Indian Special Forces

India Super Power

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
I can see that govt is concentrating on modernizing the infantry and ghatak forces and has done fabulous job, now the time has come to shift the focus towards sf as infantry will now modernize according to a particular plan. So I feel after 6 months or 1 year they will look to modernize the special forces.

Gessler

Country flag
Note the laser-cut MOLLE on the plate carrier. A few years back MKU had displayed an INSTAVEST version with laser-cut MOLLE at I believe Milipol 2017 in Europe, but I doubt if that made it to production. This could be an imported vest.

MKU one:

20-ilds-slider-lg4.png

Laser-cut is basically the next gen of MOLLE retention system and offers numerous advantages over traditional MOLLE, including weight saving, more freedom with routing cables etc., and preventing anything from snagging on foliage.

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
Uhh dumb question.

Does everyone in the squad posses a GPS or is it just one person?
Do GPS contain detailed graphic maps or do they just display elevations and coordinates like the old ones?
Can GPS Uplink/downlink be detected?

Gessler

Country flag
Uhh dumb question.

Does everyone in the squad posses a GPS or is it just one person?
Commercial-grade GPS is cheap enough to be carried by every member. In fact it should, as it can help anyone who may get lost/drift off during HALO or otherwise separated from rest of team during missions.

Do GPS contain detailed graphic maps or do they just display elevations and coordinates like the old ones?
Depends what kind of GPS you got. If you're packing something like Garmin Foretrex then all you'll get is rudimentary data of the type you went over, plus you can set waypoints. On the other hand if you got a 'tactical tablet' type system (usually worn on chest or arm in a ruggedized frame mount) you can get all the functionality you'd expect from something like Google Maps, and a lot of other things like topographical data, displaying real-time BLUFOR trackers etc.

Action-Use-Image-2014-1.jpg

Usually these devices are little more than Mil-Spec versions of commercial Android devices like Galaxy S4. The real magic is in the encrypted software on it.

I've seen Indian SFs with Garmins, but never with these 'smart' devices.

Can GPS Uplink/downlink be detected?
Encrypted ones, no. But commercial-grade devices that send out a signal can not only be detected but tracked or spoofed/jammed as well. If operating in passive-only, then they can still be spoofed/jammed.

Last edited:

Articles