Indian Special Forces

abingdonboy

Country flag
From what I have heard, the Malaysian PASKAL is pretty good, the Singaporeans are pretty solid at CT, HK's SDU (not SOF technically) are good at CT, have heard good thing about the Thai SOF from former US SF operators.
Asia has some okay CT/DA units but no legitimate go behind enemy lines and have a brigade like effect on the enemy unit, forget about FID.

E.Asian SFs are almost solely CT/HR focused, they definitely don’t have as wide a mandate as the top Western units.

Tactical Doge

𝕱𝖔𝖔𝖑𝖘 𝖗𝖚𝖘𝖍 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖆𝖓𝖌𝖊𝖑𝖘 𝖋𝖊𝖆𝖗
Country flag
Before judging anything, please look into his credentials, He used to be in the Tango Sierra Delta
@abingdonboy
I say bring it on.

for all the critiques one thing that can be said about the Indian armed forces is they are relatively good at plugging holes AFTER the fact.

if terrorists start hitting them at night with some of this Gucci stuff RR may be running US Tier 1 Level NVGs (and associated equipment) 2-3 years after.

whilst I wouldn’t wish for it (it will be another distraction india absolutely doesn’t need) one of the upsides to Pakis pushing these kind of clowns into India would be a further enhancing of the prominence of security in the Indian mindset. They’d have to stop focusing (purely) in freebies and actually take security seriously for a while. 26/11 lead to a lot of change for the good and India on the whole is better for it.
What you said earlier comes to mind
🙂🙏

abingdonboy

Country flag
@abingdonboy

What you said earlier comes to mind
🙂🙏
Early days, let's see if the alarm is being raised in Army HQ

Sadly India seems to only learn lessons paid for in blood, it's rare that intel inputs or these kind of low level seizures make their way into the decision making loop. Let's hope that the significance isn't lost on the NSA or NC.

Automatic Kalashnikov

Country flag
I know most of you guys have seen this photo over and over again, is there anyone who can ID this plate carrier and battle belt setup ?

View attachment 113108
The plate carrier is Armasen's SF shooters RIG, with their AK mag pouches for dual mags and an extra side attachment for the SDR. The belt is also their WASP battle belt

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles