Indian Special Forces

Covfefe

Country flag
What's they playin' at🤔
Mostly some hackathon where they'll give a generic problem statement. Participants, as per their experience in their fields, will try and provide solutions thru presentations. From the trend going on, looks like some new technology based solution they're looking at- AI, Drones etc

rkhanna

Country flag
If its IDU that's the source don't even take it with a pinch of salt
The M60 has been a real problematic weapon system. I can't imagine why we chose a legacy weapon when the US Mil ka transitioning to the 240. That being said a Modular PKM would have been better than both.

Lastly - a philosophical question - does a GPMG belong in the orbat of a SOF unit other than for vehicle. / aC mounts and for very special needs ? How many SOF patrol with with a Gimpy anymore ?

ManhattanProject

Country flag
The M60 has been a real problematic weapon system. I can't imagine why we chose a legacy weapon when the US Mil ka transitioning to the 240. That being said a Modular PKM would have been better than both.

Lastly - a philosophical question - does a GPMG belong in the orbat of a SOF unit other than for vehicle. / aC mounts and for very special needs ? How many SOF patrol with with a Gimpy anymore ?
Negev 7 would have been a far better option, it has less recoil and is lighter. We have already bought a shit load of them, could have ordered 716 more.

ALBY

Section Moderator
Mod
Country flag
Negev 7 would have been a far better option, it has less recoil and is lighter. We have already bought a shit load of them, could have ordered 716 more.
Who buys a machinegun for 50-60 lac per piece?

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles