Indian Special Forces

Tactical Doge

π•±π–”π–”π–‘π–˜ π–—π–šπ–˜π– 𝖆𝖓𝖉 π–†π–“π–Œπ–Šπ–‘π–˜ π–‹π–Šπ–†π–—
Country flag
Why not IR patches then , with the Unit Logo with Team Logo designed to be read by Friendlies or other teams . Better identification . Like 10 with patch designed like IR glowing scorpion or 9 with IR Pirate Skull face
IR strobes can be used even by a EOD on a pseudo-satellite
Or really high flying aircrafts or CAS assets
That's te whole point of IFF

Waanar

Country flag
Why not IR patches then , with the Unit Logo with Team Logo designed to be read by Friendlies or other teams . Better identification . Like 10 with patch designed like IR glowing scorpion or 9 with IR Pirate Skull face
No clue.
Whats the distance these allow you to easily identify?
Quite far actually.
Drones are able to spot them at their altitude without having to descend.
I'd say definitely more than a kilometer if the line of sight and weather's clear.

SGOperative

Country flag
No clue.

Quite far actually.
Drones are able to spot them at their altitude without having to descend.
Isnt the similar issue also faced by IR Strobes on the guns? Thats the reason NATO started using the ones with Pressure Switch as a stopgap right?

Waanar

Country flag
Isnt the similar issue also faced by IR Strobes on the guns? Thats the reason NATO started using the ones with Pressure Switch as a stopgap right?
Yes, guns use IR laser, not IR strobes (I'm nitpicking, don't mind my OCD) and NATO troops are taught about light discipline as a fundamental, like they are taught trigger or muzzle discipline.
That applies to both visible as well as IR laser/light.

ManhattanProject

Country flag

Never knew that MKU started working on Super High Cuts . This is interesting enough.

Also , Bharat Forge too . Never imagined these companies to produce Maritime Helmets .
Anyone know who makes their Image Intensifier tubes? Do they import them or they make em in house? I doubt they make them in house. I would love to see them being sold in the US, so we can find out what kind of quality product they are offering.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles