Indian Special Forces

Jedi Operator

Country flag
I think Indians on reddit usi and randia definitely has some problems especially usi when soilders were not equipped they shat on them and now saw someone comment wannabe navy seals or something god these people can't decide what they want
they want to look good

rkhanna

Country flag
Honestly both randia and randia speaks are eco-chambers filled with degenerates.
One is extreme left another is extreme right.
Indian janta on reddit are full of entitled assholes who don't know shit.
Why reddit only. I see this everywhere I go. This Forum is living proof on its own.

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag
Alot of MARCOS selection is patterened on BDS and the Royal Marine Selection course.
Yea I can see that even uniforms look similar and navy guys are kinda bulky I like that didn't 2 marcos guys passed buds when it was still marine commando and came back and upgraded the process here?

Kumaoni

Honestly both randia and randia speaks are eco-chambers filled with degenerates.
One is extreme left another is extreme right.
Indian janta on reddit are full of entitled assholes who don't know shit.
randia spraks is not right wing at all

Jedi Operator

Country flag
Seems alot similar to BUDS
somewhat...yes. The Combat Diving Course is just the shorter version of CD
Then the MARCOs phase is like this. You see in UKSF, the challenge is that students have to live amongst the discomfort of the jungle and still try to focus and learn new SOPs that the cadre teaches them.

MARCOs guys use the suck up factor simialr to SEALs, mud crawls, running with logs, boats and swimming and surf torture and all to let them suck, then teach them SOPs. The goal of BUD/S is make it suck and SQTs build them up. Total would be 12 months long. The goal of UKSF selection is to see whose fit and self motivated enough and then to see who is comfortable with learning the regiments SOps (major cause of recruits failing in jungle phase and later is that they are used to their prior millitary service and are aged.) MARCOs course is 7-8 month long now - in total. So it's like a combo of both.

Jedi Operator

Country flag
Yea I can see that even uniforms look similar and navy guys are kinda bulky I like that didn't 2 marcos guys passed buds when it was still marine commando and came back and upgraded the process here?
2 MARCO officers and an NCO were sent to BUD/S in 1987. But for some reason, only 2 wear the Trident. I dont know if Ajay Thapa was the NCO who went with Lt Arvind Singh but Cap Arun Bahuguna went later, joined navy later I guess

Jedi Operator

Country flag
That does not include the HAHO/HALO + CIJW + other courses (HAWS etc) right ?
So it's like this

2/3 weeks -Build up phase (similar to BUD/S indoc & CD Aptitude)
Then selection starts

Phase 1 Combat Diving Phase 10 weeks - (similar to CD training and BUD/S Dive Phase)
Phase 2 Land & Amphibious Phase 10 weeks - ( think of it like a combo of BUD/S 1st and 3rd Phase)
Phase 3 Special Weapons & Tactics 10-12 weeks - ( includes 3 weeks of Static Line Parachuting in Agra, Jungle warfare, survival course, 4 weeks counter terrorism training (mainly ship and oil rig takedown), basic driving, operating a 2 man chariot and escape and evasion)

After that, those who want to do sniping, got there, MARCOs no longer do CIJW I guess, HAWS maybee yes (prior to Kashmir deployment - part of their pre-deployment workup) and HAHO/HALO yes later on only those who want to or those who do the SDV course)

rkhanna

Country flag
2 MARCO officers and an NCO were sent to BUD/S in 1987. But for some reason, only 2 wear the Trident. I dont know if Ajay Thapa was the NCO who went with Lt Arvind Singh but Cap Arun Bahuguna went later, joined navy later I guess
Btw the CD School - (1950s) was set up by the SBS and I always thought all 3 got Tridents and also successfully completed both buds and their stint with the RMC/SBS

Jedi Operator

Country flag
Btw the CD School - (1950s) was set up by the SBS and I always thought all 3 got Tridents and also successfully completed both buds and their stint with the RMC/SBS
Ya have read that in Chris Ryan's The Encylopedia of the World's Special Forces. So if an ex Brit SF guy is writing that, must be true. It was set up in 1950s, read Operation X also, that tells that after 1971, weapons training was also imparted at Diving shcool

rkhanna

Country flag
So it's like this

2/3 weeks -Build up phase (similar to BUD/S indoc & CD Aptitude)
Then selection starts

Phase 1 Combat Diving Phase 10 weeks - (similar to CD training and BUD/S Dive Phase)
Phase 2 Land & Amphibious Phase 10 weeks - ( think of it like a combo of BUD/S 1st and 3rd Phase)
Phase 3 Special Weapons & Tactics 10-12 weeks - ( includes 3 weeks of Static Line Parachuting in Agra, Jungle warfare, survival course, 4 weeks counter terrorism training (mainly ship and oil rig takedown), basic driving, operating a 2 man chariot and escape and evasion)

After that, those who want to do sniping, got there, MARCOs no longer do CIJW I guess, HAWS maybee yes (prior to Kashmir deployment - part of their pre-deployment workup) and HAHO/HALO yes later on only those who want to or those who do the SDV course)
Pretty Sure there is a Module on Basic Infantry Training before Special Weapons (maybe now rolled into one.

Also AFAI Remember the Land Warfare Module used to be seperate from Airborne Training - Because Marcos does Airborne Training to jump into Blue Waters as well.

Egress and ingress from Subs i assume would be part of On the Job Training once they deploy to the teams?