Indian Special Forces

Jedi Operator

Country flag
My respect for his sacifice and service.

however,the comments on modernisation and upgrading is sooo basic.

In his words all the money is available to modernise so basically the problem is SF officers having little education
I agree, I liked the way he desribed the operations, the fact that they use guys who'd have their NSG tenure to conduct urban warfare ops but even I did not agree with that thing he said about modernization. It's not less education so to speak but more focus on the humanitiees side. The Navy's all technical and you see guys making their own versions of Chat GPT, infact I attended an online seminar on AI by the Indian Navy last year I guess and it was better than my expectations. They had called experts from IIT and elsewhere and were asking questions also. No doubt MARCOs is so well equipped. Also Capt Albert Luis from 9 Para was in the Signals and also belives that our SF should be better equipped. He operated in the same time as Brig Thakur was, probably CO of 9, during his time. I see this more of a generational and cultural gap than anything. What's the use of NDA if you still have different style of thinking here and there between services

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
I agree, I liked the way he desribed the operations, the fact that they use guys who'd have their NSG tenure to conduct urban warfare ops but even I did not agree with that thing he said about modernization. It's not less education so to speak but more focus on the humanitiees side. The Navy's all technical and you see guys making their own versions of Chat GPT, infact I attended an online seminar on AI by the Indian Navy last year I guess and it was better than my expectations. They had called experts from IIT and elsewhere and were asking questions also. No doubt MARCOs is so well equipped. Also Capt Albert Luis from 9 Para was in the Signals and also belives that our SF should be better equipped. He operated in the same time as Brig Thakur was, probably CO of 9, during his time. I see this more of a generational and cultural gap than anything. What's the use of NDA if you still have different style of thinking here and there between services
Its all comes down to education and exposure..Whatever u said about the Navy is possible only coz of higher education levels.

Jedi Operator

Country flag
Guys at the unit don't like brig. that much, they call him selfish and corrupt. So much so he never stepped a foot in the unit after he was done with commanding it.
how do you know that though ? He said he remains in touch in this interveiw. Also in the previous one he mentioned at one point, all of the unit was lead by NCOs and JCOs when he decided to give all the offciers some time off the field on their request. It's hard to belive such a guy would be hated by the unit, the men in particular.

airborneCommando

Country flag
how do you know that though ? He said he remains in touch in this interveiw. Also in the previous one he mentioned at one point, all of the unit was lead by NCOs and JCOs when he decided to give all the offciers some time off the field on their request. It's hard to belive such a guy would be hated by the unit, the men in particular.
Source - my very close relative who served under brig thakur's tenure as the CO. Whatever he's saying is true, but it wasn't him who did it, he's just good at self-PR.

Indrajit

Country flag
Source - my very close relative who served under brig thakur's tenure as the CO. Whatever he's saying is true, but it wasn't him who did it, he's just good at self-PR.
With all due respect and understanding it is your relative saying it, doesn't mean the rest of us can make a value judgment of who among the two is in the right.

airborneCommando

Country flag
With all due respect and understanding it is your relative saying it, doesn't mean the rest of us can make a value judgment of who among the two is in the right.
You're right moreover i believe there's no point in posting this irrelevant shit i wrote, sincerest apologies

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles