Indian Special Forces

Kumaoni

Its about developing a sense of things..which is just like you and me talking on this forum without any military service but still talking more sense than who have served.
About this service superiority complex (my new invention).

It very well exists in america. You’ll be surpised many american vets lack tech knowledge, it’s just they have a higher frequency of technically sound officers than IA.

But then again, many IA soldiers come from poverty, can’t blame them.

26596793-D48C-4B27-BFAB-E99CF752E3B2.png

Zoid Raptor

Country flag
Most americans who join army or marines have weapons at home and are active in hunting,airsoft or playing video games of third person shooting type.

Their aptitiude and Indian jawans aptitude are two very very different things.
I disagree. Your view might be perceived from what you see on social media and the internet but % of vets who were part of regular non-SF units honing their skills post discharge are <10% at best. Even that ~10% are mostly vets who transitioned into the local city/county police or some other state/federal armed unit or part of the National Guard. Visit any regular indoor gun range and majority of them are civilian enthusiasts rather than vets

The gun culture and ease of acquiring a gun is rampant in the US and having weapons at home does not equate to having the aptitude. Visit any black or latino dominated hood and everyone has a handgun. Heck you can get an AR like PSA or BCA for as low as $400 indicating the availability of opportunities if someone wants to learn or upskill but that doesn't resonate to the mentality or aptitude of an average US vet from their Indian counterpart. Structural reforms at the officer level is all that's needed to start with to clearly define the mandate and responsibility of each unit and train them in accordance instead of throwing numbers

Zoid Raptor

Country flag
PSA has been doing a damn good job lately. More refined designs albeit with some doubtful QC.
PSA is good for starters. Their ARs' from what I heard last around 9-10k rounds which is decent for the price and something to practice with but you can get Sig (M400) or FNs' for a slightly higher price

The basics of getting into ARs' as an enthusiast is developing muscle memory. If someone actually wants to learn the skill and intend spend money on tactical training classes, I'd go with something from the Daniel Defense's arsenal or the likes...it's over 3 times the price but absolutely worth every penny

Kumaoni

Is anyone privy with the information about Shekatkar Committee's reccommendations especially in SF/Special Operations domain? I've heard that Army is being pushed to take action in that direction more than ever before.
so after getting your asses humiliated by some inbreds that can’t even hold an ak properly you then take action? lol

Articles