Indian Special Forces

Jedi Operator

Country flag
Someone need to ask some active Marcos guy about why they completely refuse to get their Tavors wet? Why always Aks during water borne missions?

This might answer some of it, also AKs can endure salt water, even Para SF who come out of the water with Tavors remember those are fresh water lakes in Kashmir, or some river over there. I'm not saying Tavor's are not reliable. It's just that AKs can endure alot of salt water, sand and mud. In Chuck Pfarrer's book "SEAL Target Geronimo", he mentions that SEAL Team 6 guys usually keep atleast one tricked out AK in their armory for over the beach landings. (Idk, have seen them using M4s, but read this article man)

Last edited:

Lonewarrior

Country flag
Someone need to ask some active Marcos guy about why they completely refuse to get their Tavors wet? Why always Aks during water borne missions?
I guess most probably it's because they don't have the confidence to fire a gun whose not just chamber but the whole gas system is so damn close to the shooter's face. Not to mention the complete receiver being made of bendy plastic with minimal aluminium/steel reinforcement.
Because as far as I know, IWI claims that their Tavors are Over-the-Beach capable.

Another minor reason may be the difficulty to clean the gun. In AKs (or even ARs) you simply push a tab the whole upper gets seperated giving access to every corner of the gun for cleaning. But in Tavor, even after removing barrel and trigger group you can't get inside it.

Kumaoni

This might answer some of it, also AKs can endure salt water, even Para SF who come out of the water with Tavors remember those are fresh water lakes in Kashmir, or some river over there. I'm not saying Tavor's are not reliable. It's just that AKs can endure alot of salt water, sand and mud. In Chuck Pfarrer's book "SEAL Target Geronimo", he mentions that SEAL Team 6 guys usually keep atleast one tricked out AK in their armory for over the beach landings. (Idk, have seen them using M4s, but read this article man)
Indian sof firing said TAVOR during Vajra Prahar 2022 looked very uncomfortable using jt

ManhattanProject

Country flag
Obligatory Gen Patton quote about making the other guy die

it’s disgraceful how cheaply precious lives are expended by these clowns
This is what i admire about the US, every spec op soldier is precious to them, they would never use them like cannon fodder. Our leadership literally dont treat them like real human beings.

Aspirant847

Country flag
I don’t want to take anything away from badasses that would charge towards gunfire but I think it’s important to be accurate with information and not let narratives get in the way of facts.

this was NOT a hostage rescue operation, the terrorists were chased into the EDI building after they had conducted their attack on a convoy. They happened to find themselves inside EDI and the civilians fled/were allowed to leave/were evacuated by the CRPF in the very first minuets of the event well before Paras turned up

the paras were tasked with clearing and eliminating the barricaded terrorists who were the sole occupants of the building by that point (of course they couldn’t have known that so had to act as if hostages were present)

ballistic shields became commonplace in india post this event

better training for CQB and equipment possibly could’ve saved lives here especially if they had been able to conduct the ops at night, the paras were cutdown in broad daylight.
how effective is CQB if the enemy knows you've entered and you are coming, aren't the chances of being hit very high then even with superior training?

Lonewarrior

Country flag
how effective is CQB...
There're just four steps (and more or less principles too) in CQB; planning, element of surprise, speed of attack and violence of attack.

> Planning : the brilliant plan of using Para SF, a force designed primarily for sabotage operation behind enemy lines for hostage rescue despite having NSG
> Element of Surprise : Zero Dark Thirty is for those p**sies who depend on NVG, we'll go gun blazing in broad daylight oh feeling proud Indian army...
> Speed of Attack : Capitalist Murican Pigs use past tense "has conducted an operation that killed Osama bin Laden" We don't fall for these shenanigans, we use present tense "Pampore encounter in its final stage"
> Violence of Attack : We brought in *checks notes* 84mm CGRL in a *checks notes again* room clearing operation with possibility of hostage situation
12kashmir01.jpg

Now you tell me, how effective!?

Global Defence

New threads

Articles