Indian Special Forces

rkhanna

Country flag
Riot gear is better after galwan clash we had ordered it apart from jacket it comes with helmet , protection at knee , arm , joints , face shield , shield , danda all that the gear you have mentioned is much needed for public than govt servants
I dunno about this. At altitude I would hate ro wear all of that and get into a fist fight to death??

Riot gear is defensive in nature.

Just my opinion fwitw

Spadex

Country flag
Can anyone suggest some books/ article / document or anything about op sarp Vinash (2003) heard that 9 para was also involved but not much information is available on internet, thanks

pipebomb

Country flag
Wasn't the IAF not much interested in acquiring AWACS but realised only after Balakot that they need them in greater numbers ? Much similiar to IA realising BMP upgrades are required after the clash with Chinks ? (This is OT btw)
Could you share more info or reference an article about the Chinese nudge to our bmp upgrade story.

rkhanna

Country flag
Bmp lacked night fighting capability previously, now it has
Not just night fighting, various mission critical equipment like ballistic computers, xomms, Gps l, BMS all are missing. Only 800 are undergoing an upgrade which will take sometime ro complete.

Senior IA officers, however, had told the magazine that the ICV upgrade was a ‘major project’ to execute locally and faced ‘serious’ financial and technological challenges. It was also possible that the deadline to produce a prototype in 52 weeks by July 2022 could also be rescheduled

pipebomb

Country flag
Yes, we rushed our armour up to ladhak and other ready positions and then realized we can't fight at night and went 'fuck me sideways'.
Thanks for replying sir, is there a confirmation from any official (anonymous or named) in public about our bmps found lacking in 2020 confrontation or any particular incident in 2020 which has made it out to public or was it a word of mouth that spread

rkhanna

Country flag
Thanks for replying sir, is there a confirmation from any official (anonymous or named) in public about our bmps found lacking in 2020 confrontation or any particular incident in 2020 which has made it out to public or was it a word of mouth that spread
The upgrade sanction was announced in agust /sept of 2020 citing threat of Chinese Armour. A little googling will go a long way ;)

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles