Indian Special Forces

Aditya Roy

Country flag
1. The biggest problem in this country is the mandates of the organisation are not defined clearly.
2. Also when a situation comes where in there are chances of earning medals and fame, the top officials across the spectrum go berserk.
3. Protection of airfield and air assets is absolutely the responsibility of the GARUDS. But, how capable they are is again a question. No offense but I as an ex SOF soldier fail to understand the fact of on GARUD sustaining 6 bullets in his abdominal area( Thank God he survived). The turf was our, the layout was known to us yet......
4. So when the org incharge fails to deliver, the obvious next step is to hand it over to the capable one. Whether calling NSG( where the HITs were all composed of PARA, SF guys and no infantry or other arms) was necessary is again a question.
5. 1 PARA,SF was right next door. So many battle hardened guys. And believe me I know how good or bad are the urban fighting drills on either sides. That includes SG too. Everwhere it's the PARA,SF guys, doesn't matter what organisation they are posted in.
6. I rest my case here.
Wouldnt letting Para SF carry out the op defeat the sole purpose of creating the NSG? Even though NSG has the same SFs guys on deputation, but why not use the unit when such attacks happen? I think that's why they tried to 'fit in' the NSG when so many other resources too were available.

rkhanna

Country flag
Wouldnt letting Para SF carry out the op defeat the sole purpose of creating the NSG? Even though NSG has the same SFs guys on deputation, but why not use the unit when such attacks happen? I think that's why they tried to 'fit in' the NSG when so many other resources too were available.
Well one can argue that NSG is a federal police unit, q Military base is outside their jurisdiction.

That being said as mentioned by @AVINASH4061 we don't gave clear mandates in our country. So it falls down to the leader who has the most buearcratic power in the heirachy

Aditya Roy

Country flag

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
1. The biggest problem in this country is the mandates of the organisation are not defined clearly.
2. Also when a situation comes where in there are chances of earning medals and fame, the top officials across the spectrum go berserk.
3. Protection of airfield and air assets is absolutely the responsibility of the GARUDS. But, how capable they are is again a question. No offense but I as an ex SOF soldier fail to understand the fact of on GARUD sustaining 6 bullets in his abdominal area( Thank God he survived). The turf was our, the layout was known to us yet......
4. So when the org incharge fails to deliver, the obvious next step is to hand it over to the capable one. Whether calling NSG( where the HITs were all composed of PARA, SF guys and no infantry or other arms) was necessary is again a question.
5. 1 PARA,SF was right next door. So many battle hardened guys. And believe me I know how good or bad are the urban fighting drills on either sides. That includes SG too. Everwhere it's the PARA,SF guys, doesn't matter what organisation they are posted in.
6. I rest my case here.
Hats off to you for saying the truth sirji

From your position it take a lot to say that.

We who know people who have trained with the Garuds also know about their shortcomings but unless someone like you comes and says look the problem is except Para SF not many are performing takes a lot.

Our SF ops structure is either heavily dependent on Para SF or Para SF operatives posted elsewhere.

AVINASH4061

Country flag
Defeat the purpose how? Why waste the crucial time waiting for someone to come, assess and then be operational. If the PARA regt and NSG were equidistant, it should have been absolutely NSG. I wish I could tell you more about the MUMBAI thing. Anyways we should always have difference in opinion to have a healthy debate. Cheers

Country flag
Defeat the purpose how? Why waste the crucial time waiting for someone to come, assess and then be operational. If the PARA regt and NSG were equidistant, it should have been absolutely NSG. I wish I could tell you more about the MUMBAI thing. Anyways we should always have difference in opinion to have a healthy debate. Cheers
I have heard there were 2 PARA SF officers either in the Taj or nearby and they had assessed the situation, they also had a team which would allow them to kill the terrorist. But they weren't given a go ahead. Is it true?

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
not true, sounds like some fairy tale.
Sir I want to know that despite we got a CDS post, our procurements are still not centralised, recent drone attacks and our response is a big proof, SMASH-2000+ were to be procured but only Navy bought it, while IAF and IA didn’t, now we are buying the same after the damage has been done to Jammu airbase.

ALBY

Section Moderator
Country flag
300+ Taliban armed with heavy weapons with no CAS? Secure the airport, land a plane with NSG and do a Plane HR as well ? All this while the Pakis are monitoring the airspace and SIGINT and probably have a ISI/SSG team on the ground as well.
Not to forget the stingers

apoorv465

Country flag
Sir, wasn't there a ghatak platoon in Mumbai ready and equipped waiting. But they were never called?

Global Defence

Articles