Indian Special Forces

Jedi Operator

Country flag
Pretty Sure there is a Module on Basic Infantry Training before Special Weapons (maybe now rolled into one.

Also AFAI Remember the Land Warfare Module used to be seperate from Airborne Training - Because Marcos does Airborne Training to jump into Blue Waters as well.

Egress and ingress from Subs i assume would be part of On the Job Training once they deploy to the teams?
1stly the basic infantry like training is given in 2nd Phase, it's similar to BUD/S 1st and 3rd phase. So like you'd mud crawl and learn weapons handling, you will paddle boats onto shore and do an OTB exactly as you're taught. Any mistake and your team gets to pull the boat over their heads like in BUD/S and perform the evolution again. In between down-times during land navigation training, they'd rest doing push-ups or log PT or out in the surf. When tierd they'd be in classrooms learning navigation and first aid. So you can say by the end of Land phase, the MARCO students are pretty well versed in basic infantry like stuff....more like at par with the Ghataks.

MARCOs still train to jump in water, I was reading Dick Couch's The Finshing School - he said that a week before their graduation, SQT SEALs, have to not only perform well in full mission profiles (on land) but also have a water jump qualification. And NSWTTC being in Goa and one Navy parachuting camp is at Goa as well, the Navy skydiving team is at Vizag INS Dega if I'm not wrong.

Yes the egress and ingressfrom Submarines is part of the later phase, but for basic operations in chariot as I have heard they do it in this phase

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag
So it's like this

2/3 weeks -Build up phase (similar to BUD/S indoc & CD Aptitude)
Then selection starts

Phase 1 Combat Diving Phase 10 weeks - (similar to CD training and BUD/S Dive Phase)
Phase 2 Land & Amphibious Phase 10 weeks - ( think of it like a combo of BUD/S 1st and 3rd Phase)
Phase 3 Special Weapons & Tactics 10-12 weeks - ( includes 3 weeks of Static Line Parachuting in Agra, Jungle warfare, survival course, 4 weeks counter terrorism training (mainly ship and oil rig takedown), basic driving, operating a 2 man chariot and escape and evasion)

After that, those who want to do sniping, got there, MARCOs no longer do CIJW I guess, HAWS maybee yes (prior to Kashmir deployment - part of their pre-deployment workup) and HAHO/HALO yes later on only those who want to or those who do the SDV course)
I have 2 questions do marcos have something like SAS jungle and Mountain phase ? And how does navy/marcos go on about K9 units?

Jedi Operator

Country flag

Wtf is custom AK 47 with multiple uppers
Answering the question on AK with multiple uppers -
"Essa word salad banayo ki chabaya hi na jaye"

Jokes apart, this guy always has to cope for para SF. Wonder why he doesnt talk about weapon safety when Para guys try to pose with weapons aiming at their heads for aesthetics I belive? Or are they trying to tell us they're bulletproof

Last edited:

Jedi Operator

Country flag
Man these Navy seal demos are so much more casual and fun than ours.
That's DJ Shipley's dad right? Honestly we need people who are ex millitary and on a buisness of hunting fake stolen valour guys.
The demo given to an audience of people that might include those who live in and around the area and those who are immediate family members and invited state personal might be fun but their actual demo is very formal like ours

Plus it's more focused on SOF in general. The MARCOs demo was a small projection of Navy's capability at Navy Day and that's it. By the way Don Shipley is a funny guy and I love his "big trouble" stories. Trust me, many ex MARCOs are like that. And yes we do have these kind of demos too, almost everyone does. There was a similar video of Malaysian Paskal I tried searching for it in my likes, seemes like it has been deleted

airborneCommando

Country flag
Then why not all para units utilize the same kit for urban operations ? We saw 1 para and 4 para recently in south kashmir...compare them with 9 para in kulgam, sunjwan and bann toll plaza. The only thing that got recently standardized were the communication sets and network, uavs and k9s. Baaki aesthetics ki baat karein toh non-uniformity bhi agar achchi kit mei ho toh bhi dhang ke special forces operator lagte hain.