Indian Special Forces

airborneCommando

Country flag
If your special forces have andha paisa
Very evident in most Euro SOFs except brits. My personal opinion - only US Special Operations and their local partners run kits that are practical in nature. Ive seen some european guys running goofy looking kit that appeals to your average redditor (GPNVGs with Rhino mounts, the uncanny looking uniformity)

kaboom

Country flag
View attachment 211040
@ManhattanProject @JConline

first of all you need to understand the working of dog's ears.

Unlike humans, whose hearing range is 20 Hz to 20000 Hz dogs can hear as low as 4000 Hz so what @JConline talked about i.e amplification : dogs don't need that. Unlike humans, dogs hearing ability aren't enchanced by comtacs.

Coming to second part, cutting the disruptive sound, there are already equipments present in the market that are fit for this role, and it costs much lower than your comtacs.

example:
View attachment 211044
These are special cloths that block loud sound.

If your special forces have andha paisa, sure go for special caliberated comtacs. Train your dogs to get in tune with those devices but practical use of such devices for dogs is zero.

A microphone receives the sounds outside of the headset and transmits them to a speaker inside of the headset. The level-dependent digital audio circuit senses noise levels above the desired threshold and compresses them to a safe decibel level or amplifies weak sounds to an audible level.

It only amplifies or attenuates the sound it has noting to do with the frequency ..

Its just like without them you would hear footsteps very lightly but with them on you would hear them more clearly as the sound is amplified , it works the same for dogs

you can read more about them

Attachments

DIE UwU

Country flag
View attachment 211040

Unlike humans, whose hearing range is 20 Hz to 20000 Hz dogs can hear as low as 4000 Hz so what @JConline talked about i.e amplification : dogs don't need that. Unlike humans, dogs hearing ability aren't enchanced by comtacs.

Coming to second part, cutting the disruptive sound, there are already equipments present in the market that are fit for this role, and it costs much lower than your comtacs.

example:
View attachment 211044

If your special forces have andha paisa, sure go for special caliberated comtacs. Train your dogs to get in tune with those devices but practical use of such devices for dogs is zero.

Their main role is to enhance situational awareness and establish a direct communication line with the handler, I saw an interview of former devgru attached who said they would often send k9 into cave systems or unaccessible or high danger areas and would use similar setup to monitor dog movement and give command through ear peice, I dont know anything about dogs hearing but I think that was the reasoning.

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
That is there bro but they seemed to be experienced.

Do you know i recently heard they outsmarted the normal infantry and trapped SF?(rumour)
They aren't any "experienced", their only kills have been against unarmed policemen or off-guard soldiers. I'll say they're good at planning and execution.

The videos they released only showed that, literally changing mags in middle of a firefight on a road ignoring the fact that he can get shot if his opponent ends up returning fire.

Or the fact that they keep firing for recording PR giving away their location, which is probably why one of their mercenary was smoked up the very day in a firefight and many others subsequently were smoked, including the latest ones.

They were unable to kill the SOG guys of J&K Police even they were off-guard and wasted mags after mags a few years back.

Even their attack on Rajouri base was just killing a few off-guard sentries and getting shot on the face a few moments later.

vidhwanshak

Country flag
A microphone receives the sounds outside of the headset and transmits them to a speaker inside of the headset. The level-dependent digital audio circuit senses noise levels above the desired threshold and compresses them to a safe decibel level or amplifies weak sounds to an audible level.

It only amplifies or attenuates the sound it has noting to do with the frequency ..

