Indian Special Forces

skunk works

Country flag
When it comes to sheer physical training, SEALs are the top. I am a boxer, and the training we undergo is entirely different to that of SEALs. Unarmed combat, a martial artist will have an advantage cuz that’s all we do night and day (have sparred ex marines fyi), but physically, very few men in this world can match seals.

I know someone whose son is joiningthe seals. They train all day long, literally. Some of their passing requirements are superhumanly. They are trained to kill in war, a whole diff ballgame. Their endurance, stamina,and sheer physical grit is godly.

Indain SF are also very physically strong and tough tho.
What about British SAS/SBS? One hears so little about them. The have a crippling training course in the Lake district in Wales that has killed people in the past. (I think even experienced operators like Andy McNab also died on that course)

JConline

Country flag

mcpo117

Country flag
Guys, does anyone remember that anti insurgency song used to be aired on DD National in early 90's?

mcpo117

Country flag
Its funny how armasen was brought to light by SSS defence while armasen is an absolute success and SSS is barely getting good orders.
Seen those garbage ass looking bpjs passed on as FINSAS? I bet Sen Da would've dumped it.

Jedi Operator

Country flag
What about British SAS/SBS? One hears so little about them. The have a crippling training course in the Lake district in Wales that has killed people in the past. (I think even experienced operators like Andy McNab also died on that course)
What? Andy McNab, if he died on selection how would he be an operator, let alone 'experienced'. Also, dude is still alive.

Jedi Operator

Country flag
Btw, saying that SEALs have tougher or training or UKSF is difficult. SEALs are motivated through runs, instructors lead them on and the shout and yell alot like in a gym. SEAL training focuses on teamwork, more than once it has been said that "BUD/S" is a team effort, not an individual event. In BUD/S you spend time wet and sandy and cold and being comfortable while being uncomfortable. Then SEALs from the top 1% go to DEVGRU and say Green Team was equivalent to combat and much tougher than BUD/S. In UKSF training, instructors dont really say anything and in the Hills Phase, everyone is on his own. In Jungle phase, they are checked for if they can maintain SOPs while staying miserable in the Jungle. Vietnam era SEALs described tropical rainforest living conditions far worse than being wet and sandy. Then ofcourse they get shouted at by the end during escape and evasion training. So, it combines all of that. The continuation training for UKSF is kinda like covering whatever Green Team or OTC does.

Now coming to India, I belive, MARCOs has the most organized and well thought out and toughest selection course. 9 months of Salvage/Clearance diving (no longer practiced) so, 2 weeks similar to BUD/S indoc, 3-month Combat Diving course (Para SF who've already done the probation do the same and MARCOs do it first phase) Then land phase (kind of like BUD/S 1st & 3rd phase combined) and then Special Weapons & Tactics Phase (taken from the continuation training of SAS/SBS)

I personally feel Delta Force has the toughest requirements of all. They combine the Hills and Jungle by having a 4-weeks selection in the rough woody area which has the incline, the rivers, the forest and insects, even bears. All by himself. Then they have a psychological evaluation also, like in CIA or Fedral agent tests/ This is followed by the OTC, which has all the challenges of Green Team and SAS continuation training.

Also think about 24 STS, while doing their own thing, they are equally good at what the teams they work with do. DEVGRU & Delta

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles