Indian Special Forces

VictorDelta4

Country flag
View attachment 246653

Thoughts on wire management and radio placement why do other SF place thier radio infront near arms ?
Its usually a personal preference. The Antenna can be an issue during movement based on the kits. If they are running preset dual radio dual channels then keeping them in the back gives them enough flexibility around the arms/armpits for movement.

Schrodingersoul005

Country flag
How many units were purchased? Also can anyone clarify on what brand it was ? Those are pretty expensive stuff

Schrodingersoul005

Country flag
Yes they do
But wanted arads to come with DBAL as default that is standardized
Probably gonna issue them Mepro MORs to cut costs and operational and maintenance expenses.
Honestly the more price reasonable options are
Rifle ×1
MOR reflex ×1
Foregrip×1
Single side pictanny rail slot for adjustment on M-lok handguards ×1
Flashlight ×1
If the Paras follow the Marcos way of Equipment revitalization then Mx3 Magnifiers maybe left as a viable options

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag
How many units were purchased? Also can anyone clarify on what brand it was ? Those are pretty expensive stuff
4 with accesories and it's Tonbo one with team Windies helmet (not sure about helmet) that was the info last year no clue on follow up purchase deal was 1.78 crore or something I don't remember

Schrodingersoul005

Country flag
4 with accesories and it's Tonbo one with team Windies helmet (not sure about helmet) that was the info last year no clue on follow up purchase deal was 1.78 crore or something I don't remember
Honestly Pointsman having Quads serve more than the purpose . The rest can run on monoculars or selectively even Binods . Looking at the current strength of NSG , only 1/5th would require such an upgrade

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag
Honestly Pointsman having Quads serve more than the purpose . The rest can run on monoculars or selectively even Binods . Looking at the current strength of NSG , only 1/5th would require such an upgrade
That is the plan for now I would have posted the bill for you but I seem to have lost it in some files

Zoid Raptor

Country flag
@airborneCommando @Jedi Operator @Marliii @jai jaganath @ALBY @NutCracker @khushank @Inderjeet Singh @kaboom @COLDHEARTED AVIATOR @Gessler @airborneCommando @Johny_Baba @Smoothbore125mm sorry if I forgot anyone's name but well today's big news

Paras Have ordered a batch of Arads and will receive it by end of this year and start of next year i.e,2025 Jan or Feb I confirmed if it was an April fools joke but I even saw a SC shot of his chat with officer so if he pulled this much strings for an April fools joke on all of us hats off to him and his efforts and if not than yes 1,4,9,21 will be getting Arads by next year they were in trails in 2023 and used in NE too during evaluation so Peace to you all I am too happy to say anything ✌
Any idea why they're taking that long to deliver? If only the OG Para SF units are getting these, the numbers shouldn't be that high. PLR already produces several IWI platforms and Adani's new factory is operational

2cr for 4 Quads from Tonbo seems pricey AF. A lot more expensive than EOTech's or L3 Harris quads at ~$40k

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag
Any idea why they're taking that long to deliver? If only the OG Para SF units are getting these, the numbers shouldn't be that high. PLR already produces several IWI platforms and Adani's new factory is operational
Because they don't only have Paras order to deliver they have to deliver to Marcos,Paras and export and God knows who has ordered it or testing it some Brazilian forces use Arads too Adani is delivering alot of equipment to the world because of Israel war guy probably swims in cash after the conflict started if he wasn't swimming on it before

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag
2cr for 4 Quads from Tonbo seems pricey AF. A lot more expensive than EOTech's or L3 Harris quads at ~$40k
Tonbo one is 4784900 rs per unit with taxes and with all accessories from helmet to whatever was involved that's around 57k $ so 17 K difference idk what's normally the price of helmets and accessories?

Zoid Raptor

Country flag
Tonbo one is 4784900 rs per unit with taxes and with all accessories from helmet to whatever was involved that's around 57k $ so 17 K difference idk what's normally the price of helmets and accessories?
EOTech or L3H's Quads for instance come with Remote Battery Pack, Connection Cable, Hard Storage Box, Padded Transport Case, Batteries, Lens Cleaning Kit included with the $40k and I assume it'd be the same with Tonbo's

The higher end of Team Wendy high cuts are ~$1600 ish including all the accessories mentioned in that bid notification. If they retrofit with an upgraded internal padded lining and 3.0 rail kit, that's ~$200 ish combined putting the whole thing under $2k

The whole point of going with an indigenous platform like Tonbo's is to improve and encourage the local defense industry assuming they're getting a similar or slightly inferior product for a relatively lower price compared to their western counterparts. Not to mention, I still quite don't understand these piecemeal orders in absurdly low quantities

Last edited:

ALBY

Section Moderator
Country flag
Offtopic; I was going through the recent Myanmar civil war videos in insta and find tons of videos where the rebels are using cheap drones to drop grenades or mortar shells pinpointedly over myanmar army.We had alternate saw these demonic things are capable of in ongoing Ukraine war.Nowdays every tom dick and harry is turning to drones it will be in no time reaching the bad boys in Kashmir and Naxal belt.God save our boys.

Zoid Raptor

Country flag
Offtopic; I was going through the recent Myanmar civil war videos in insta and find tons of videos where the rebels are using cheap drones to drop grenades or mortar shells pinpointedly over myanmar army.We had alternate saw these demonic things are capable of in ongoing Ukraine war.Nowdays every tom dick and harry is turning to drones it will be in no time reaching the bad boys in Kashmir and Naxal belt.God save our boys.
If terrorists and pakis from across the border intend to resort to such acts, they very well know we can retaliate with similar tactics multifold while employing anti-drone systems at a mass scale. If they're found to be operating on our side of the border in hiding, IA & IAF should carpet bomb the shit outta that area with helo gunships and UCAVs instead of making our men walk straight into an ambush

1712029495948.png

Jedi Operator

Country flag
I see that happening by 2030. You see India-Pakistan proxy now if it happens to the next level, would be lots of cease fire violations and BAT teams using drones for offensive operations.

rkhanna

Country flag
If terrorists and pakis from across the border intend to resort to such acts, they very well know we can retaliate with similar tactics multifold while employing anti-drone systems at a mass scale. If they're found to be operating on our side of the border in hiding, IA & IAF should carpet bomb the shit outta that area with helo gunships and UCAVs instead of making our men walk straight into an ambush

View attachment 246688
Carpet Bomb inside Indian territory? suggest you do some research on the how and why of the Air ROE we have in Kashmir.

Articles