Its just like without them you would hear footsteps very lightly but with them on you would hear them more clearly as the sound is amplified , it works the same for dogs

you can read more about them

Humans would hear that footsteps lightly but not the dogs. Their sensitivity is much higher than ours.
Ever wondered why dogs behave so erattically when we burst crackers in front of them but for humans its nothing.

vidhwanshak

Country flag
Their main role is to enhance situational awareness and establish a direct communication line with the handler, I saw an interview of former devgru attached who said they would often send k9 into cave systems or unaccessible or high danger areas and would use similar setup to monitor dog movement and give command through ear peice, I dont know anything about dogs hearing but I think that was the reasoning.
earpiece along with muffs are quite common in american special forces. even nsg uses something of this sort.
1687104088232.png

JConline

Country flag
View attachment 211040

example:
View attachment 211044

Amplitude and Frequency of sound are two TOTALLY different parameters. Frequency is measured in Hz and kHz. Amplitude/ Loudness is measured in Decibels. COMTACs protects you from Decibels. Because a loud sound can cause as much damage to a human as it can to a dog. And the CAPS never took off in the US military cause it effectively reduced the field of sound that the dog could hear. COMTACs helps nullify the issue of loud sounds without reducing the dog's field of hearing.
Basic physics, bro........

JConline

Country flag

Humans would hear that footsteps lightly but not the dogs. Their sensitivity is much higher than ours.
Ever wondered why dogs behave so erattically when we burst crackers in front of them but for humans its nothing.
The dogs would hear the footsteps at the same decibel level as humans. Absolutely nothing to do with the frequency shit you mentioned. All it is is that they are more sensitive to sound. But at the same time, a loud sound will send them into a frenzy too. So what a COMTAC does is, it prevents the dog from losing focus due to a loud sound, and it allows the dog to pick up clearer sound clues amidst all the chaos. And on top of that, it allows the handler to relay commands to the dog from a longer distance, in the middle of a lot louder background noise, thus increasing the efficiency of the fur missile.

vidhwanshak

Country flag
Amplitude and Frequency of sound are two TOTALLY different parameters. Frequency is measured in Hz and kHz. Amplitude/ Loudness is measured in Decibels. COMTACs protects you from Decibels. Because a loud sound can cause as much damage to a human as it can to a dog. And the CAPS never took off in the US military cause it effectively reduced the field of sound that the dog could hear. COMTACs helps nullify the issue of loud sounds without reducing the dog's field of hearing.

Basic physics, bro........
My bad, what I wanted to portray was heightend hearing of dogs. Using frequence as an example was a bad choice.

But, still, I stand corrected. What a human consider a low intensity sound , that sound won't be same for dogs. Dogs perceive sound in a different way from humans as such you don't need amplification capabilities that comtacs offer. Their ears have the capability to amplify the captured sound.

CAPS reduce dogs field of hearing? and what is dog's field of hearing?

vidhwanshak

Country flag
The dogs would hear the footsteps at the same decibel level as humans. Absolutely nothing to do with the frequency shit you mentioned. All it is is that they are more sensitive to sound. But at the same time, a loud sound will send them into a frenzy too. So what a COMTAC does is, it prevents the dog from losing focus due to a loud sound, and it allows the dog to pick up clearer sound clues amidst all the chaos. And on top of that, it allows the handler to relay commands to the dog from a longer distance, in the middle of a lot louder background noise, thus increasing the efficiency of the fur missile.
you are wrong. go and search on google then come back.
Dog ears naturally amplify the sound.

JConline

Country flag
you are wrong. go and search on google then come back.
Dog ears naturally amplify the sound.
READ what I wrote. ".... naturally amplify the sound." SO DOES A HUMAN EAR. The whole function of the three small bones called Malleus, Incus, and Stapes is to amplify the sound vibrations and act as a conductive media for sound waves. The little bones in the dog's ear function the same way. But the shape of the dog's ear bones is such that they amplify the sound better, making their ears more sensitive, which I already said! And your whole counter-argument only strengthens my argument. Cause a dog's heightened sensitivity means that they are more prone to louder sounds. A COMTAC prevents that. Plus, the COMTAC also amplifies softer sounds, thus increasing the dog's spatial awareness. Added benefits would be longer distance relay of commands etc.
Now coming to the field of hearing. The field of hearing would be an umbrella term to describe the radius of the distance from which you could hear a certain decibel of sound. The CAPS reduces the field of hearing because it is not an adaptive device. If it suppresses loud noises, it also suppresses soft noises. Thus making it harder for the dog to pick up on softer sound signatures that would be coming from a farther distance. A COMTAC being adaptive suppresses the loud noise but also amplifies the softer noise.

