Indian Special Forces

Aditya Ballal

Country flag
Rather than purchasing SCAR H and SCAR L for Para SF/AFSOD(I’m not sure if that deal ever went through) since the army is happy with the SIG 716i platform, wouldn’t it be more pertinent for them to use SIG 716i as their DMR/7.62x51 rifle and for their 5.56 needs wouldn’t the SIG MCX be perfect for them?
For an SF force ~$2000 is not prohibitively expensive as it would be for arming the entire regular infantry(SCAR-S costs $3400 and HK 416 costs $3000) whereas SIG MCX is much more affordable,modern and training would also be easier as controls are similar to the AR 15 platform the sf has used extensively. Different sized barrels make common platform for full sized and SBR needs.
It would be a great chance for even NSG to jump at this opportunity as well as it’s also quite similar to their SIG MPX and easy conversion to 300 BLK rounds could be something NSG could experiment with. The reason I’m including them together is Home Ministry and Defence ministry have claimed they’re willing to work together for joint weapons procurement.
Purely HYPOTHETICAL situation.

Automatic Kalashnikov

Country flag
Rather than purchasing SCAR H and SCAR L for Para SF/AFSOD(I’m not sure if that deal ever went through) since the army is happy with the SIG 716i platform, wouldn’t it be more pertinent for them to use SIG 716i as their DMR/7.62x51 rifle and for their 5.56 needs wouldn’t the SIG MCX be perfect for them?
For an SF force ~$2000 is not prohibitively expensive as it would be for arming the entire regular infantry(SCAR-S costs $3400 and HK 416 costs $3000) whereas SIG MCX is much more affordable,modern and training would also be easier as controls are similar to the AR 15 platform the sf has used extensively. Different sized barrels make common platform for full sized and SBR needs.
It would be a great chance for even NSG to jump at this opportunity as well as it’s also quite similar to their SIG MPX and easy conversion to 300 BLK rounds could be something NSG could experiment with. The reason I’m including them together is Home Ministry and Defence ministry have claimed they’re willing to work together for joint weapons procurement.
Purely HYPOTHETICAL situation.
The PARAs seem to be going with the 716 now whether that is a stop gap measure till they get the SCAR-H or they have decided to go with it as standard is debatable.

NSG can go for the MCX once they decide to replace their SIG 550 series rifles, and they have recently adopted the MPX and 716 DMR from SIG so they may try out the MCX.

Aditya Ballal

Country flag
The PARAs seem to be going with the 716 now whether that is a stop gap measure till they get the SCAR-H or they have decided to go with it as standard is debatable.

NSG can go for the MCX once they decide to replace their SIG 550 series rifles, and they have recently adopted the MPX and 716 DMR from SIG so they may try out the MCX.
Fingers crossed🤞🏻

Fire and groove

Country flag
Not exactly what Maj Avinash asked, but I feel we're very much behind in modern carrier borne mortar systems with integrated FCS. I believe the Chinese have several pieces like this.
View attachment 92523
View attachment 92524
The Israelli company Soltam made this for Thailand using a TATA LPTA.
They're pretty much pointless, that much money and resources for a mortar system isn't a good use of funds.

Fire and groove

Country flag
You have a very valid point. These people writing the GS QRs are out of their minds. God bless this country to have placed such incompetent guys at such sensitive places.
Sir do you practice short stocking with your rifle to decrease length? Also, should we refocus our efforts more on training and human capital development or procuring weapons.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles