Indian Special Forces

abingdonboy

Country flag
Frankly for all the wearable kit barring helmets, uniforms, shoes and holsters can be supplied by Armasen Tactical provided it meets the SPGs requirements. They’re small enough to be ok with orders in lower double digits and due to their smaller size can offer better customisation especially for a customer who has a virtually unlimited budget.
I spoke to the CEO of Armasen and he said SPG were the most knowledgable buyers he has interacted with and they also can buy pretty much anything they want. In that case it’s sad they aren’t better equipped

ManhattanProject

Country flag
View attachment 125127
View attachment 125128
SPG didn't fired a single bullet in actual attack got PEQ15 or 16 ( 2014) and top notch weapons and equipment but those( Para SF) who spend whole life in hardcore operations got PEQ2 ( 2001)
SPG walon k weapons induction kon krata hai usko bolna ek bar para walon ko bhi dekh lena
Actually i would still call SPG poorly equipped, that tells you how bad para sf is.

mupper

Country flag
The equipment is bellow the requirement and i dont think anyone refused that but in 2yrs i find it hard that SOF community of China which is much bigger than us changed their way of training in 2yrs and perfected it, i mean itni jaldi to US change nahi hua GWOT ke baad
I don't want to continue dragging this thread off mission but if I could lads 😁
We have to remember Chinese SOF has operated to a different operational mindset to what we'd think of as "SF",.
If anything their army SOF were closer to your own Ghataks, selected infantry given additional training and kit to carry out specific needs.
Beginning in the early 2000's small moves started being made to develop a "Western" style SF capability and for the first decade+ it was hard going they had no direct access to any of the "Western" units/adjacent they wanted to emulate and the ones they did interact with (Thai, Malaysian) conspicuously didn't agree to an exercises that went too far into the complex modern operational style and the Russians were in a largely similar position with their military SF, it was the FSB teams who were cutting edge there, not the military/GRU.

So anyway the Chinese mil went on a journey to develop a capable full spectrum SF system which has been largely led by the Navy's SOF unit "Jiaolong" and the AF's "Leishen" these are the guys who pioneered stuff like HALO/HAHO, modern sniping. JTAC etc in the Chinese mil and they are the ones you see mostly operating/training outside China although Army SOF have been picking up the pace there too.

Army SOF also took the decision to create special SF companies inside each of the SF groups, these companies are formed by long term veteran soldiers and inside the company the institutional knowledge is maintained and developed they are also trained and equipped to a much higher standard, far closer to a Green beret, SAS level if not quite there. These guys will carry out the theater level special operations in wartime etc beyond the commando style raids etc of the larger unit.

China has never had a nationally dedicated military SMU like Delta force etc, each SOF unit was theater/army/branch rolled, but over the last year or 2 there have been persistent strong rumours that such a unit was being stood up for that role, even a patch from the unit was accidentally leaked.
Now the 5th branch of their military the "Strategic support force" has a rather vaguely named SOF unit called the "Counter-Terrorism Assault Unit" which would fit with being a SMU but no one is quite sure yet, it'll be interesting to keep an eye on them.

The Rocket force also has a SOF unit, their job is to mostly defend the missiles from enemy SF and to recon /secure launch sites etc, I doubt they are "offensivly" orientated.

Anyone has any questions or wants me to go into more depth on something just ask and I'll try my best with what I've gathered.

SGOperative

Country flag
I don't want to continue dragging this thread off mission but if I could lads 😁
We have to remember Chinese SOF has operated to a different operational mindset to what we'd think of as "SF",.
If anything their army SOF were closer to your own Ghataks, selected infantry given additional training and kit to carry out specific needs.
Beginning in the early 2000's small moves started being made to develop a "Western" style SF capability and for the first decade+ it was hard going they had no direct access to any of the "Western" units/adjacent they wanted to emulate and the ones they did interact with (Thai, Malaysian) conspicuously didn't agree to an exercises that went too far into the complex modern operational style and the Russians were in a largely similar position with their military SF, it was the FSB teams who were cutting edge there, not the military/GRU.

So anyway the Chinese mil went on a journey to develop a capable full spectrum SF system which has been largely led by the Navy's SOF unit "Jiaolong" and the AF's "Leishen" these are the guys who pioneered stuff like HALO/HAHO, modern sniping. JTAC etc in the Chinese mil and they are the ones you see mostly operating/training outside China although Army SOF have been picking up the pace there too.

Army SOF also took the decision to create special SF companies inside each of the SF groups, these companies are formed by long term veteran soldiers and inside the company the institutional knowledge is maintained and developed they are also trained and equipped to a much higher standard, far closer to a Green beret, SAS level if not quite there. These guys will carry out the theater level special operations in wartime etc beyond the commando style raids etc of the larger unit.

China has never had a nationally dedicated military SMU like Delta force etc, each SOF unit was theater/army/branch rolled, but over the last year or 2 there have been persistent strong rumours that such a unit was being stood up for that role, even a patch from the unit was accidentally leaked.
Now the 5th branch of their military the "Strategic support force" has a rather vaguely named SOF unit called the "Counter-Terrorism Assault Unit" which would fit with being a SMU but no one is quite sure yet, it'll be interesting to keep an eye on them.

The Rocket force also has a SOF unit, their job is to mostly defend the missiles from enemy SF and to recon /secure launch sites etc, I doubt they are "offensivly" orientated.

Anyone has any questions or wants me to go into more depth on something just ask and I'll try my best with what I've gathered.
The point of their Naval SOF is true and thats what i have gathered too but the army SF directly come under their zonal commands so they end up in similar situation to para sf, thats what i get and the way they changed in 2yrs is really hard to comprehend for me lol so i am a bit skeptical. The SMU i think is legit for them since a copy of OBL compound popped up in Xinjiang.

Articles