Indian Special Forces

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag
They might not need a fancy arse weapon but basic standardization should be the norm. ACHs or HCBHs, Tar or X-95, PCs (with plate inserts), weapon mounted sights and a magnifier should be the bare minimum along with uniformity in camo which is essential even during CI/CT ops

It's also ridiculous to consider CI/CT as a second rated op and top brass assuming the operatives don't require top notch gear. We've lost several men in such ops and any encounter which has a possibility for lives to be lost require the best gear and training available. Even when Paras went on to hunt PAFF, they're still using Patkas and no NODs - making them wait until daybreak which is hilarious for an SF unit
Mate sahani sir ka career chala gaya asking for Ars for his units and decent PCs in the end he had to cover his own equipment which is Crye percision and others if upper brass can't bother to listen to it's SF lads then they just don't care it took Armasen Tacticals to make PCs available instead of jholas should tell you alot about us

Jedi Operator

Country flag
Indian YouTube community works on trend bases from vines to Bhai behan videos to pranks to roasts to gaming livestreams (whoever actually calls thems gamers is brain-dead) then vlogs and now this is the trend few more months and new trend will arrive
let's accept we are a people pleasing ass licking nation. Yatha raja tatha praja, your bureaucrats do the same. We lack innovation (mostly not entirely) we lack initiative (again not all people are like that but still the majority) and we follow a trend because all we do is copy paste another model. It's not even about originiality or so, it's about everyone getting in the same race and even in that, just becoming mediocre

lexz09

Mate sahani sir ka career chala gaya asking for Ars for his units and decent PCs in the end he had to cover his own equipment which is Crye percision and others if upper brass can't bother to listen to it's SF lads then they just don't care it took Armasen Tacticals to make PCs available instead of jholas should tell you alot about us
1B$... that's all it will take to equip all of tri special forces to nato level. I don't expect them to spend all this money in one fiscal year but 4-5 years mein easily modernise ho skti thi if they wanted to. Navy had the will and they did it. You'll notice how they modernized in phases if you look past 4-5 navy days.. now they are aleast somewhat near western standards

Zoid Raptor

Country flag
1B$... that's all it will take to equip all of tri special forces to nato level
If cost is an issue, get some Chinese stuff off of AliExpress and rebrand them using an Indian startup and project it as Atmanirbhar to get your brownie points similar to what all the new-age Indian drone startups are doing lately

The so-called Chinese junk is significantly better than the abomination we use now

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag
If cost is an issue, get some Chinese stuff off of AliExpress and rebrand them using an Indian startup and project it as Atmanirbhar to get your brownie points similar to what all the new-age Indian drone startups are doing lately

The so-called Chinese junk is significantly better than the abomination we use now
Cost is not an issue Army has billions for Apache and can return funds unused every fy year

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag
let's accept we are a people pleasing ass licking nation. Yatha raja tatha praja, your bureaucrats do the same. We lack innovation (mostly not entirely) we lack initiative (again not all people are like that but still the majority) and we follow a trend because all we do is copy paste another model. It's not even about originiality or so, it's about everyone getting in the same race and even in that, just becoming mediocre
That major is the only decent Indian podcaster I wished he did those more frequently

lexz09

But they have a trouble utilizing it to the fullest for reasons unknown. It might be easier to use the unit funds to get the required gear from Chinese sources
Mannnn I don't expect these babus to be this dumb that they fail to realize what our Boyz need and their requirements. That's not expected of a country whose army has fought 5 wars, hundreds of skirmishes and battling terrorism since more than 3 decades. But even if they are that stupid and clueless that they are unable to utilize funds properly and efficiently, why not just hire a western retired instructor or officer of some special mission unit LMAOO

lexz09

I'm all for my nairobi boy Christian craighead. I have a bias towards SAS. One may think indian army would always prefer britishers over others.... I mean our whole army is structured after british army. Why not go SAS way

kaboom

Country flag
Mannnn I don't expect these babus to be this dumb that they fail to realize what our Boyz need and their requirements. That's not expected of a country whose army has fought 5 wars, hundreds of skirmishes and battling terrorism since more than 3 decades. But even if they are that stupid and clueless that they are unable to utilize funds properly and efficiently, why not just hire a western retired instructor or officer of some special mission unit LMAOO
Gear too
no private entity will want to train someone who uses a whole stew of platforms .
Most foreign trainers are specialized on AR-15/AK platform , finding trainers for bullpups will not be easy as no Sf uses it as standard except maybe ex-IDF . And if you get them to train us on Tavor nevertheless they will just mess things up .

Mr.Evil007

Country flag
Gear too
no private entity will want to train someone who uses a whole stew of platforms .
Most foreign trainers are specialized on AR-15/AK platform , finding trainers for bullpups will not be easy as no Sf uses it as standard except maybe ex-IDF . And if you get them to train us on Tavor nevertheless they will just mess things up .
IDF is ditching bull pups I think their SF uses arads and m4 its us who are ordering more and more for some reason

Mr.Evil007

Country flag
Curroption and Israeli lobbying
Bc har cheez ka same jawab hai jb hum ko ye sb pta hai toh bkl ac room mai baith k kar kya rhe hai bkl Indian armed forces ki legacy k lode lgane ki koshish krrhe

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag
I'm all for my nairobi boy Christian craighead. I have a bias towards SAS. One may think indian army would always prefer britishers over others.... I mean our whole army is structured after british army. Why not go SAS way
I too would love SAS but ours and British SAS relationships aren't the best lol or you can say our impression on them isn't the best

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles