Indian Special Forces

kaboom

Country flag
Another day another happy update thank you for that mku ones are all indegenious right?
Nah , they say they have but i don't think they have such RnD capability .... they have production capability though (idk if they produce their own tubes or import , i think they import )
They have a jv with Thales so most probably they are just piggybacking upon them

1702551720253.png

1702551752614.png

jai jaganath

Country flag
View attachment 232731
Commies are testing products from private manufacturers
Para sf really need to upgrade themselves

Infact loved the setup of pla sof
Again most importantly these things are indigenous to them
They truly moving towards their western counterparts
The c clamping is getting very common in their propaganda videos

But I haven't met any Chinese sof enthusiasts on internet nor forums nor sm

itsme

Country flag
Nah , they say they have but i don't think they have such RnD capability .... they have production capability though (idk if they produce their own tubes or import , i think they import )
They have a jv with Thales so most probably they are just piggybacking upon them

View attachment 232725
View attachment 232726
MKU Quads? Dont see it on their website. Can someone post a pic?

ManhattanProject

Country flag
Para sf really need to upgrade themselves

Infact loved the setup of pla sof
Again most importantly these things are indigenous to them
They truly moving towards their western counterparts
The c clamping is getting very common in their propaganda videos

But I haven't met any Chinese sof enthusiasts on internet nor forums nor sm
They get their R&D from the US civilian market, alot of US tactical kit, optics etc makers outsource their manufacturing to China for a cheaper pricetag in the US. Just look at HoloSun, they copied the US Tech and now make one of the most reputed optics brands in the world, even whole countries have opted for them in their procurement.

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag

View attachment 232725
View attachment 232726
Aha I see still better than getting from foreign firms even Tonbo imports tubes I think.

DIE UwU

Country flag
Maybe the cost. Quad Nods like EOTech or L3Harris cost north of $40k while bi-nods typically range ~$10k
Those prices you mentioned are for civilian market for individual pieces.
For military units the cost of procuring quad tubes in bulk will be around $7-8k per piece at most.

Zoid Raptor

Country flag
Those prices you mentioned are for civilian market for individual pieces.
For military units the cost of procuring quad tubes in bulk will be around $7-8k per piece at most.
Do you have a source for that claim because no sane company would be willing to chop off the prices by 80% for bulk orders

The Sig 716 for instance was ordered by IA at $90M for the initial batch of 72400 rifles and a follow on order of $100M for 70000 rifles which puts it at ~$1200 and ~$1400 each respectively. On the civilian market, it's priced between $1250-1500 indicating IA hardly got any volume discount

Janes Sig-716 IA

AK-203 civilian prices in the US are ~$800 while our deal was to import the initial 20k rifles from Russia at $1100 each with a several reports putting the Amethi manufactured rifles anywhere between $800-1000 ea

https://theprint.in/defence/ak-203-...d-when-putin-comes-calling-next-month/770625/

Zoid Raptor

Country flag
NSG and MARCOs definitely do, I guess Para SF spend time dry firing 🤣
Do they practice with ball (training) ammo or use the regular hollow point? Ball is probably 1/3rd the cost of hollow point and shouldn't make a difference for putting holes on a paper with slightly less recoil

DIE UwU

Country flag
Do you have a source for that claim because no sane company would be willing to chop off the prices by 80% for bulk orders

The Sig 716 for instance was ordered by IA at $90M for the initial batch of 72400 rifles and a follow on order of $100M for 70000 rifles which puts it at ~$1200 and ~$1400 each respectively. On the civilian market, it's priced between $1250-1500 indicating IA hardly got any volume discount

Janes Sig-716 IA

AK-203 civilian prices in the US are ~$800 while our deal was to import the initial 20k rifles from Russia at $1100 each with a several reports putting the Amethi manufactured rifles anywhere between $800-1000 ea

https://theprint.in/defence/ak-203-...d-when-putin-comes-calling-next-month/770625/
I think it was trex arms who said that his friends in ranger regiment and GB told him that each unit cost around 10k or less for them.
That was 3-4 years ago, at that time it was mainly
L3 harris producing those for white seals and gb , since then many companies around the globe started making those and many countries started purchasing them as well, so I thought you have to cut the prices down if you want to survive the competition.
Also the price was also because how tightly regulated it was for civilian market and if I am not wrong companies or buyer had to take special permission to acquire them as well,even if you had 40 k ,it was not easy to purchase for civilian.
Anybody from US in this forum might be able to provide more insights.

Jedi Operator

Country flag
Do they practice with ball (training) ammo or use the regular hollow point? Ball is probably 1/3rd the cost of hollow point and shouldn't make a difference for putting holes on a paper with slightly less recoil
no idea, all I heard was training with live ammo

Latest Replies

Global Defence

Articles