Indian Special Forces

AVINASH4061

Professional
Country flag
@AVINASH4061 @Nightshade1992. We have been conducting joint exercises with USSOCOM, and other special forces as well, so what are the outcomes of these. Of late we have seen highcut EXFIL helmets not only with special forces but also with regulars. So why is the top leadership hesitant in by ear pro comtacs which cost less than these helmets yet increase situational awareness.

Btw @Nightshade1992, sir are you Major Abhinandan?
You know who takes the decision for procurement? It's much above my pay grade to comment.

samsaptaka

तस्मात् उत्तिष्ठ कौन्तेय युद्धाय कृतनिष्चय
Country flag
@AVINASH4061 Sir, do you have any good hopes that the AFSOD will address the equipment short fall in SF and result in a change in tasking for SF - from COIN/Cross-border raids to HVT hunt/kill and other strategic objectives ?

Killbot

Country flag
I remember Major Jacob, we’re the effin best in the world, we are best.

Sir leave such disheartening revelations that we don’t have basic SF gear. Please share how many Porkistani tangos you have roasted till date☺.
Dude, seriously.. I don't mean to speak for a soldier, but IA is a professional service. Don't expect them to boast about operational details and violate opsec. That is the last thing we need.
No data regarding the ops in particular shall be brought out. You might ask me things related to weapon, skills and tactics.

Killbot

Country flag
@AVINASH4061 Sir, do you have any good hopes that the AFSOD will address the equipment short fall in SF and result in a change in tasking for SF - from COIN/Cross-border raids to HVT hunt/kill and other strategic objectives ?
Adding to this, sir, what is your view on AFSOD overall? Is it a stepping stone to an INSOCOM or just a separate unit (tri service SMU)? What would be ideal?
@AVINASH4061

Popeye

Country flag
Fellows what's your views ?

Automatic Kalashnikov

Country flag
Fellows what's your views ?
Where will the cut happen from, infantry, armoured, mech, eme, amc, signals, etc?

Pig benis on sushy

Country flag
Where will the cut happen from, infantry, armoured, mech, eme, amc, signals, etc?
Fuck cutting no my father is thinking of retiring but sala abhi Age badha rahe hai top lvl + 3-4 yrs no jco or subedar inc. subedar Major cannot retire papa 15+ yrs kashmir me reh chuke hai he just wanna get out but military ke apne rules hai

Waanar

Country flag
No data regarding the ops in particular shall be brought out. You might ask me things related to weapon, skills and tactics.
Some questions I've been thinking about recently-

SMG or Rifles in urban areas?

5.56 vs 7.62?

What's a good minimum numerical superiority ratio in a firefight?

Which is the worst weapon in Para's inventory and why is it the micro uzi?

What kind of questions would you prefer not being asked?

Also, Bob Marley? Really?

I know many can be answered by googling but I want to hear your preference.

Gessler

Country flag
@AVINASH4061

Hello sir, won't ask much in the way of questions (other members are doing enough of that anyway) but will ask just one:

In SF service, which was your preferred 5.56 platform? Tavor or M4?

And a handful of reasons as to why?

Thank you in advance!

Sentence 1: we don't compare ourselves with anyone
Sentence 2: we are one of the best

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm🙂
Well to be frank that's how they should answer such questions from general public when using their official handles. You don't expect them to list all the reasons as to why & lash out on institutional lethargy do you?

How they handle such requirements & conversations internally is another matter - and one that we're unlikely to know from the outside. Unless someone who's been on the inside at a level where he's privy to such command-level discussions (and has since retired) can answer such questions openly. Like for example Lt. Gen. Prakash Katoch.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles