Indian Special Forces

AlphaRaiderZ

Country flag
Its about the upbringing.

So i equally blame the parents.

My home was pretty different..I was told to respect everyone and equally and most of the times i used to be hanging around in langars and MT and i had a fun time.

But nowdays i have seen the kids are made to believe they are a super class just like how it is in Pakistan Army and they look down on others.

And hence most of these kids dont go on to achieve anything great in life ie the jump in terms of lifestyle or even a decent job.

Those who manage to get through is by what i rather not say..

Gen GD Bakshi says proudly that my generation has broken the enemy into two and now its onto you..and no matter what everyone will say the standard has gone for i dont know what.

The lack of intelligence,smartness,planning is poor and visible from poster qualities till the rucksack.
Faced the same here , met kids who have their parents in the army , but then there are two types of these kids
One : Highly motivated and ready to follow his parent/grandparent's footsteps and serve the country .
2 :The Arrogant one who take pride in their family legacy , is a spoiked brat and claims he knows everything about the army
And a few combination of both , since their papa /mama send them to NCC/Sainik school and since it directly falls under MOD affairs hence they take pride in their affiliation

senapati3

Country flag
That is why i stopped engaging him , the people he is defending even they would be laughing.
I feel this elite predator guy is son of some very high ranking official i see adgpi using his posts or quoting him in Instagram posts.

This thing is very much there in armed forces , i had a friend who was a dumb in school but was good with paintings , his paintings would be hanged all over officers mess , the most funniest thing is the livery suryakirans use now was designed by him just because his dad was a Air vice Marshal he was able to do all this despite not having credentials.

My dad said his dad is very influential and got all this things lined up for his son.

And BC here i am , i didn't even get free passes for aero India , got a reply from my dad saying you are earning enough and not dependant , purchase it normally like civilians do.

And i am proud of him for that.

Aditya Ballal

Country flag

Dracula

Country flag
Not supporting anyone, but for fact I know the folks behind Mountain Rats and Elite Predators from the old Facebook days when Indian Defence Community was active and strong.

The person behind Mountain Rats is the son of Colonel Awadhesh Kumar (Retd) who wrote the book Nine the Special Forces. His actual name is Nishit Kumar and we talked over Facebook. My impression was that he is very well-connected, has a lot of contacts (across all SFs) and has provided me various pictures (including that of 4 Para) that never came into public domain until 3-4 years later. Overall is a very good person (according to my opinion) but his recent charades make me doubt that impression.

The person behind Elite Predators is a normal Indian blogger who spearheaded all the initial content around SFs, created the whole community around Indian Special Forces and even ran various pages. His contacts helped him get some rare pictures (mostly picked from FB/IG timelines of serving folks) but later he came in touch with Mountain Rats who provided him all the meat that he was craving for.

All in all, I don't think they are misleading the community in any way, and it was nothing but just an honest mistake. I know people were hyped up because of that, but just acknowledge that such reforms will be slow to come by, and move on. No need to fuss about what two folks say on social media (nothing is real here!).

(My two cents)

senapati3

Country flag
Not supporting anyone, but for fact I know the folks behind Mountain Rats and Elite Predators from the old Facebook days when Indian Defence Community was active and strong.

The person behind Mountain Rats is the son of Colonel Awadhesh Kumar (Retd) who wrote the book Nine the Special Forces. His actual name is Nishit Kumar and we talked over Facebook. My impression was that he is very well-connected, has a lot of contacts (across all SFs) and has provided me various pictures (including that of 4 Para) that never came into public domain until 3-4 years later. Overall is a very good person (according to my opinion) but his recent charades make me doubt that impression.

The person behind Elite Predators is a normal Indian blogger who spearheaded all the initial content around SFs, created the whole community around Indian Special Forces and even ran various pages. His contacts helped him get some rare pictures (mostly picked from FB/IG timelines of serving folks) but later he came in touch with Mountain Rats who provided him all the meat that he was craving for.

All in all, I don't think they are misleading the community in any way, and it was nothing but just an honest mistake. I know people were hyped up because of that, but just acknowledge that such reforms will be slow to come by, and move on. No need to fuss about what two folks say on social media (nothing is real here!).

(My two cents)
As wanaar pointed out lots of people depend on the info these guys provide , sometimes just to create sensationalism these guys speak complete non sense on spaces , how could son of a retired colonel would know about covert missions of indian SF's on foreign soil which are currently active ?

Leave that how about defending a picture clicked in 2006. And saying that it is from a exercise we did with Aussies in 17 and continue to defend that with absurd logic.

I may disagree with many people here that includes wanaar and adingdonboy on various topics , but i have never seen them peddling fairytales or conspiracy theories.

Waanar

Country flag

(My two cents)
Yes, true.
One of our members here literally posted a picture from the Godzilla movie, unwittingly lead by an SM post, citing it as MARCOS.

When called out, he admitted it and simply said he didn't realize it. It didn't earn him anything other than some playful jabs and jokes.

These fellas, on the other hand, immediately start badmouthing and verbally abusing others when called out and then commit the worst sin of all.

"Do you know who my dad/mumma/chacha is?"

Seriously.
Who cares.
If it's the same Awadesh Kumar as the one who was an alumni of St. Michaels in Patna, then I know exactly who you're speaking of. This fella is just cashing in on his dad's name without doing any independent research of his own and then inviting harassment by verbally abusing the critiques.

ManhattanProject

Country flag

(My two cents)
It wouldnt even be an issue if they came out and said they made a mistake, what they did was double down on it.
Its either they dont want to admit they are wrong or they have put the armed forces on a pedestal and think they can do no wrong.
They saw the picture in the barracks and that was enough for them, no other evidence would suffice. Para sf put that picture which means it has to true right?
Even now after overwhelming evidence their followers are still defending them.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles