Indian Special Forces

Country flag
In mountains i feel larger caliber weapons play a bigger role in order to either attack the enemy on top from some distance or keeping the enemy away from your defensive position.

Eg, say if the 1962 RezangLa was to happen today (120 men), I feel majority should be equipped with 7.62x51mm assault rifles with decent optics. Assuming the enemy reaches your trenches, maybe dealing with them using this caliber might be difficult due to recoil so around 20-40 men should be equipped with AKs or 5.56 rifles. Apart from that DMRs and AMR should be present in order to target key resources of the enemy and snipers of .338 Lapua magnum or 50 Cal should be present according to the threat assessment (I feel during offensive a team should have DMR, snipers and AMR all to choose from). Regarding carl gustav and mortar I don't have enough knowledge.
Regarding machine guns i feel in case of defensive operation we should have more MMG than LMG and while attacking it should be more LMG than MMG.

@AVINASH4061

Aditya Ballal

Country flag
@AVINASH4061 sir, which calibre did you find better? 7.62x51 NATO or 7.62x54R?
Also what do you think about future MMGs using the .338 lapua round?

Unknownwarrior

Country flag
Is the sf getting these plate carriers as standard... Pls confirm as I saw many pics of SF operators in it... Even on para SF... Pls someone cnfrm.

Screenshot_20210530-235518~2.png

Country flag
Is the sf getting these plate carriers as standard... Pls confirm as I saw many pics of SF operators in it... Even on para SF... Pls someone cnfrm.

View attachment 92501
Has been seen with Garuds off late in recent times, someone here said it is being standardised in Garuds.

Para SF haven't been seen much with this type bpj, might be some battalion level purchase or individual purchase.

Articles