Indian Special Forces

kaboom

Country flag
Gulf War ?
Also the War in Rohdesia had much to contribute to the Jungle warfare training. Also I'd credit modern day CQB largly to the Northern Ireland insurgency
Yeah, i keep forgetting about the Bush war . It was a shame that Rhodesia lost that war .

Jedi Operator

Country flag
Yeah, i keep forgetting about the Bush war . It was a shame that Rhodesia lost that war .
how did CQB tactics evolve in the Gulf War, like 1990-91 ? Never heard much about counter terrorism or urban warfare from those times

mupper2

Country flag
Seems like SBS and possibly SAS only train with a select few tier-I outfits from DEVGRU, Delta, NZ SAS and Aussies (considered a tier lower). Don't see Japs or Koreans being mentioned

https://youtube.com/shorts/ufjhpD6ZGoM?si=AHAgve7y3hzIu63b
He's cranking some balls there, The Aussie bit is banter, they have lateral transfers between the UKSF and the SASR, they have permanent embeds in each others units etc.
I don't know where he's going with UKSF only train with the yanks etc....that's demonstrably false, this year alone they've been in Norway, Greece, Estonia, Poland and a few others on exercise with the host units.
You have to remember a lot of what these guys say is based on the idea that no one bar the US can match UKSF...that hasn't really been accurate in 2 decades.

Jedi Operator

Country flag
He's cranking some balls there, The Aussie bit is banter, they have lateral transfers between the UKSF and the SASR, they have permanent embeds in each others units etc.
I don't know where he's going with UKSF only train with the yanks etc....that's demonstrably false, this year alone they've been in Norway, Greece, Estonia, Poland and a few others on exercise with the host units.
You have to remember a lot of what these guys say is based on the idea that no one bar the US can match UKSF...that hasn't really been accurate in 2 decades.
I never heard him say they only train with so and so. He more specifically said, "we only work with" That could be considered to operate with or to augment so and so units. Like they do that only with US and commonwealth yankee nations like NZ and Australia

DumbPilot

Country flag
how did CQB tactics evolve in the Gulf War, like 1990-91 ? Never heard much about counter terrorism or urban warfare from those times
I don't think there were much CQB going on in the 90s. In the operations post Iraqi Freedom(2003) - sure. AFAIK post Desert Storm(1991) there wasn't much to be done. Almost all of Iraqi regular + conscript force had been flattened in the 5 days they fought

Jedi Operator

Country flag
I don't think there were much CQB going on in the 90s. In the operations post Iraqi Freedom(2003) - sure. AFAIK post Desert Storm(1991) there wasn't much to be done. Almost all of Iraqi regular + conscript force had been flattened in the 5 days they fought
That's exactly mu point bruh. I am questioning his claims as to how did modern CQB came from Gulf War, infact 70% of CQB tactics from SAS's success in Northern Ireland and the rest developed along the way in the 1980s by various units. Then during 1990s, technology became more precise to do CQB operations but wasnt until GWOT that we got to see more significant changes

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag
Guy is kind of public figure now and at that time the Aussie thing was going on so Aussie one is just him trying to be politically correct and not be cancelled

mupper2

Country flag
I never heard him say they only train with so and so. He more specifically said, "we only work with" That could be considered to operate with or to augment so and so units. Like they do that only with US and commonwealth yankee nations like NZ and Australia
Still a bit dodgy

kaboom

Country flag
It was only after the battle of Fallujah that CQB tactics began to be taught to infantry .Also I may be wrong but the general cqb tactics moved from stack to more of a Y formation that proved to be more effective . Also it validated the effectiveness of newer methods .
This is a good paper i read a while back ,

Attachments

Articles