Indian Special Forces

mupper2

Country flag
View attachment 211040
@ManhattanProject @JConline

first of all you need to understand the working of dog's ears.

Unlike humans, whose hearing range is 20 Hz to 20000 Hz dogs can hear as low as 4000 Hz so what @JConline talked about i.e amplification : dogs don't need that. Unlike humans, dogs hearing ability aren't enchanced by comtacs.

Coming to second part, cutting the disruptive sound, there are already equipments present in the market that are fit for this role, and it costs much lower than your comtacs.

example:
View attachment 211044
These are special cloths that block loud sound.

If your special forces have andha paisa, sure go for special caliberated comtacs. Train your dogs to get in tune with those devices but practical use of such devices for dogs is zero.

As a counterpoint..I've worked with MWDs, the dog muffies are for C2 and to protect the hearing, you don't really need a dogs total hearing capability smell and their ability to operate in tighter confined spaces and to control people etc is just as important, so trade off are made, less senitivity in hearing.

Last edited:

vidhwanshak

Country flag
Coming to absorbing properties of a material. Selective absorption of sound can be done for varying frequencies, not amplitude. Again, BASIC PHYSICS.
Did you even undertstand what i WANTED to write?

Let me simplify it:
When sound waves with higher amplitudes encounter sound absorption materials, they carry more energy. If the material has high absorption properties and is capable of dissipating a significant amount of energy, it can effectively reduce the sound level in the environment. Conversely, if the material has low absorption properties, it may struggle to handle high-amplitude sound waves, resulting in more sound reflection or transmission.

Decibel is a physical quantity, a unit of measurement. Can't be perceived differently. And I already said that the dog's ears are more sensitive. Don't know what else you want me to say.
I got you now.

JConline

Country flag

Let me simplify it:
When sound waves with higher amplitudes encounter sound absorption materials, they carry more energy. If the material has high absorption properties and is capable of dissipating a significant amount of energy, it can effectively reduce the sound level in the environment. Conversely, if the material has low absorption properties, it may struggle to handle high-amplitude sound waves, resulting in more sound reflection or transmission.

I got you now.
Again the absorption is NOT dependant on amplitude but dependant on frequency. Amplitude and Frequency are two different properties of sound. You cannot have a material that is selectively absorbant of loud sounds but not absorbant of soft sounds.

Love Charger

चक्रवर्ती
Country flag

Let me simplify it:

I got you now.
The best about this convo is that @NoobWannaLearn has likd it.
I and noob ji ,both have learnt things here am i right @NoobWannaLearn

mcpo117

Country flag
Why are they procuring 552 why not exp2 series infact almost similar price
Or exp3 atmost 100$ difference
Is the any capability difference?
552 is night vision compatible. 2500 hours battery life. Supports rechargeable battery. Higher water resistant. Also weighs a bit more than exp2.

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
They aren't any "experienced", their only kills have been against unarmed policemen or off-guard soldiers. I'll say they're good at planning and execution.

The videos they released only showed that, literally changing mags in middle of a firefight on a road ignoring the fact that he can get shot if his opponent ends up returning fire.

Or the fact that they keep firing for recording PR giving away their location, which is probably why one of their mercenary was smoked up the very day in a firefight and many others subsequently were smoked, including the latest ones.

They were unable to kill the SOG guys of J&K Police even they were off-guard and wasted mags after mags a few years back.

Even their attack on Rajouri base was just killing a few off-guard sentries and getting shot on the face a few moments later.
Understand the difference between experience and skills.

Taliban are not skilled but experienced!

Same way Para SF is not super skilled but has a great experience.