem to be well organised and hence your argument about the reason behind diff camo doesnt really holds and strong ground.
Saying that tactics which have been combat tested and would not be useful in our case. I can expect perhaps not 20% but atleast 80% would be useful, maybe suit it to your need. Outright rejecting seems boastful and ignorant by simple logic sense.

Well RFIs QRs are indeed made by the Officer of the branch of army which the weapon belong to, you can see contact them info at the end of each RFI. Here is a joke, recently IA officer under AD corps asked for laser guided manpads under make in India having dimensions and weight not even being achieved by the smallest and lightest manpads on earth.
We all know ATAGS saga, Army arty guys were involved from beginning design phase and suddenly same arty guys raise question of weight issues. Like Nigga where the hell was your brain Yo. Drdo could only make surprise Pikachu face at this point.
Seeing such shit has changed my view of IA. Such simple retarded crap goes unpunished and happens again and again. At this point it appears that these guys don't really seem to age along well with time and adopt new practices.

You are welcome to discredit my any statement with proper inferences.

shouryav105

Country flag
First- go through my posts no where i claimed that they "will" get the best gear out there, i have mentioned there that its said they can ask and have access to black market.
Second- Some operators prefer Patka even many Ghatak/QRT of Some RR have switched back to Patka ditching the ACH and 13 RR battalion with whom Garuds were deployed suggested them to use PATKA after loss in initial operations.
Third- ACOGS are seen IIRC with 7 Airborne but with Tavors only with SG and these guys are most probably SG.
Fourth- I said SPG and SG will be getting their gears fastest because less bureaucracy they have to deal with.
In your previous post you said and I quote" as for the gears they "Can" ask for anything" and I believe that "anything" includes the best gear, and now you go through my post because I said patka is not good for "so-called best sf unit of India ", I am talking about sf, garuds should be issued fast helmets and not have to choose and suggest between ach and patka and my point was not about how good or bad is patka but if it should be with sf and answer is no and you cant change my mind, I know they are probably sg all I said was I hope that it's not for peace of my heart, and again go through what I said, I said SPG get good gear and it makes sense but if sg was getting good gear then we wouldn't have been having this argument and please refer to @Kuldeepm952 answer. Ach provides overall more protection and is more comfortable while patka provides more protection from only front, it should be left to infantrymen to decide which one to choose, we are talking about sf and for sf none of them is good enough and thats my point.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles