Indian Special Forces

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
Night vision was the reason? 😮😮
They literally had no night vision, and were fighting them in night. Despite the terrorists well visible on UAV they still lost their man and various others injured, NSG focussed well on modernisation hence they fared well, but their bomb disposal squad did the same thing which a sub chalta ha attitude military does, sent BDS team to defuse live grenades literally with their hands, and in which we lost a NSG commando and various others injured.

Marliii

Better to die on your feet than live on your knees
Country flag
They literally had no night vision, and were fighting them in night. Despite the terrorists well visible on UAV they still lost their man and various others injured, NSG focussed well on modernisation hence they fared well, but their bomb disposal squad did the same thing which a sub chalta ha attitude military does, sent BDS team to defuse live grenades literally with their hands, and in which we lost a NSG commando and various others injured.
That explains why NSG was bought to take those terrorists to hoors

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
That explains why NSG was bought to take those terrorists to hoors
They were able to shoot two commandos without any reflex sights and night vision with them. Speaks volumes on the condition of our SF and our military who does some sort of modernisation only if the damage has been done.

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
If we consider the Pathankot attack documentary to be true to most of the things, Garuds didn’t have Night Vision devices to fight those terrorists and those terrorists were easily visible to a UAV operator at the airbase, and still terrorists managed to kill our Garud cammando and injure others, and here in India tech adoption is taken lightly like these are “luxury stuff” according to them, you won’t always have it during war and learn to fight without it kind of attitude in our military, night vision is a basic SF Stuff which they lack how can we say Garuds are any good, I still remember the joint encounter with RR in which our Garud commando Corporal Jyoti Prakash Nirala got KIA and were awarded Ashok Chakra posthumously, he killed 2 pigs and got wounded in the operation, before this operation 2 of his friends got KIA in a previous operation, here SF guys have no value and no respect by the military. This is the reason an excellent force like Garud is plagued.
What about head on fire fight between Garuds and terrorists in Pathankot? (non nvg environment)

rkhanna

Country flag
That kind of controlling is non existent in India
Let them first start learning to guide one fixed or rotary to a target to call in an Airstrike

those terrorists were easily visible to a UAV operator at the airbase,
Whats the point of the UAV when the operator cannot speak to the Garud operator or hasn't been trainrd in Air SOP and lingo

Tactical Doge

𝕱𝖔𝖔𝖑𝖘 𝖗𝖚𝖘𝖍 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖆𝖓𝖌𝖊𝖑𝖘 𝖋𝖊𝖆𝖗
Country flag
Noob question....🙂
These guys are civilian instructors?
Room intervention done by JKP SOG(probably)
I know it's a police thread thing
Just want to compare it to NSG room intervention shown in the RSTV documentary
The NSG one looked cool, seemless, and really quick

This one seems "slow", for lack of a better word
Also the shoulder transition in first few seconds(doesn't count as much though)

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
Let them first start learning to guide one fixed or rotary to a target to call in an Airstrike

Whats the point of the UAV when the operator cannot speak to the Garud operator or hasn't been trainrd in Air SOP and lingo
How will he talk to them do we even have a SDR? LOL!!!

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
Noob question....🙂

Are these guys JKP SOG? Never seen them with Tavor… @Unknowncommando 2 have you?

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
Noob question....🙂

NSG with slings dropping like that in CQB?

Aditya Roy

Country flag
How do you assess the performance of Garuds at Pathankot?
I won't judge the Guards based on the Pathankot incident only, even though I don't think highly of them. Nearly a decade ago, the Pakistani Navy bases were hot targets of the 'Bad/Punjabi Taliban'. Remember during one of these attacks at a Pak naval base, Pakistani SSG(N) guys were shot dead before they could even fire a single bullet. Ultimately, SSGs came and finished the op(if I am not wrong). When it comes to airbase aerial surveillance technology we are a decade(maybe even more) behind the Western/NATO standard.

Marliii

Better to die on your feet than live on your knees
Country flag
I won't judge the Guards based on the Pathankot incident only, even though I don't think highly of them. Nearly a decade ago, the Pakistani Navy bases were hot targets of the 'Bad/Punjabi Taliban'. Remember during one of these attacks at a Pak naval base, Pakistani SSG(N) guys were shot dead before they could even fire a single bullet. Ultimately, SSGs came and finished the op(if I am not wrong). When it comes to airbase aerial surveillance technology we are a decade(maybe even more) behind the Western/NATO standard.
That was a sniper with night vision he shot SSGN to kingdomcon.we would be also facing gizmo terrorists after fall of afghan

Aditya Roy

Country flag
They were able to shoot two commandos without any reflex sights and night vision with them. Speaks volumes on the condition of our SF and our military who does some sort of modernisation only if the damage has been done.
The Pak terrorists had prior knowledge of the base and trained on that basis only. ALL Pak terrorists are directly or indirectly trained by SSG/ISI instructors. Hence, they should not be taken lightly. During the Chechen war, when Spetsnazs faced Muslim Chechen rebels(including ex-Spetsnaz defectors), many of their tactics flopped as the Chechen instructors had prior SFs experience and trained the rebels accordingly.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles