Indian Special Forces

abingdonboy

Country flag

Nothing visible, but still
Full illumination of the landing zone and a huge target for a huge helo with its navigation lights on as the cherry on top

I just can’t see the threat here…

And before the ‘it’s just training’ trope comes out, you train as you fight. How can you expect to be ready for the real thing if you are ‘training’ this unseriously during peacetime?

The day is coming, the Chinese are going to inflict a lot of pain on LARPer generals

Kumaoni

Nothing visible, but still
>Illumination of the landing zone
Great way to get your men killed in an ambush, your Heli blown out of the air, and your enemy awake. All the enemy has to do is withdraw to proper firing positions and boom, your "mission" is compromised. 30 years in J and K and from my estimations, 20-30% of our KIA could be prevented with proper night fighting capabilities, and we would kill on average 50-60 more terrorists yearly. Indian "night fighting" is utterly pathetic.

Many times terrorists have killed a soldier or JCO or patrol party member and many times they have run away under the safety of darkness and IA can do NOTHING but wait till first light.

Kumaoni

Full illumination of the landing zone and a huge target for a huge helo with its navigation lights on as the cherry on top

And before the ‘it’s just training’ trope comes out, you train as you fight. How can you expect to be ready for the real thing if you are ‘training’ this unseriously during peacetime?

The day is coming, the Chinese are going to inflict a lot of pain on LARPer generals
Forget the threat, this is how you lose an assaulting force. Any enemy sentry will spot this and awake his men, and boom, 30 more coffins for the IA

Spadex

Country flag
>Illumination of the landing zone
Great way to get your men killed in an ambush, your Heli blown out of the air, and your enemy awake. All the enemy has to do is withdraw to proper firing positions and boom, your "mission" is compromised. 30 years in J and K and from my estimations, 20-30% of our KIA could be prevented with proper night fighting capabilities, and we would kill on average 50-60 more terrorists yearly. Indian "night fighting" is utterly pathetic.

Many times terrorists have killed a soldier or JCO or patrol party member and many times they have run away under the safety of darkness and IA can do NOTHING but wait till first light.
Before any ops they send a small recce party or pathfinder to sanitize military ops don't happen like MOH or COD they'll never drop them anywhere close to the target

Kumaoni

Before any ops they send a small recce party or pathfinder to sanitize military ops don't happen like MOH or COD they'll never drop them anywhere close to the target
I just don't see a helicopter op demonstrated like that in the video not seeing utter failure. You can spot them inserting their men from miles away. All u need is proper sentries and boom, its over. mission failed

rkhanna

Country flag

Delta did a similar Ex in LA.

Below link is a short clip of a Little bird flying below the skyline within the buildings

Kumaoni

Reading more into ops in Kashmir,
Has led me to realize one thing.

There is so much room for improvement. Instead of looking at the successes or end results, I look at the way it could have been done better and smoother. Yes, there were many ops which were done perfect, but also many ops which met success with unfortunate cas. To our side, which could have been prevented with snipers, night visions, better recon, etc etc

Last edited:

vidhwanshak

Country flag

The videos you shared do not prove your point.

Immanuel

Country flag
The videos you shared do not prove your point.
Them niggas be landing in fully lit areas :facepalm: these reference points become silly at times

When they try to land in complete darkness like during OBL raid like they leave behind a spanking new Uber stealthy helo for the Chinks, Pakis, Russians to investigate. Also US top tier units have among the worst helo incident history among such units.

Last edited:

Kumaoni

Them niggas be landing in fully lit areas :facepalm: these reference points become silly at times

When they try to land in complete darkness like during OBL raid like they leave behind a spanking new Uber stealthy helo for the Chinks, Pakis, Russians to investigate. Also US top tier units have among the worst helo incident history among such units.
Man between you and abingdonboy it’s quite funny to see how often you both always bring up usa even when it has nothing to do with anything.

fact is not all is green and yellow. US SF take 20-30% less cas than Indian sof by using helos compared to the standard LRPs which have resulted in IED ambushes, etc

rkhanna

Country flag
What an ignorant thing to say.

