Indian Special Forces

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
I said that I saw pic of joint operation conducted by Garuds and crpf in 2018
Garuds are not used in ops but to protect their helis during providing support.( logistics)

That too has been a topic of debate with regards to their decision in one op.

I wonder why we have to show something which never exists specially with these Insta page handles.

Twinblade

Country flag
Is Sig MCX avalible from Sig Switzerland, or only from Sig USA?
SiG MCX is a product of SiG Sauer, which is an American firm. The Swiss SiG is San Swiss Arms which makes the famous 550 series very popular with NSG and SWAT teams all over India. They both use the brandname SiG. The american firm started as a subsidiary of the swiss firm and is now bigger than the original.

Aditya Ballal

Country flag
SiG MCX is a product of SiG Sauer, which is an American firm. The Swiss SiG is San Swiss Arms which makes the famous 550 series very popular with NSG and SWAT teams all over India. They both use the brandname SiG. The american firm started as a subsidiary of the swiss firm and is now bigger than the original.
They're all owned by one parent company called L&O Holdings. Sig Sauer Inc(USA) is the biggest among the 3, I believe they possess the IP for the MCX and are now operationally separate from their European counterparts, so aren't bound by stupid German laws barring sales to India and few other countries. They also sell the other sister companies products in their respective regions.
The original Sig factory in Germany is now shut down as there was a lot of interference by the German Govt regarding international sales and lots of opposition by local leftist parties.

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
They're all owned by one parent company called L&O Holdings. Sig Sauer Inc(USA) is the biggest among the 3, I believe they possess the IP for the MCX and are now operationally separate from their European counterparts, so aren't bound by stupid German laws barring sales to India and few other countries. They also sell the other sister companies products in their respective regions.
The original Sig factory in Germany is now shut down as there was a lot of interference by the German Govt regarding international sales and lots of opposition by local leftist parties.
SiG MCX will be given us for cheap no doubt for the 93,895 carbine deal, subsequent orders of it will be at MSRP. SiG knew it and that’s why gave 72,000 SiG-716i for $990 per rifle because it knew that if given this cheap will make them win contract and secure the rest of the orders as well without any tender participation at MSRP. That’s why we got the 2nd batch ordered at the MSRP of SiG-716i so it’s not that SiG gave it for cheap, they just played their cards well. Hence they’ll give us MCX for as low as 60% of the MSRP because they know IA will be bound to procure the same carbine again for rest of the 3 lakh carbines.

Aditya Ballal

Country flag
SiG MCX will be given us for cheap no doubt for the 93,895 carbine deal, subsequent orders of it will be at MSRP. SiG knew it and that’s why gave 72,000 SiG-716i for $990 per rifle because it knew that if given this cheap will make them win contract and secure the rest of the orders as well without any tender participation at MSRP. That’s why we got the 2nd batch ordered at the MSRP of SiG-716i so it’s not that SiG gave it for cheap, they just played their cards well. Hence they’ll give us MCX for as low as 60% of the MSRP because they know IA will be bound to procure the same carbine again for rest of the 3 lakh carbines.
I don't think MSRP would be the civilian rate though, there will certainly be a discount due to the order size, but definitely not $990 level of discount.

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
I don't think MSRP would be the civilian rate though, there will certainly be a discount due to the order size, but definitely not $990 level of discount.
Maybe, for the first slae they’ll definitely give mouth watering prices as low as 60% of original cost because they know the rest of the orders they have also secured and ther won’t be a competition for the rest of rifles‘ requirements Hence to secure the whole deal they’re gonna quote unbelievable price for the first 93,895 carbines.

Aditya Ballal

Country flag
It was definitely a big gamble though for them, knowing our MoD and armed forces, they'd happily buy a completely new type of rifle for the next deal😂

shuvo@y2k10

Country flag
I think the first contract of 72k rifles had a clause for a repeat order at the same value. GOI excercised that clause for the second batch of 72k.
Subsequent batches (if ordered) will have higher prices.

Many major arms import deals have such clauses. Precisely because not to allow the foreign vendor to jack up the prices after the initial order.

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
It was definitely a big gamble though for them, knowing our MoD and armed forces, they'd happily buy a completely new type of rifle for the next deal😂
No SiG got another 72,000 order and obviously get the deal for the rest of the 1,40,000 SiG-716i. Same for Carbine, they’ll secure 93,895 carbines and the rest of the 3 lakh carbines.

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
I think the first contract of 72k rifles had a clause for a repeat order at the same value. GOI excercised that clause for the second batch of 72k.
Subsequent batches (if ordered) will have higher prices.

Many major arms import deals have such clauses.
I know that, SiG also knows that so they know that they will secure the deal. Rest of the 1.4 lakh Battle rifles will be also SiG-716i.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles