Indian Special Forces

Zoid Raptor

Country flag
Btw guyz don't get upset when you see some of the SF operatives still using Patkas, talked to someone who knows and he told me that the recently converted units still have a company(150 troops) for Airborne Role who are still equipped with the old standard issue of Airborne for CI!
I though SOF units typically have an armory where they can pick and choose their gear and equipment based on the type of op. I once had the opportunity to visit a public awareness demo by the local PD's SWAT team in the city I live in and they always have one unit on standby 24/7 ready to deploy and an armory to pick from based on the mission profile and threat level

Firse new camo😭
The shirt and pants are not even the same camo. Top seems to be Russian digital camo while the bottom is similar to the one Garuds have been using

Mr.Evil007

Country flag
I though SOF units typically have an armory where they can pick and choose their gear and equipment based on the type of op. I once had the opportunity to visit a public awareness demo by the local PD's SWAT team in the city I live in and they always have one unit on standby 24/7 ready to deploy and an armory to pick from based on the mission profile and threat level

The shirt and pants are not even the same camo. Top seems to be Russian digital camo while the bottom is similar to the one Garuds have been using
Hate to say it but SWAT of some PD’s in US are better equipped than paras
And talking about police dept. in India oh brother that’s a mess we NEED police modernisation and way of working reforms but no one seems to care that much
IMG_0779.jpeg

Arad Operator

Country flag
All SF/SOF units have an armory even an infantry unit have one from where they choose weapons according to the mission requirement. What I meant was that there's an understanding between the unit and the operatives that they don't need fancy weapons like FN F2000 or P90 for CI/CT Ops, an Ak-63D or Tar-21 can do the work just as good. For Spec Ops they have everything they need...

Zoid Raptor

Country flag
Hate to say it but SWAT of some PD’s in US are better equipped than paras
And talking about police dept. in India oh brother that’s a mess we NEED police modernisation and way of working reforms but no one seems to care that much
View attachment 256318
The gun culture in Indian is just not what you see in the US. Anyone who is not a convicted felon can walk into a gun store and purchase a firearm as long as they can show proof of age and residency which compels US cops to be better armed and equipped

Several major cities in India now have a SWAT or CT unit like Mumbai Force-1, Delhi police SWAT, Bangalore Garuda commandos etc which I believe should suffice as a first response unit during an armed thread until NSG comes in if required

Jedi Operator

Country flag
Sure but i was trying to say he has achieved a lot in life before becoming a podcaster.
the point being, yes he listens to alot, alot of which is crap, but we have to admit, he is knowlegable about martial arts so atleast that is where he does not take any bullshit. The point is atleast they have done something before podcasting. For them podcasting was a means to retiring. Not a starting career point

Mr.Evil007

Country flag
The gun culture in Indian is just not what you see in the US. Anyone who is not a convicted felon can walk into a gun store and purchase a firearm as long as they can show proof of age and residency which compels US cops to be better armed and equipped

Several major cities in India now have a SWAT or CT unit like Mumbai Force-1, Delhi police SWAT, Bangalore Garuda commandos etc which I believe should suffice as a first response unit during an armed thread until NSG comes in if required
Have you seen the condition of SWAT units in India?

Zoid Raptor

Country flag
What I meant was that there's an understanding between the unit and the operatives that they don't need fancy weapons like FN F2000 or P90 for CI/CT Ops, an Ak-63D or Tar-21 can do the work just as good. For Spec Ops they have everything they need
They might not need a fancy arse weapon but basic standardization should be the norm. ACHs or HCBHs, Tar or X-95, PCs (with plate inserts), weapon mounted sights and a magnifier should be the bare minimum along with uniformity in camo which is essential even during CI/CT ops

It's also ridiculous to consider CI/CT as a second rated op and top brass assuming the operatives can get by with rag-tag looking militia gear. We've lost several men in such ops and any encounter which has a possibility for lives to be lost require the best gear and training available. Even when Paras went on to hunt PAFF, they're still using Patkas and no NODs - making them wait until daybreak which is hilarious for an SF unit

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag
the point being, yes he listens to alot, alot of which is crap, but we have to admit, he is knowlegable about martial arts so atleast that is where he does not take any bullshit. The point is atleast they have done something before podcasting. For them podcasting was a means to retiring. Not a starting career point
Indian YouTube community works on trend bases from vines to Bhai behan videos to pranks to roasts to gaming livestreams (whoever actually calls thems gamers is brain-dead) then vlogs and now this is the trend few more months and new trend will arrive

Zoid Raptor

Country flag
Have you seen the condition of SWAT units in India?
If Indian military branches are having trouble equipping their SF units, I don't except an average state police dept to continuously hone the skills and training of their SWAT or keep up with modernization...but hey! it's still better than countering threats with a Lee-Enfield

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles