Indian Special Forces

Killbot

Country flag
Don't we win many international competitions or something? and yeah we're a relatively young nation
Competitions involving what?? Navigating a desert? Yeah, sure, we did. The skills involved become almost useless with proper technology and support (logistics, ISR, secure comms, CAS, individual equipment, etc.).

12arya

Country flag
That marine dude did a reaction video on HAWS training... and he is saying he s never been/seen :shock: on such a terrain!

rkhanna

Country flag
he is a average Marine what do you expect?
He is also reacting to an indian video to please an indian audience.
HAWS and Parvat Ghatak schools are the most unique in the world no doubt. It's an extreme. Like the artic warfare Schools in US/Canada.

However do keep in mind that US mountain troops, rangers, SFGs are regular students there. Often winning top marks.

The Americans go to all lenght to train their troops for terrain / capabilities they have never used or acquired before.

rkhanna

Country flag
Comparing CRPF QAT with these pigs? Lmao.
QAT has best electro optical devices and even PNVDs, Special Surrender Group has Monocular NVDs and that too less in number.
As I have said before. Look down at the SSG at your own peril. No Indian SF member ever takes them lightly. Yes this is no longer the SSG of the 80/90s. Their capabilities have degraded over the years with the religiousfication of the PA and their proximity to the ISI and terror infra.

But then again I believe that our own SF capabilities have degraded from 90s and early 2000s. Reasons are different - Mindless expansion, over use in COIN.

We need to be the best not in relation to the Pakis. We are a large enough country and economy and modern military history to demand to be the very best in the world. Just look at the Israelis.

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
As I have said before. Look down at the SSG at your own peril. No Indian SF member ever takes them lightly. Yes this is no longer the SSG of the 80/90s. Their capabilities have degraded over the years with the religiousfication of the PA and their proximity to the ISI and terror infra.

But then again I believe that our own SF capabilities have degraded from 90s and early 2000s. Reasons are different - Mindless expansion, over use in COIN.

We need to be the best not in relation to the Pakis. We are a large enough country and economy and modern military history to demand to be the very best in the world. Just look at the Israelis.
Our SF can never be called an SF. They are not doing anything special, just doing the job of RR.

Pig benis on sushy

Country flag
Aren't we the same country who uses its primary Naval SF to be used in the recent "humanitarian" efforts in Uttarakhand???
What's bad in that looks like you have seen too much Hollywood Sf do regular counter terrorist op and special operations it can be a disaster to keep trained men who are training for killing and special op and rescue just idle sitting and waiting for orders after all you are improving and gaining experience along with regular troops

Vishalreddy3

Country flag
What's bad in that looks like you have seen too much Hollywood Sf do regular counter terrorist op and special operations it can be a disaster to keep trained men who are training for killing and special op and rescue just idle sitting and waiting for orders after all you are improving and gaining experience along with regular troops
What's wrong is that when you have countless number of ITBP, CRPF personnel who are actually trained to do the "humanitarian" relief jobs and on top of that there are well trained NDRF, SDRF and state police forces helping them logistically, there is no nessesity of any SF units in the first place let alone a Naval SF unit. If any it could have been accepted if that SF unit was from IA!!

Pig benis on sushy

Country flag
What's wrong is that when you have countless number of ITBP, CRPF personnel who are actually trained to do the "humanitarian" relief jobs and on top of that there are well trained NDRF, SDRF and state police forces helping them logistically, there is no nessesity of any SF units in the first place let alone a Naval SF unit. If any it could have been accepted if that SF unit was from IA!!
There may be some req. which could be only filled by naval commando I don't know the req. but the weren't there meaningless

12arya

Country flag
he is a average Marine what do you expect?
He is also reacting to an indian video to please an indian audience.
I know how reaction videos work!

I posted it bcoz there was a discussion on the old thread abt his videos and mountain warfare; don't know if u saw that post. But apparently a British army officer who did a course with an Indian army officer, asked the Marine to react on Indian mountain warfare training and hence he did it.

Also, no need to diss everything Indian!

He is a marine; on what basis can u say he is an avg marine? That's really strange statement to make. Also, didn't posted it due to feeling gung-ho ovr the americans but was surprised to hear he didn't trained in such environs!

ManhattanProject

Country flag
I know how reaction videos work!

I posted it bcoz there was a discussion on the old thread abt his videos and mountain warfare; don't know if u saw that post. But apparently a British army officer who did a course with an Indian army officer, asked the Marine to react on Indian mountain warfare training and hence he did it.

Also, no need to diss everything Indian!

He is a marine; on what basis can u say he is an avg marine? That's really strange statement to make. Also, didn't posted it due to feeling gung-ho ovr the americans but was surprised to hear he didn't trained in such environs!
If he wasnt a average marine he would have said so, i am not saying the school is bad, i am saying the chances of an average marine seeing this kind of special training and being amazed is high.

Killbot

Country flag
Comparing CRPF QAT with these pigs? Lmao.
QAT has best electro optical devices and even PNVDs, Special Surrender Group has Monocular NVDs and that too less in number.
Who conducts unconventional warfare in Kashmir? SSG. These are the guys that give us the most trouble. They train terrorists in pak. Infiltrate into India. Recruit and train here.

Say what you will about NVGs, but from a strategic perspective, none of our forces, save for RAW's CITs, come anywhere close to their capabilities or countering them. Working in conjunction with ISI, they are the greatest threat to internal security here.

shuvo@y2k10

Country flag
Who conducts unconventional warfare in Kashmir? SSG. These are the guys that give us the most trouble. They train terrorists in pak. Infiltrate into India. Recruit and train here.

Say what you will about NVGs, but from a strategic perspective, none of our forces, save for RAW's CITs, come anywhere close to their capabilities or countering them. Working in conjunction with ISI, they are the greatest threat to internal security here.
RAW/SG is doing the same role in Balochisthan. SG draws its manower from Para SFs.
Now compare the daily ass whopping the Pakis get in Balochisthan, to the incidents in Kashmir which have become very scare in recent years.

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
RAW/SG is doing the same role in Balochisthan. SG draws its manower from Para SFs.
Now compare the daily ass whopping the Pakis get in Balochisthan, to the incidents in Kashmir which have become very scare in recent years.
We are not doing anything in Balochistan, we should do it.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

Articles