Indian Special Forces

Jedi Operator

Country flag
Lol what? He says the exact opposite here. He claims training and men are *almost* on par with eachother. I can’t wait for pwordjeets on this thread to call him delusional for saying this.
bhyi he pointed out US having bigger budgets and a mandate ect. Everyone here agrees they are at par on training part. He is talking about how they are seen by their country. Everything depends on mandate

Kumaoni

bhyi he pointed out US having bigger budgets and a mandate ect. Everyone here agrees they are at par on training part. He is talking about how they are seen by their country. Everything depends on mandate
No they don’t, p word jeets in this thread would like to have us believe our men are worse trained than female militants

kaboom

Country flag
What's this supposed to do?

View attachment 216964
The Q-Collar is a simple and safe device that applies light pressure to the jugular veins. This pressure causes a slight increase of blood volume inside the head and helps reduce the brain’s movement upon impact, which is the primary cause of brain injury. Similar to a seatbelt in a car, the Q-Collar helps to keep the brain more secure during impacts.

Kumaoni

IMO Indian SF were at the top of anyone's game through the 80s and 90s. Decline was post kargil / 2000s.

In the 80s and 90s MARCOS was one of the top 5 Naval SOF units to be able to do a blue water jump with a full combat load. Have we maintained our edge since then comparative to other SOF units in the world ? Smaller countries like Poland, Phillipines, Malaysia, South Korea have evolved their SoF forces with the times. It's no longer the purview of a few western countries only.

Hell look at the strides African SOF units have made.

What has been our delta of improvement? And this is more a Military leadership problem than a civilian leadership problem.
Have to say, you by far are my favorite poster here, learn new things from you everyday.

The issue with our SOF is it’s stuck in the 90s commando mentality and not looking for strategic ops.

SEALs are eliminating leaders of militants, supporting marines with sniper fire, thereby changing the STRATEGIC outcome of the battle. SAS is busy winning strategic victories in Africa. Paras are winning great tactical victories, sure. But what about strategic? I would ideally use paras to do an op like Baghdadi and Alottabad, not raid the LoC and do cordon operations.

I must say, after reading a bit of these US SOF ops tho, they are quite overhyped. Great and brave? For sure, but gods? Nah. Intel is the god of modern day war.

Kumaoni

IMO Indian SF were at the top of anyone's game through the 80s and 90s. Decline was post kargil / 2000s.

In the 80s and 90s MARCOS was one of the top 5 Naval SOF units to be able to do a blue water jump with a full combat load. Have we maintained our edge since then comparative to other SOF units in the world ? Smaller countries like Poland, Phillipines, Malaysia, South Korea have evolved their SoF forces with the times. It's no longer the purview of a few western countries only.

Hell look at the strides African SOF units have made.

What has been our delta of improvement? And this is more a Military leadership problem than a civilian leadership problem.
In 90s paras would do hundreds of operations where they would sneak across the LoC, live among locals, get info on stategtic assets and commanders of militant organizations, and eliminate them. While also doing super infantry style operations.

So I do disagree with @abingdonboy when he says that paras don’t do ops like that. Although that capability has come down significantly as evidenced by the use of Para SF as glorified security gaurds

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag
The Q-Collar is a simple and safe device that applies light pressure to the jugular veins. This pressure causes a slight increase of blood volume inside the head and helps reduce the brain’s movement upon impact, which is the primary cause of brain injury. Similar to a seatbelt in a car, the Q-Collar helps to keep the brain more secure during impacts.
That shits expensive af even for preventing injuries and concussion

kaboom

Country flag
That shits expensive af even for preventing injuries and concussion
take anything which costs 10rs
paint it with a chamo pattern add tactical in front of its name
now you can easily sell it for 100rs and people will fight to justify why its better

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
In 90s paras would do hundreds of operations where they would sneak across the LoC, live among locals, get info on stategtic assets and commanders of militant organizations, and eliminate them. While also doing super infantry style operations.

So I do disagree with @abingdonboy when he says that paras don’t do ops like that. Although that capability has come down significantly as evidenced by the use of Para SF as glorified security gaurds
That would be SG not para doing undercover ops in POK.In Kashmir it's para

Kumaoni

That would be SG not para doing undercover ops in POK.In Kashmir it's para
I heard somewhere that para would do undercover ops and then lay ambushes, I did read from an officer how sometimes teams would cross LoC and ambush militant columns

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag
take anything which costs 10rs
paint it with a chamo pattern add tactical in front of its name
now you can easily sell it for 100rs and people will fight to justify why its better
Seems to be the case no one would pay 200+ for that shit in there right mind