Indian Special Forces

Aditya Ballal

Country flag
Don’t look like SF

(But I could be wrong, not much difference these days)
I believe only infantry have been sent for this, I could be wrong however. What they mean by SF competition could be roles and techniques that are taught to Ghataks in Commando school Belgaum.

Chakraborty

Country flag
I can see why the Russian and former soviet states are dominanting in this exercise, most of the weapons are of Russian origin, so are the vehicles and of course climate too will be a factor.
But sir the same applies for china also. And certainly China is not a Soviet state and hence are not habituated with russian weapons.
Frankly speaking , I believe we have a lot of areas where we can and we should improve.

Aditya Ballal

Country flag
But sir the same applies for china also. And certainly China is not a Soviet state and hence are not habituated with russian weapons.
Frankly speaking , I believe we have a lot of areas where we can and we should improve.
Don’t call me sir😂, most Chinese soldiers at initial stages are trained with or are familiar with Russian(Soviet style) systems(Type 56, type 80 mg, type 85 DMR aka Chinese dragunov) as China has been copying them for years, the shift in weapons and training has only taken place in the recent times. Training procedures and SoPs are quite similar too. Even the weather and climate are similar to Chinese rural areas away from the coasts.

samsaptaka

तस्मात् उत्तिष्ठ कौन्तेय युद्धाय कृतनिष्चय
Country flag
‘Taliban’ with a LOT of high speed kit (including modern NODs and IR illuminators) and even the high ready carry

I don’t think it’s going to happen immediately but if/when Indian forces come up against these guys one day, it’s not going to be the kind of fight they are used to.

this may be particularly devastating for the tip of the spear (PARA SF)

View attachment 107428

View attachment 107429
They look like ANA who defected to Taliban. Many did.

rkhanna

Country flag
Don’t call me sir😂, most Chinese soldiers at initial stages are trained with or are familiar with Russian(Soviet style) systems(Type 56, type 80 mg, type 85 DMR aka Chinese dragunov) as China has been copying them for years, the shift in weapons and training has only taken place in the recent times. Training procedures and SoPs are quite similar too. Even the weather and climate are similar to Chinese rural areas away from the coasts.
No SOF soldier worth his salt will blame the equipment for a shitty outcome

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles