Indian Special Forces

Abhimanyu 2.0

Country flag
I know but telling he isnt talked about because of the image of Major Tushar, While Major Tushar and Pawan are remembered i rarely see anyone talk about Lance Naik Om Prakash
Captain Pawan Kumar became more famous because of his Facebook post which went viral after he was KIA and the second thing was his age he was just 23, which made him popular amongst the youth.

Tactical Doge

𝕱𝖔𝖔𝖑𝖘 𝖗𝖚𝖘𝖍 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖆𝖓𝖌𝖊𝖑𝖘 𝖋𝖊𝖆𝖗
Country flag

Never knew that MKU started working on Super High Cuts . This is interesting enough.

Also , Bharat Forge too . Never imagined these companies to produce Maritime Helmets .
Is that an IR strobe I see

@FalconSlayers Dhol leke aa bhai kekekekekek

AlphaRaiderZ

Country flag
Is that an IR strobe I see

@FalconSlayers Dhol leke aa bhai kekekekekek
Demo purchase hain re baba . They present it with the helmets in every show , they participate. But in the twitter pic , there is dummy with super high cuts confirming that it might be a true product they're demonstrating .

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
Ok sorry
So recently purchased helmet will be from bharat forge
Then why are u excited by mku helmet+quads+ir strobes they are just show piece right not ordered by us
Army hasn’t purchased any optronics from MKU as well, thats why defence companies are difficult to run, its always uncertain and risky. I hope this time some serious orders are given, a dozen for J&K Police SOG will also work out :devil:.

AlphaRaiderZ

Country flag
Ok sorry
So recently purchased helmet will be from bharat forge
Then why are u excited by mku helmet+quads+ir strobes they are just show piece right not ordered by us
Where is the official confirmation that either Bharat Forge or MKU will be assigned with the offer . Keep in mind that TASL is now in the competition too for supplying the helmets . We are just happy with the recent glow-up happening in the private sector. There is not official confirmation . The RFI was released just a month ago . Also MKU just joined in with Tata SED and Tonbo in the NVD race with their Binods and Quadnods

Waanar

Country flag
The only “Gucci” gear left is IR Strobes maybe, which will definitely not be purchased.
Why are you so sure they won't be bought?
Pardon my ignorance, I don't know much about the procurement procedures our military follows.
How effective IR Strobes would be in Clandestine ops like crossing LOC?
Not very.
IR strobes are very useful for IFF (Identification Friend or Foe) and C2 (Command and control) at night because they're visible through NVGs, drones and attack helicopters.
Basically they prevent fratricide by your own infantry or slower moving ground attack aerial platforms.
That's exactly what makes them useless when going up against peer forces with similar gear. Especially in covert scenarios.

Yes, if you have control of the airspace and the enemy doesn't have widely distributed NVGs (or are militias), you may use them and not be considered a 69 IQer for doing so.

It's usage is, much like everything else, dependent on the enemy's gear composition more than your own.

AlphaRaiderZ

Country flag
Why are you so sure they won't be bought?
Pardon my ignorance, I don't know much about the procurement procedures our military follows.

Not very.
IR strobes are very useful for IFF (Identification Friend or Foe) and C2 (Command and control) at night because they're visible through NVGs, drones and attack helicopters.
That's exactly what makes them useless when going up against peer forces with similar gear. Especially in covert scenarios.

Yes, if you have control of the airspace and the enemy doesn't have widely distributed NVGs (or are militias), you may use them and not be considered a 69 IQer for doing so.

It's usage is, much like everything else, dependent on the enemy's gear composition more than your own.
Why not IR patches then , with the Unit Logo with Team Logo designed to be read by Friendlies or other teams . Better identification . Like 10 with patch designed like IR glowing scorpion or 9 with IR Pirate Skull face

SGOperative

Country flag
Why not IR patches then , with the Unit Logo with Team Logo designed to be read by Friendlies or other teams . Better identification . Like 10 with patch designed like IR glowing scorpion or 9 with IR Pirate Skull face
Whats the distance these allow you to easily identify?

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles