Indian Special Forces

Love Charger

चक्रवर्ती
Country flag
Amid all these purchases , I wonder about the logistical Nightmare army will have with three types of ammo.
It was best in the 80s , 7 62 51 mm round was standard issue for the service rifle and Bren lmg and FN mag Mmg , all three with same cartridge only , sterling carbine with 9 mm round.
Now it's a zoo of ammo , some units use Bren and Kalashnikov's , 7 62 ×39 and 7 62 × 51 .
Some use negev and Sig 716. , 5.56 and 7 62 × 51
Some units also have dragunov,7.62 ×54 mm round and so on and so forth.

Some also

Op Kahuta

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
An old pic but my question is that why doesn’t army buy helmets with NVG mounts?
Why this stupidity?
View attachment 118767
How old is this? Regardless we all know our foot soldiers are getting modernised steadily but slowly. In all the special forces pics that I have seen for more than a year, every operator wore a NVG mounted helmet. We even have them equipped with HCBH for later induction of sound amplifying headsets(which I really want to see happen fast). The primary reason operators wear helmet is to protect them from 7.62s and grenade fragments flying at them and I'd rather have them equipped with any good ballistic helmet than wait and buy more HCBH or NVG mounted helmets.

Marliii

Better to die on your feet than live on your knees
Country flag
Amid all these purchases , I wonder about the logistical Nightmare army will have with three types of ammo.
It was best in the 80s , 7 62 51 mm round was standard issue for the service rifle and Bren lmg and FN mag Mmg , all three with same cartridge only , sterling carbine with 9 mm round.
Now it's a zoo of ammo , some units use Bren and Kalashnikov's , 7 62 ×39 and 7 62 × 51 .
Some use negev and Sig 716. , 5.56 and 7 62 × 51
Some units also have dragunov,7.62 ×54 mm round and so on and so forth.

Some also
We are using all these rounds even now.5.56 for insas,7.62x39 for aks,7.62x51 for bren

Love Charger

चक्रवर्ती
Country flag
Oh gawd ,
This procurement policy is very akward , bohot zyada soch vichar kiya hai army ne .
Pichle 20 saalon me

ManhattanProject

Country flag
An old pic but my question is that why doesn’t army buy helmets with NVG mounts?
Why this stupidity?
View attachment 118767
Our Army might be brave but they are very short sighted. They dont understand the concept of spending money wisely, so as to save money in the future. The modernization they have implemented is already outdated, they didnt even order the helmets with any kind of mounting apparatus. I dont know who sets these GSQRs but i can tell you they should be fired.

Aditya Ballal

Country flag
Na it doesn't , unka website dekha hai maine thye don't.
It does, section existed in the old websites of Ordnance Factory Varangaon(OFV) and Ammunition Factory Khadki. Munitions India Ltd.’s website isn’t fully complete yet so you won’t find all the details,
I’ve attached one of my old posts where I’ve linked it.(Link died when OFB died).
Edit: Also this,
1636635635084.png

It is called PKT ammo only because the one product made by OFB that uses it is the PKT.

Last edited:

Global Defence

Articles