Indian Special Forces

JConline

Country flag
1st HCBs were bought by 1 para followed by 9 and then marcos.

The kit you saw with marcos is their current goal to standardise throughout the force, except for the camo which will be used as per their operational area, apart from that, para regiment's goal is to make all SF elements to have the kit we saw in SFTS, Vajra Prahar, 12 Para SF promo and various recent pics.
P.S- The autist in me wants to make a kit breakdown so bad but ive got irl goals that limit me from doing so lmao.
Works for me. It makes sense that the higher end of the spectrum, 9, 10, 4, 21 Para SF get the good kit standardized and the rest get the Vajra Prahar or SFTS kit standardized. Btw, could someone please tag those posts about the SFTS and 12 Para SF promo videos?

airborneCommando

Country flag
Haha that's why I asked first if u had the liberty just ask for permission.
Although ive got some tea to spill, the current strategic sort of tier 1 ish mandate had been given to a unit within the marcos. Apart from that a few Para SF units are legit buying x95s and tata BNVDs alongside better ppe than std issue. Take this with a truckload amt of salt (or maybe sugar).

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag
Although ive got some tea to spill, the current strategic sort of tier 1 ish mandate had been given to a unit within the marcos. Apart from that a few Para SF units are legit buying x95s and tata BNVDs alongside better ppe than std issue. Take this with a truckload amt of salt (or maybe sugar).
Bhrata you just make the day better and better still kinda mehh about x95 but whatever I will sleep good tonight.

jai jaganath

Country flag
1st HCBs were bought by 1 para followed by 9 and then marcos.

The kit you saw with marcos is their current goal to standardise throughout the force, except for the camo which will be used as per their operational area, apart from that, para regiment's goal is to make all SF elements to have the kit we saw in SFTS, Vajra Prahar, 12 Para SF promo and various recent pics.
P.S- The autist in me wants to make a kit breakdown so bad but ive got irl goals that limit me from doing so lmao.
Short memory
Can u list equipments which they want to standardize across all para sf units

jai jaganath

Country flag
Works for me. It makes sense that the higher end of the spectrum, 9, 10, 4, 21 Para SF get the good kit standardized and the rest get the Vajra Prahar or SFTS kit standardized. Btw, could someone please tag those posts about the SFTS and 12 Para SF promo videos?
What's the difference between
Good standardized kit vs vajra prahar or sfts kit
But recently 9 para sf kit in encounter was totally unexpected and better if they standardize those

JConline

Country flag
What's the difference between
Good standardized kit vs vajra prahar or sfts kit
But recently 9 para sf kit in encounter was totally unexpected and better if they standardize those
The Vajra Prahar and SFTS kit is mostly basics. The recent 9 Para kit was a well-rounded modern high-speed SOF loadout. That loadout should be standardized for the units that see more action while the rest can have the basics.

abingdonboy

Country flag
SRG is meant to do Anitterrorism and SAG meant for Counter Terrorism

The difference is this:

ANTITERRORISM (Role of SRG) Defensive measures used to reduce the vulnerability of personnel and facilities to terrorist acts. Such measures include guard patrols, vehicle barricades, and hardening targets, as well as the immediate actions taken by military and security forces following a terrorist attack. Also called “AT.”

COUNTERTERRORISM (Role of SAG) Offensive measures taken to deter, prevent, and respond to terrorism. These active measures include assaulting hostage barricade sites, retaking of hijacked vehicles, vessels, or aircraft, and direct action against terrorist personnel, support, and infrastructure. Also called “CT.” Special Action Group does it all, exept direct action, that's for the SF not a fedral unit.
In reality SRG was created because Netas got a fetish to be protected by ‘black cats’

SCGs kind of confuse the picture

abingdonboy

Country flag
Enough to make some grown men cry

but seriously:

1) proof the MARCO’s force modernisation office actually has competent staff, looking past multicam every other element here has been seen here and there by MARCOs over the last 2-3 years
2)it still really bothers me about Indian mil procurement that everything has to go through this drip drip process, as seen by the rest of the MARCOs this was more of a statement of intent than where MARCOs are as a force today. Still had plenty of guys running around in 2015 MARCOs spec, why the fk is standardisation so hard for an Indian unit? Not everything has to be jugaad at all times. X number of men= X number of equipment+ spares. It’s really simple stuff that every other profession can figure out.
3) at least with MARCOs you have the confidence that this isn’t all for show and there’s some logic behind all the equipment and that they can likely use most of it competently, the last few pages has shown the other two ‘SFs’ of India are utterly hopeless even if you give them some slightly newer equipment. The shooting stances of those Paras makes me want to vomit.
4) why can’t they just keep battle belts for all?

Latest Replies

New threads

Articles