Indian Special Forces

Corvus Splendens

Country flag

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
It's about time this group unanimously agrees Paras aren't SF anymore since the original SF units were in a dire state to begin with and merging them with regular Paratrooper units is the dumbest move ever. It's not the Para SF community which needs to be reformed since most operators are regular Ramu Shamu type guys hailing from villages and small towns to earn some bread for their fams. IA will continue to use Paras at least for the next decade in CI/CT ops despite RR being the designated unit for such ops and plans to eventually handover the valley to CRPF. It's the officer class coming outta IMA which should be truly reformed to educate them that warfare isn't simply throwing more guys into a fight. Since we're suckers for goras, maybe hire a few white instructors to teach them strategy and tactics

Unfortunately I don't expect IA to change in this regard and it'd be better we hope AFSOD comes to fruition and is formulated and led by folks from IN so that they become a formidable force along with Marcos which GoI can rely on for ops outside our borders
Para SF is basically the shoulder to the firing guy which is the Army commander.

Incompetence of Infantry is the reason whether we like it or not that the SF has to do a Super infantry job.

Army commanders also have no choice..its like to kill 3 terrorist use infantry and get X number of casualties or to use Para and reduce the casualties.

Basically we have incompetent RR and infantry units sorry to burst the bubble.

Lack of training,lack of budget of infantry and the selection of poor aptitiude jawans and officers is the key.

Army is not a profession that you come to secure your pension or to get a nice girl to marry in your town or village..Army is a aptitude based profession.

we lack in everything inculding quality of men.

You watch foreign SF jawans on youtube and they will talk more sense than Major Jacob i am really sorry to say.

JConline

Country flag
Intresting Not Airsoft but still something Imported or Chinese?
I had a gel blaster back home and after coming to the US, I got myself a 13 inch keymod gas blowback M4 and good god is it amazing. Also did some upgrades to it, with some real steel parts and a precision inner barrel. The thing shoots like a laser beam and the recoil is satisfying af. It's amazing how realistic it feels. It has every functionality of the real deal. One of the best parts of being in the US honestly.

Kumaoni

I disagree, in the book Full Spectrum India's wars 1972-2020, the author mentions that 2 Para was deployed in Kashmir in 2001 (so even I was wrong here). They had little success and several casualties so they were asked to be pulled back. They trained again and this time got deployed with MARCOS since 2002-2003. I think they were used a little in Kargil, then they were sent to Sierra Leone in the year 2000, while the rest of their battalion was training and then got sent to Kashmir
Yah u are correct, under Col Gurdeep Bains they are deployed. IN 2001 they eliminated 21 teerorosts and by the end of their tenure in 2004 (i think) they killed close to 83 with 9 fatalities on their side.

Kumaoni

I disagree, in the book Full Spectrum India's wars 1972-2020, the author mentions that 2 Para was deployed in Kashmir in 2001 (so even I was wrong here). They had little success and several casualties so they were asked to be pulled back. They trained again and this time got deployed with MARCOS since 2002-2003. I think they were used a little in Kargil, then they were sent to Sierra Leone in the year 2000, while the rest of their battalion was training and then got sent to Kashmir
They did very high tempo ops in 2002
C18447D5-911C-436D-8CEF-8E4C73B7B1AF.jpeg

Kumaoni

Our Para SF should be at world Top 5 India a Big country Big population Surrounded with Big Enemies Faced 5 wars and 2 Big insurgencies whole country proudly says we have world Top 4 strong army but look at Para SF tied them to insurgency operations Army Genrols ki kya Vision hai Para SF k related If We can't properly modernise 5k men from 13 lac army Forget About Afsod Para SF Regiment is need of the hour
gernols don’t understand what sf is used for. They are just used as line infantry in 2023 bforget about super infantry

Kumaoni

Para SF is basically the shoulder to the firing guy which is the Army commander.

Incompetence of Infantry is the reason whether we like it or not that the SF has to do a Super infantry job.

Army commanders also have no choice..its like to kill 3 terrorist use infantry and get X number of casualties or to use Para and reduce the casualties.

Basically we have incompetent RR and infantry units sorry to burst the bubble.

Lack of training,lack of budget of infantry and the selection of poor aptitiude jawans and officers is the key.

Army is not a profession that you come to secure your pension or to get a nice girl to marry in your town or village..Army is a aptitude based profession.

we lack in everything inculding quality of men.

You watch foreign SF jawans on youtube and they will talk more sense than Major Jacob i am really sorry to say.
hmmm

Well if we look at data, the LC units used to take causalties dealing with infiltrating parties not so long ago, in 2023 they killed half total terrorists and took no casualties 🤔. At least LC units are rather competent, but the RR, not sure what we can say about them because they were also caught in shitty ass circumstances by the paff.

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag
I had a gel blaster back home and after coming to the US, I got myself a 13 inch keymod gas blowback M4 and good god is it amazing. Also did some upgrades to it, with some real steel parts and a precision inner barrel. The thing shoots like a laser beam and the recoil is satisfying af. It's amazing how realistic it feels. It has every functionality of the real deal. One of the best parts of being in the US honestly.
That sure sounds lots of fun tbh.

Corvus Splendens

Country flag
God bless you dude I was searching for good gifts that I could gift to my nephew and you pulled up with the best thing. One question - have you ever ordered stuff from this site ? If so how was the experience and the final product quality ?
Two anime cosplayers I know purchased from this site. The finish and detail on the guns is pretty good.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles