Indian Special Forces

abingdonboy

Country flag
Why did they send them with the FLCs? These things have been replaced by even some infantry units

You'd think if the army brass didn't the regimental/battalion officers would have some shame. They are representing their unit after all and this is how they turn up?

Struggle to find the words with these guys, they revel in being the 'best' but that same energy rarely translates into their capabilities.

abingdonboy

Country flag

This seems like it's as good as this unit will ever be

No nation can be a global power without top-notch SOF/SF-you need small groups of elite units able to operate on foreign shores able to have an outsize capability especially for FID- I legitimately think this will forever be India's weakness. 'commando' culture has decimated any special forces mandate PARA (SF) ever had.

Garuds' mandate is too narrow and MARCOs are optimised too much for the maritime environment so aren't really capable of making up the deficiencies of the other 2 SFs.

Unless a separate SF regiment is carved out in the IA and the entire process started from the ground up nothing will change, even if that were to happen we are talking about 30-40 years just to create any depth and culture.

I am beginning to ponder if this is a human capital issue as there's no legitimately world class SF/SOF unit in Asia, S.Korea maybe being the sole exception but they have question marks over their units too.

View attachment 112697

Screenshot 2021-10-01 at 14.34.36.png

abingdonboy

Country flag
South Asia today is definitely home to the world's most mediocre (to put it nicely) SF/SOF units

With India being (by far) the most prominent nation in S.Asia this says a lot about India

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
South Asia today is definitely home to the world's most mediocre (to put it nicely) SF/SOF units

With India being (by far) the most prominent nation in S.Asia this says a lot about India
Ya'll Nibbiars correction in sub continent.

boris

Country flag

No nation can be a global power without top-notch SOF/SF-you need small groups of elite units able to operate on foreign shores able to have an outsize capability especially for FID- I legitimately think this will forever be India's weakness. 'commando' culture has decimated any special forces mandate PARA (SF) ever had.

Garuds' mandate is too narrow and MARCOs are optimised too much for the maritime environment so aren't really capable of making up the deficiencies of the other 2 SFs.

Unless a separate SF regiment is carved out in the IA and the entire process started from the ground up nothing will change, even if that were to happen we are talking about 30-40 years just to create any depth and culture.

I am beginning to ponder if this is a human capital issue as there's no legitimately world class SF/SOF unit in Asia, S.Korea maybe being the sole exception but they have question marks over their units too.

View attachment 112697

View attachment 112698
From what I have heard, the Malaysian PASKAL is pretty good, the Singaporeans are pretty solid at CT, HK's SDU (not SOF technically) are good at CT, have heard good thing about the Thai SOF from former US SF operators.

Maharaj samudragupt

Kritant Parashu
Banned
Country flag

View attachment 112697

View attachment 112698
From where you got this pic

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles