Indian Special Forces

ALBY

Section Moderator
Mod
Country flag
I have talked to a former 4 SIKH LI radio man and he mentioned how they had to pay exorbhitant amounts to some Jaipur depot to get things replaced(like chargers for the radio sets, which are the same as the ones found on older 2000s Sony cameras)
Forget chargers in police if you lose the spent casings you may get your punishment roll initiated.In my training we were really carrful withour weapons and bullets.I remember an instance during commando course where one blank catridge was lost and there was big ruckus

stat231

Country flag
Forget chargers in police if you lose the spent casings you may get your punishment roll initiated.In my training we were really carrful withour weapons and bullets.I remember an instance during commando course where one blank catridge was lost and there was big ruckus
Yes, I know someone in the police, who some 20 years back had to shoot at a criminal but 1 casing was not recovered and till this date he has not been promoted

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
Yes, I know someone in the police, who some 20 years back had to shoot at a criminal but 1 casing was not recovered and till this date he has not been promoted
It's unfortunate that these babu-era rules are still applicable to them. Why does it matter how many shell casings they lost or did not?

Kumaoni

true, especially wearing those Quads in daylight even before larpers did. Just wow. Also that guy carrying the XM250 back in 2002. Bhyi humne kabhi credit kyu nehi liya. Ye sara equipment DRDO ne banaya tha
Back in 2000 Indian sof/super infantry was top tier with world class officers and decent equipment. They deserved their own regiment

Kumaoni

Kumaoni

Walia was promoted as a captain on 11 June 1993,[5] and was awarded the Sena Medal in 1994 on two occasions for his gallantry while combating militancy in Jammu and Kashmir. In 1997, he was sent to the United States for a specialized course and got the first position. He also spoke at the Pentagon during this mission.[1] For his competence, he was respectfully called 'Colonel' during that course.
:salute:

skunk works

Country flag

Terrorists in Kashmir use something very similar to this to communicate in the valley .......
Anyone has some more info about their techniques
With OTP the biggest challenge is maintaining discipline. You don't want to use the same pad twice. So distribution and disposal has to be very carefully managed. They also cannot fall on enemy hands.
Back in the cold War, the KGB extensively used them to contact the 'illegals', but only the best most highly trained agents were allowed to use one time pads with transmitters.

I wonder if tangos have this level of discipline?

Kumaoni

With OTP the biggest challenge is maintaining discipline. You don't want to use the same pad twice. So distribution and disposal has to be very carefully managed. They also cannot fall on enemy hands.
Back in the cold War, the KGB extensively used them to contact the 'illegals', but only the best most highly trained agents were allowed to use one time pads with transmitters.

They used to as they were a disciplined militant outfit. Even now some tangos are well trained in comparison to others in regards to sophisticated equipments. They are just very less in number

Spindrift

How are they even supposed to be proficient with a firearm if every casing has to be accounted for? This is just mind melting.
See, all these rules were put in place by the British as they had a mistrust of Indians in the police force and this mistrust has been carried forward post independence and secondly, the British ingrained a mentality of distrust of the common Indian citizen in the Police force (as at that time the police force was an oppressive force) has also been carried forward.
Of all the mistakes that Nehru led government made post independence the mistake of not completely dissolving the bureaucracy and police and rebuilding them from scratch was the gravest, in my opinion.

The bureaucracy and police still have colonial mindset and they are virtually not answerable to anyone.

kaboom

Country flag

coded matrix sheets were often recovered from foreign commanders. Which I think were similar to OTP

Kumaoni

What was I made of back then hahaha

those were the days I used to do boxing and wasextremely aggressive both online and in real life (have some stories I would not like to share)

Thankfully I’ve calmed down a bit
9DEDF373-0451-4A33-BACA-5C58DD5274D4.jpeg

Global Defence

New threads

Articles