Indian Special Forces

Kumaoni

Combat experience is what matters, the US know what works we dont and we are not savvy enough to learn.
We have enough experience to learn, plenty of successful operations and failures as well (most notable is Feb 27 when infia was brutally humiliated and became a joke of the world).

Blood+

Country flag
We have enough experience to learn, plenty of successful operations and failures as well (most notable is Feb 27 when infia was brutally humiliated and became a joke of the world).
Experience is a perishable commodity, though, and you must keep that in mind. Plus, the nature of conflicts and the technologies implied have changed drastically from earlier times, so the experience gained two decades ago may not even be as viable or even relevant anymore.

airborneCommando

Country flag
What stops us from bringing in some SFOD and 75th RR guys as instructors? I don't think the US government would have anything to object to, considering the whole China situation.
We usually train alongside guys from 75th ranger regt specifically 2nd Bn.

Vajra prahar (jt ex) usual participants -
1. MARSOC and 1st SFG(A)
2. USAF AFSOC guys from 320th STS along with 1st SFG(A)
3. 2/75 Ranger Regt

E2C38JnVoAAquBX.jpeg

images (3).jpeg

images (2).jpeg

images.jpeg

Blood+

Country flag
We usually train alongside guys from 75th ranger regt specifically 2nd Bn.

Vajra prahar (jt ex) usual participants -
1. MARSOC and 1st SFG(A)
2. USAF AFSOC guys from 320th STS along with 1st SFG(A)
3. 2/75 Ranger Regt

View attachment 213580

View attachment 213581

View attachment 213582

View attachment 213583
I'm not talking about such exercises but bringing in instructors from USA and have them train up our guys for a protracted period of time. Either that or send our lads to the schools in USA and UK, like they are doing with the Ukrainians.

airborneCommando

Country flag
I'm not talking about such exercises but bringing in instructors from USA and have them train up our guys for a protracted period of time. Either that or send our lads to the schools in USA and UK, like they are doing with the Ukrainians.
Some battalions do, some don't......depends upon the CO of the unit. @Nightshade1992 knows better

Blood+

Country flag
Some battalions do, some don't......depends upon the CO of the unit. @Nightshade1992 knows better
That's not good enough, as the supposedly acquired skillsets do not seem to be translating on the ground at all. A matter of this significance shouldn't be left to the whims of the battalion COs and should be made into a standard practice across the board, at least for those units with SOF designations (I realize it's a rather convoluted wording on my part regarding the SOF, but this is intentional as I cannot, in all honesty, consider them SOF as they stand now).

Last edited:

airborneCommando

Country flag
That's not good enough as the supposed acquired skillsets do not seem to be translating into actual practice at all. A matter of this significance shouldn't be left on the whims of the battalion COs and should be made into a standard practice across the board, at least for those units with SOF designations (I realize it's a rather convoluted wording on my part regarding SOF, but this is intentional as I cannot consider them as SOF at their current level).
Currently every battalion of para regiment is SF designated

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag
beti line easy critical thinking hard
in caveman language
In truth the point is our army dosent promote change the studies and tactics are age old that's been running the same way since 90s no change in courses at nda,ota or anywhere else when young officers won't learn about the new tactics and new weapons how do we expect them to bring change when they go up the ladder

Blood+

Country flag
In truth the point is our army dosent promote change the studies and tactics are age old that's been running the same way since 90s no change in courses at nda,ota or anywhere else when young officers won't learn about the new tactics and new weapons how do we expect them to bring change when they go up the ladder
They could at least watch the fucking youtube, can't they?? I totally agree with you by the way.

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag
They could at least watch the fucking youtube, can't they?? I totally agree with you by the way.
Watching YouTube video's won't change your basic thinking when you send 4 years learning a is apple that means a is apple don't think they even bother going to that side of YouTube to check what's wrong with the management cause they think there is nothing wrong in there approach

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles