Indian Special Forces

Kumaoni

Kumaoni

MARCOS not CRPF

Kumaoni

IMO the first step towards creating an SF identity for us is to change the Para Beret for SF.

They are SOF and not Airborne troops. Air Assault qualified is a tool SF has amongst many. It's should not be their identity.

Some with Marcos and Garud. Which genius gave them Maroon Berets they are not part of the Para Regt.
Main issue is that every single operation para does barring histage rescue and maybe stalking enemy lines (even this is more of a ranger op) has been commando in nature.

What strategic operation has Para done in last 20 years? they are damn fine rangers don’t get me wrong, but SF? nahhh

Kumaoni

Sir are you serious? You are scaring me a little
Yes I am very serious. Did you know in Kargil after artillery smashed Pakistani positions in Tololing, all paki soldiers ran away, so rajputana rifles did nothing? Major Vivek Gupta, Major Padmani Acharya both died fighting against ghosts. The ghosts of Kargil defeated India.

Pakistan humiliated India in Kargil according to this forum by losing all its occupied land, more soldiers, and peaks in its own land.

stat231

Country flag
Yes I am very serious. Did you know in Kargil after artillery smashed Pakistani positions in Tololing, all paki soldiers ran away, so rajputana rifles did nothing? Major Vivek Gupta, Major Padmani Acharya both died fighting against ghosts. The ghosts of Kargil defeated India.

Pakistan humiliated India in Kargil according to this forum by losing all its occupied land, more soldiers, and peaks in its own land.
If possible can you elaborate more on the kargil topic

Kumaoni

If possible can you elaborate more on the kargil topic
So basically ghosts defeated India after Pakistan left all its positions inside our side of the LoC and a couple of points in their side too. Ghosts came and counterattacked and humiliated India

Kumaoni

Check at 23:00, MARCOs do Red Cell type missions as well
also, really good comparison with the SEALs. Speaks the truth, what we say here basically. Btw I dont know why this podcaster mentioned Disaster relief ops as Special Operations but Cdr Vijay really is interesting to hear

Lol what? He says the exact opposite here. He claims training and men are *almost* on par with eachother. I can’t wait for pwordjeets on this thread to call him delusional for saying this.