Indian Special Forces

Scramjet

Country flag
I do not know why but the garuds looks visually more aesthetic as compared to other SFs of Indian armed forces. Maybe due to their forward looking approach?
They seem to have better trigger discipline.
They seem to have better weapon handling .
They seem to have better gears(except headgear).
They seem to have better inherent body posture( that is more SOF like body posture).
They seem to have more knowledge about 'tacticool' stuffs.😄
They do not look sloppy.
Their procurement policy is perhaps better.
Most importantly they seem to have better uniformity(even in Kashmir).
These are some good things about the Garuds that the other SFs of India can instill among themselves.
By no means I mean to say garuds are better than para or Marcos. I know that the para sf and Marcos are far more experienced and are certainly better in buisness (I mean combat) that the Garud guys.

Just SOME aspects of garuds are better that can be inculcated by other guys in the SF.
Regards.
The only thing they have is uniformity, para SF and Marcos are far better in every other aspect

Automatic Kalashnikov

Country flag

Full video^

I’m sure some guys can pull some decent screenshots from it.

relatively decent gear

I guess they were limited in the purview of their drill, this was little more than a walkthrough, they couldn’t use (inside) flash bangs and obviously no breaching.

no shields that I noticed, seem to be hit and miss with NSG, they must have specific instances they bring them out. Also didn’t notice any K9s which is particularly odd for NSG, who knows what limitations they had at the location.

They REALLY need to get simmunition or at least blanks so they can simulate live fire during their on-site drills (obviously in a kill house they don’t have to bother with that)

Given there was SO much media around I dare say this was far from representative

+ this is in Indore so I wonder if these guys were from Mumbai or the GJ hub.
You sure this is Indore, the Col in the end seems to have the 26 SCG badge

Aniruddha Mulay

Country flag
I do not know why but the garuds looks visually more aesthetic as compared to other SFs of Indian armed forces. Maybe due to their forward looking approach?
They seem to have better trigger discipline.
They seem to have better weapon handling .
They seem to have better gears(except headgear).
They seem to have better inherent body posture( that is more SOF like body posture).
They seem to have more knowledge about 'tacticool' stuffs.😄
They do not look sloppy.
Their procurement policy is perhaps better.
Most importantly they seem to have better uniformity(even in Kashmir).
These are some good things about the Garuds that the other SFs of India can instill among themselves.
By no means I mean to say garuds are better than para or Marcos. I know that the para sf and Marcos are far more experienced and are certainly better in buisness (I mean combat) that the Garud guys.

Just SOME aspects of garuds are better that can be inculcated by other guys in the SF.
Regards.
Indian Air Force annual CAPEX budget is close to $7 billion now, they better be well equipped with that sort of money.

Tactical Doge

𝕱𝖔𝖔𝖑𝖘 𝖗𝖚𝖘𝖍 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖆𝖓𝖌𝖊𝖑𝖘 𝖋𝖊𝖆𝖗
Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars

Gujrat police extensively uses Tasers
Inside prisons and civil duty etc etc etc
They were the first state police to do so
Also, I don't think Tasers are effective in a room intervention scenario, USMC Boot camp has a session in which each Marine has to go through it (I watch for some good laughs) there were some buff dudes who could take it like a fkking beast

abingdonboy

Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars

Why would touch want to take a terrorist alive? If they give up fine but the name of the game is elimination, trying to capture someone committed to death is only going to lead to suboptimal tactics and outcomes.

Only time I’ve seen NSGA with tasers has been SRG for VVIP duties which makes sense

ManhattanProject

Country flag
Why would touch want to take a terrorist alive? If they give up fine but the name of the game is elimination, trying to capture someone committed to death is only going to lead to suboptimal tactics and outcomes.

Only time I’ve seen NSGA with tasers has been SRG for VVIP duties which makes sense
Trying to use non-leathal force on a person determined to kill you or die trying is going to be hard. Someone who is determined enough or even high on the right kind of drugs can shrug off tazers.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles