Indian Special Forces

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag
IKR. Well, at least MARCOS is going in the right direction with basic PPE and Binods being standard now. Wasn't there a rumour on this thread some time back that MARCOS might be switching to AR pattern rifles soon?
Yes claim was made last year I think by end of 2030 I think marcos will be the only properly equipped sf unit followed by garuds

Immanuel

Country flag
People who argue that 5.56 has no stopping power should watch this.
Please, he unloaded nearly a third of the mag on the first kill, there's nothing special in this video, except may be decent kit on the rifle.

Killing 4 mobiks caught off guard isn't all that, decent skill, but sadly they'll die either from Arty or worse a TOS, probably the last time you'll see them

ManhattanProject

Country flag
nope,
bullpup designs are notoriously hard fire in non orthodox positions which are effective in trench warfare
its hard to poke them out of a corner and fire
View attachment 211217
it is hard to squat fire them
View attachment 211218

it is also spits gas directly in your face which in confined spaces like trenches are not good
You can do both the jihadi squat and the jesus take the gun positions with bullpups too.

JConline

Country flag
They aren’t comtacs per se. They may have a degree of noise cancellation (to protect from the most harmful high frequency sounds) but mostly this setup is so the K9 handler can remotely command the K9

NSG have something similar for their assualt doggies
NSG does? Any pics?

abingdonboy

Country flag
NSG does? Any pics?
Not exactly the same kit but enough to allow their K9s to be commanded remotely

as I reiterate often-One of NSG’s few areas where they are world class is K9s and their excellence in this area is far and above the most of any unit In India/the sun continent (not a high bar sure). I haven’t got much evidence of this but I believe it was under NSG’s direction that the army restarted their assault dog programs (after failed experiments in the mid-00s)

16E26BA3-E688-4767-9542-B1FC37BD8D83.jpeg

kaboom

Country flag
Not exactly the same kit but enough to allow their K9s to be commanded remotely

as I reiterate often-One of NSG’s few areas where they are world class is K9s and their excellence in this area is far and above the most of any unit In India/the sun continent (not a high bar sure). I haven’t got much evidence of this but I believe it was under NSG’s direction that the army restarted their assault dog programs (after failed experiments in the mid-00s)

View attachment 211327
i think in this kit the dog collar vibrates according to command

abingdonboy

Country flag
How in the world can a normal airborne troop consider himself as equal to SF ? Does he not know the extra gruelling training, mandate and ops that SF do ? Not to mention the higher risk profile in their missions .
What are we (IA), some kind of local militia where people protest and go on strike ?
A few weeks of ‘extra training’ was all it took to convert airborne battalions to SF, what that says about the seriousness/professionalism of all involved or the training standards of SF to begin with I’ll leave for you to infer