Indian Special Forces

Maitreya Shyam

Country flag
Does Armasen Tactical do inhouse R&D or just rebrand imported maal?

Imported one available on Flipkart
View attachment 92462

What Armasen tactical offers.
View attachment 92463
What if he has done his research and then made his own version

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
What if he has done his research and then made his own version
Or maybe just copied an unpatented and unbranded version and produce it domestically, but I feel most of the components or whole piece is imported as those compass are made in China in bulk don’t know about others. But this Paracord is a very great thing.

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag

Frontrunner

Country flag
When this afsod thing is going to be on ground nd working? Nd any updates about the 1000 crore equipment which was to be purchased for para sf from us?

AVINASH4061

Country flag
Imo
Defensive would not necessarily mean holding the last point of your territory but would mean that you hold onto a feature that has proper logistics support, can be re-inforced in quick time and have other support arms nearby.

Offensive in mountains will require a large number of men to overwhelm the enemy positions along with arty support and air or helicopter support. Offensive will also require special thinking at times cause one may have to take the toughest route to attack the enemy. Offensive will also have to ensure that there is accurate intelligence and backup plan ready if the offensive fails and men are to be moved out cause in mountains that will be challenging. Another thing that if we get hold of enemy post/territory we need to ensure they remain well supplied in terms of ammunition, logistics, medics and reinforcement. Also restricting enemy logistics lines by targeting them will be important in order to prevent counter attacks

PS: i still feel men on ground is still the most important factor when it comes to defending or attacking the enemy in mountains.
Please put your thoughts that's in relation with the rifle, it's capb and tactics involved.

Tactical Doge

𝕱𝖔𝖔𝖑𝖘 𝖗𝖚𝖘𝖍 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖆𝖓𝖌𝖊𝖑𝖘 𝖋𝖊𝖆𝖗
Country flag
Standard garud sniper team.
1-IWI GALIL sniper rifle
1-Carl Gustav m3
1-IMI STAR-21
1- observer
What is the mandate of the Carl Gustav operator with the sniper team

Country flag
Please put your thoughts that's in relation with the rifle, it's capb and tactics involved.
In mountains i feel larger caliber weapons play a bigger role in order to either attack the enemy on top from some distance or keeping the enemy away from your defensive position.

Eg, say if the 1962 RezangLa was to happen today (120 men), I feel majority should be equipped with 7.62x51mm assault rifles with decent optics. Assuming the enemy reaches your trenches, maybe dealing with them using this caliber might be difficult due to recoil so around 20-40 men should be equipped with AKs or 5.56 rifles. Apart from that DMRs and AMR should be present in order to target key resources of the enemy and snipers of .338 Lapua magnum or 50 Cal should be present according to the threat assessment (I feel during offensive a team should have DMR, snipers and AMR all to choose from). Regarding carl gustav and mortar I don't have enough knowledge.

Aditya Ballal

Country flag
@AVINASH4061 sir, since Para sf has used both 50 cal and .338 lapua snipers for a while, how have they been so far and how well do work in our terrain?

AVINASH4061

Country flag
sir, as per my knowledge, in lay man's language, inoffensive mountain battle one has to capture mountain peaks and in case of defensive we have to retain our high ground... the difference in capturing and saving is that the person who wants to save the mountain cliff has more advantage as he has high ground and as some veterans point out in case of Kargil, height se mara hua patthar bhi goli jaisa hota hai. If we look into kargil we had to use offensive mountain battle as paki infiltrators captured the peak beforehand and thus we had to regain it. the party taking out offensive doesn't only has to use more man power but also his weapons should be better and more powerful as he has to fire them against gravity and hit the enemy on cliff.. whereas the one on defensive mode can employ less no. of troops, and also lesser no. of artillery( it can be 0 too as artillery can't be installed on much of that type of terrain). Also in defensive posture natural hindrances like caves can help, a small no. of armed troops hiding properly there with their guns can do a lot of damage to them. That's why many Gorkha troops are trained for that task.

Again , i repeat, my para can have factual mistakes and thus I request anyone to please mark em out, And I am sorry to all for tomorrow's behavior.
Context with respect to the assault rifle/ carbine and its capabilites.

Aditya Ballal

Country flag
Absolute rockstars both of them in terms of performance. 50 cal is sometimes an overkill though.
Sir does Para sf make use of integrated or handheld ballistic computers whilst sniping? Like these, as full potential of these sniper rifles can be efficiently exploited with these.
1622391357137.png

1622391267161.jpeg

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
Sir does Para sf make use of integrated or handheld ballistic computers whilst sniping? Like these,
View attachment 92478
View attachment 92477
Ya'll Nibbiars I don't think we have them in plenty already clarified by the Kunal Biswas sirji. And also said many times that we lacks good electronic sight's. And the Mlecchas have them in plenty's.

Ya'll Nibbiars we have 1,500 20.82 MM Vidwansak?.

Aditya Ballal

Country flag
Sir does Para sf make use of integrated or handheld ballistic computers whilst sniping? Like these, as full potential of these sniper rifles can be efficiently exploited with these.
View attachment 92478
View attachment 92477
Ya'll Nibbiars I don't think we have them in plenty already clarified by the Kunal Biswas sirji. And also said many times that we lacks good electronic sight's. And the Mlecchas have them in plenty's.

Ya'll Nibbiars we have 1,500 20.82 MM Vidwansak?.

So far it has only been spotted with NSG and Mumbai police Force One
Courtesy: @Sourajit Dutta .
@Haldilal @AVINASH4061
I believe TONBO imaging has clip on and standalone thermal sights with integrated ballistic computers, but idk how effective they’d be in the day time.

Aditya Ballal

Country flag
Context with respect to the assault rifle/ carbine and its capabilites.
This is an American veterans thoughts on why we chose the 7.62x51 SIG 716. He believes the 7.62 NATO round has better performance in the mountains and LOC.
I’m considering the sig 716 battle rifle as an assault rifle in this case.
He says it’s the same reason why US SF forces use the SCAR H in increased numbers in Afganistan.

Articles