vidhwanshak

Country flag
READ what I wrote. ".... naturally amplify the sound." SO DOES A HUMAN EAR. The whole function of the three small bones called Malleus, Incus, and Stapes is to amplify the sound vibrations and act as a conductive media for sound waves. The little bones in the dog's ear function the same way. But the shape of the dog's ear bones is such that they amplify the sound better, making their ears more sensitive, which I already said! And your whole counter-argument only strengthens my argument. Cause a dog's heightened sensitivity means that they are more prone to louder sounds. A COMTAC prevents that. Plus, the COMTAC also amplifies softer sounds, thus increasing the dog's spatial awareness. Added benefits would be longer distance relay of commands etc.
Now coming to the field of hearing. The field of hearing would be an umbrella term to describe the radius of the distance from which you could hear a certain decibel of sound. The CAPS reduces the field of hearing because it is not an adaptive device. If it suppresses loud noises, it also suppresses soft noises. Thus making it harder for the dog to pick up on softer sound signatures that would be coming from a farther distance. A COMTAC being adaptive suppresses the loud noise but also amplifies the softer noise.
first you need to accept the fact that human ear amplification capabilities are nothing in front of dog's.
then second, you said dogs and humans would perceive the sound at same decibles (which is wrong).
dogs perceive sound louder than humans i.e at higher decible levels than humans.
1687106864010.png

1687106706634.png

Now, to second part :
1687107072467.png

what logic is this "suppresses loud noises, then also suppresses soft noises" ?
please explain me.

Sound absorption is completely dependent on the material used. Few materials can absorb sounds at higher decible and completely ignore sound at lower decible.

Third, I never said COMTACS CAN'T BE USED, I said if your forces have andha paisa you can go for it. Nothing really ground breaking in this.
1687107878989.png

Kumaoni

They aren't any "experienced", their only kills have been against unarmed policemen or off-guard soldiers. I'll say they're good at planning and execution.

The videos they released only showed that, literally changing mags in middle of a firefight on a road ignoring the fact that he can get shot if his opponent ends up returning fire.

Or the fact that they keep firing for recording PR giving away their location, which is probably why one of their mercenary was smoked up the very day in a firefight and many others subsequently were smoked, including the latest ones.

They were unable to kill the SOG guys of J&K Police even they were off-guard and wasted mags after mags a few years back.

Even their attack on Rajouri base was just killing a few off-guard sentries and getting shot on the face a few moments later.
They can’t do a fidayeen attack successfully. Last one was in 2017 I believe

JConline

Country flag
first you need to accept the fact that human ear amplification capabilities are nothing in front of dog's.
then second, you said dogs and humans would perceive the sound at same decibles (which is wrong).
dogs perceive sound louder than humans i.e at higher decible levels than humans.
View attachment 211055

View attachment 211054

Now, to second part :
View attachment 211056

what logic is this "suppresses loud noises, then also suppresses soft noises" ?
please explain me.

Sound absorption is completely dependent on the material used. Few materials can absorb sounds at higher decible and completely ignore sound at lower decible.

Third, I never said COMTACS CAN'T BE USED, I said if your forces have andha paisa you can go for it. Nothing really ground breaking in this.
View attachment 211057
Decibel is a physical quantity, a unit of measurement. Can't be perceived differently. And I already said that the dog's ears are more sensitive. Don't know what else you want me to say.

Coming to absorbing properties of a material. Selective absorption of sound can be done for varying frequencies, not amplitude. Again, BASIC PHYSICS.