Indian Special Forces

abingdonboy

Country flag
Usually these devices are little more than Mil-Spec versions of commercial Android devices like Galaxy S4. The real magic is in the encrypted software on it.
That's ATAK- the Android Tactical Assault Kit
the first 5 or so minutes tells you all you would possible want to know about ATAK, it's absolutely brilliant mission planning and situational awareness equipment with vast capabilities. Never seen anything like this in Indian service most likely because India isn't cleared by the US Gov to have the friendly military version (FVEY) but even that is a downgraded version of the US Mil version (MIL).

That said, given India's software capabilities I don't see what would stop DRDO and IITs coming up with something as capable as this software for the Indian market, it could have immense capabilities for the military, CAPFs and even civilian authorities (in the US the CIV version is becoming commonplace for their police and fire units). Like you said the hardware is just a regular android device, the software is the special part and there's no excuses for why India couldn't look into something like this for itself especially as it has its own GPS now.

Most likely 2021, see the guy on the extreme left (civilian) he's wearing a mask.
So there will be a NSG marching contingent for R-Day 2021?

edit, confirmed that NSG will b e marching down for 2021 R-day:

Interesting that NSG feels the need to provide force protection to their contingent but understandable I guess, an unarmed marching contingent would be an attractive target. The guys providing force protection though look like support staff judging by their gear.

I hope that NSG shows some good stuff this year in addition to the marching contingent like they did last time:

I'll be disappointed if the geared-up guys that are on the vehicle displays aren't kitted out like we've seen from recent 26 SCG teams

Last edited:

12arya

Country flag
So is it possible that Gen Naravane was part of military police within some role with the SFF? His beret looked more red than maroon.
(Referring to the recent throwback pic which surfaced).
I don't think so but i cud be wrong as well.

these r the military police beret...its an orangey red, not maroonish!
1609831827289.png

1609831753777.png

and this is the general saab....his luks maroon and it luks like the paratroopers insignia on the beret(on the belt as well)?

1609831999251.png

Screensfgghot_147.jpg

Last edited:

12arya

Country flag
Ex corps of signals... His views on PTSD are interesting.
Ya may be that's what he has seen in 9 (and he said majority not all). we can only speculate from outside. culturally also, our men doesn't talk much abt emotions and na,unlike western men. nd it seems he is from a financially poor backgrnd, so he already had a tough life and takes it in his stride.

Last edited:

12arya

Country flag
Ex corps of signals
i had thought for a time that SF drew its numbers solely from para but ya, they take from all it seems.
read maj gen dalvir singh and maj gen sheonan singh were both from corp of engineers!

may be this over dependence on paras happened in the 90's and they probably discontinued it later on and went bck to the old ways!

abingdonboy

Country flag
i had thought for a time that SF drew its numbers solely from para but ya, they take from all it seems.
read maj gen dalvir singh and maj gen sheonan singh were both from corp of engineers!

may be this over dependence on paras happened in the 90's and they probably discontinued it later on and went bck to the old ways!
Anyone from the IA can apply for PARA (SF) but most will come from the infantry and many more will go from PARA (airborne)

Ayushraj

Country flag
France’s new standard issue assault rifle replacing FAMAS is HK416F, maybe Porkis are also buying HK416F.
Bro porkis army (excluding ssg) dosent like 5.56 mm round in their standard rifle(because of less damage to enemy). If porkis wanted to buy a standard rifle for army it would be 7.62 mm round for sure.

Killbot

Country flag
Ya may be that's what he has seen in 9 (and he said majority not all). we can only speculate from outside. culturally also, our men doesn't talk much abt emotions and na,unlike western men. nd it seems he is from a financially poor backgrnd, so he already had a tough life and takes it in his stride.
Humble dude. He also values Opsec. Didn't blather about shit like 'I was operating in deep cover for one year', 'Indian SF no bisleri' and the other shit I heard from Vivek Jacob.

Articles