Indian Special Forces

abingdonboy

Country flag
This guy says there's around 400 operators at any point of time in the SAS. This seems kinda low but also ensures quality compared to ours which number in the thousands

https://youtube.com/shorts/1UEkFM_izNU?si=lRexhOQmY0rfrTJK
The U.K. is a tiny country really, the entire British army is around ~70,000 these days, that’s less than even 1 corps of the Indian army

SAS/CAG and even DEVGRU are very small in number and very small communities hence why they cross pollinate very easily and make changes much quicker. Indian solution is always to throw numbers at problems- I remember after pathankot and 26/11 the knee jerk response was to increase the manpower strength of Garuds and MARCOs respectively. Some reports after Pathankot said Garuds were doubling their strength

abingdonboy

Country flag
GROM is definitely one of the finest special operations unit in europe .
But I would not count koreans as the best.
If I remember correctly, they are all show and nothing else.
They have shitty higher brass just like our para sf which are not willing to learn and provide freedom for unit to operate and improve.
I have heard seals that they were disappointed at koreans.
Also there was korean sf operator interview posted here months or maybe year ago where he talked about bad situation of their sf.
There’s a ex Korean SF who works for Mike glover now and he’s mentioned that their military is treated like trash by higher echelons, they wouldn’t even give them practice tourniquets. Typical Asian hierarchy BS.

that said they’ve got the full support of daddy America so by pure osmosis they are probably very capable

Jedi Operator

Country flag
It was only after the battle of Fallujah that CQB tactics began to be taught to infantry .Also I may be wrong but the general cqb tactics moved from stack to more of a Y formation that proved to be more effective . Also it validated the effectiveness of newer methods .
This is a good paper i read a while back ,
bro by stating gulf war I thought you mentioned 1990s one!!
Considering 2003 onwards, then I agree with all that. But....if we may trace to the oldest post Fairbairn stylepistol shooting and the beginning of modern day CQB then that started in Aden, followed till Northern Ireland. The SAS imporvised during Iranian Embessy Siege and developed dynamic entery by that. The concept of overlapping, stun grenades, dynamic entery, strongwall, double-taps, heavy side all were developed way before. The regular infantry was not really trained for those things back in the US until Fallujah happened and gave them a reality check. They combined CQB with the realistic nature of CI/CT ops so they called it MOUT training (Millitary Operations in Urban Terrain). This helped them alot in Afghansitan too.

Jedi Operator

Country flag
The U.K. is a tiny country really, the entire British army is around ~70,000 these days, that’s less than even 1 corps of the Indian army

SAS/CAG and even DEVGRU are very small in number and very small communities hence why they cross pollinate very easily and make changes much quicker. Indian solution is always to throw numbers at problems- I remember after pathankot and 26/11 the knee jerk response was to increase the manpower strength of Garuds and MARCOs respectively. Some reports after Pathankot said Garuds were doubling their strength
Garuds actually did increase a little. As for MARCOs they've been around 700 ever since early 2000s. So pretty stable

DIE UwU

Country flag
most but many of members were alive with pinned napkins on their sweaters, oiled and combed hair while their mothers stuffing jam roti into their mouth. Two of the members were in late 20's or early 30's I believe.
So I'm not the creepy old man here...good good.
Ain't no way. 💀💀
I thought all of you guys are in 20's or early 30's.
I am not even 18 yet .
I thought I was stuck between bhaiyas.
Lekin ap log to uncle log nikla.

AnantS

Country flag
Ain't no way. 💀💀
I am not even 18 yet .
You should not be on this forum but should be studying. these forums like these mainly came to existence as refuge for people who were interested in defense sector but are (mostly)having career other than what was envisaged. You have the time to make your dream practical. Go outside.

jai jaganath

Country flag
Ain't no way. 💀💀
I am not even 18 yet .
Mate same here joined when I was in 10th std
Only for one reason that is sof
Later different interests emerged
The reason I tilted towards defence related topics is only bcoz sof

DIE UwU

Country flag
You should not be on this forum but should be studying. these forums like these mainly came to existence as refuge for people who were interested in defense sector but are (mostly)having career other than what was envisaged. You have the time to make your dream practical. Go outside.
Already in a pretty good college.
Spend mostly 15-20 mins here everyday.
I do go outside.
Its just a hobby bro chill.

DIE UwU

Country flag
Bhai ye to sach main unkil nikla.

Articles