What is the Helo Crash rate per 1000 hours of active operations? How many operations are done in Denied Airspace at night? What is the operating ceiling of the operations when the crashes took place?

Immanuel

Country flag
Man between you and abingdonboy it’s quite funny to see how often you both always bring up usa even when it has nothing to do with anything.

fact is not all is green and yellow. US SF take 20-30% less cas than Indian sof by using helos compared to the standard LRPs which have resulted in IED ambushes, etc
Not sure where you get these numbers from, any data to back it up?

Indeed not Green or Yellow, more like Dudu Brown all around. Every unit has it's weaknesses and can be exploited by a clever enemy.

Kumaoni

Not sure where you get these numbers from, any data to back it up?

Indeed not Green or Yellow, more like Dudu Brown all around. Every unit has it's weaknesses and can be exploited by a clever enemy.
It’s a rough estimate.
Unlike what armchair genrols say paras have a rather low cas rate even in the most violent years in J and K (talking ab 21, 9, 10, and 1 ie the real SF). And the other btns which saw action (2,3,4,5,6 etc) also don’t have as high casualty rate and are even lower than their contemporaries.

But still it doesn’t beat the US whose cas rate is lower as they don’t don’t send patrols in hostile territory to get ambushed

and yes you are right about the last part

Immanuel

Country flag
What an ignorant thing to say.

What is the Helo Crash rate per 1000 hours of active operations? How many operations are done in Denied Airspace at night? What is the operating ceiling of the operations when the crashes took place?
Helo crash rate can be rather high and well a lot of well trained, experienced soldiers are lost to accidents not necessarily combat and while no one denies the need for helos, perhaps it isn't always the best option, it's always riskier. Also what denied airspace really has the US operated from since 2003. A little bit of googling will show you that the number of deaths, injuries and accidents that happen is pretty sad. The US loves to use it massive military pretty liberally with vast budgets. Perhaps they should ride up silent trained donkeys to save on costs.

Last edited:

rkhanna

Country flag
Helo crash rate can be rather high and well a lot of well trained, experienced soldiers are lost to accidents not necessarily combat and while no one denies the need for helos, perhaps it isn't always the best option, it's always riskier. Also what denied airspace really has the US operated from since 2003. A little bit of googling will show you that the number of deaths, injuries and accidents that happen is pretty sad. The US loves to use it massive military pretty liberally with vast budgets. Perhaps they should ride up silent trained donkeys to save on costs.
Stop dogging my questions with meandering nonsense.

I know you long enough to know you know exactly what i mean. Helo crashes without mentioning per 1000 hrs is pointless or any of the other points i mentioned. How big is the US fleet? How many Hrs does one Airframe spend up in the air in training ? On Active Ops? How much is in Denied Airspace? How much at night?

Air Crash rates without context is...... [you can finish this statement]

Kumaoni

Stop dogging my questions with meandering nonsense.

I know you long enough to know you know exactly what i mean. Helo crashes without mentioning per 1000 hrs is pointless or any of the other points i mentioned. How big is the US fleet? How many Hrs does one Airframe spend up in the air in training ? On Active Ops? How much is in Denied Airspace? How much at night?

Air Crash rates without context is...... [you can finish this statement]
Can’t pinpoint exact number but overreliance on attack helos has caused heavy cas amongst us forces in Afghanistan due to insurgents shooting it down with rockets

rkhanna

Country flag
Can’t pinpoint exact number but overreliance on attack helos has caused heavy cas amongst us forces in Afghanistan due to insurgents shooting it down with rockets
Son - If you take the losses as a % of their AirFleet in Theater X Number of hours spent in Combat you MAY well get a number comparable to other countries in peace time.

[Disclaimer - i dont know the answer]

But using incomplete data is just foolish.

Kumaoni

Son - If you take the losses as a % of their AirFleet in Theater X Number of hours spent in Combat you MAY well get a number comparable to other countries in peace time.

[Disclaimer - i dont know the answer]

But using incomplete data is just foolish.
Agreed here.

Articles